Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calivil.... should we close up shop now and hand them the cup?

I am getting that funny feeling of de ja vu again.

Cannot see anyone beating them.

Calivil.... should we close up shop now and hand them the cup?

I am getting that funny feeling of de ja vu again.

Cannot see anyone beating them.
Finals go for 4 weeks not 1. You sound like your from Calivil so you should know what that funny feeling is. ARROGANCE very common up your way;)

Finals go for 4 weeks not 1. You sound like your from Calivil so you should know what that funny feeling is. ARROGANCE very common up your way;)

I must agree with you there there is alot of arrogance up calivil way you just gotta look at Glen Richardson the way he walks around the footy field is pathetic its like he has watermelons under his arms, think hes got little man syndrome

Would of thought winning 5 grand finals in a row plus winning the last 8 games in a row including a comfortable qualifying final win would mean a side would go in with a fair degree of confidence for any game it played.

Arrogance isn't a word i would associate with the demons, i think your confusing them with Newbridge.

Pyramid have been in this position before and choked it up, i would think the pressure would be on them not Calivil this week.

Would of thought winning 5 grand finals in a row plus winning the last 8 games in a row including a comfortable qualifying final win would mean a side would go in with a fair degree of confidence for any game it played.

Arrogance isn't a word i would associate with the demons, i think your confusing them with Newbridge.

Pyramid have been in this position before and choked it up, i would think the pressure would be on them not Calivil this week.
No confusion on my behalf, its Calivil. Your getting confidence and arrogance confused. As for chokers, i do remember the mid 90s Calivil going into grand finals against YC with some arrogance, sorry "CONFIDENCE" and getting thier pants pulled down.I bet you know how many chickens there are at Calivil dont you?

Alright, this thread has gone quiet... Lets start to rate the year coming into finals.

My Best/Worst List...

Best acheived team - On last years results you would have to say Marong. Good recruiting, great off-field team, kudos goes to the hard workers out there, even the ground is looking ok! Honerable mention to Pyramid though...

Worst Acheived team - Easy - Newbridge, losing 4-5 guys out of your side CANNOT have this big of an impact - from unbeatable team mid last year, then to come runners up to a great team - to finishing with no more than 5 wins the following season is unacceptable. HEADS MUST & will Roll (watch that space...!)

Most Underacheived team - Go with Miti, although season not over & will play finals - look to have to play in elimin. final - they recruited heavily and expensively & would have expected top 2 finish - haven't really gotten the chocolates for their efforts.

Team to fall off the face of the earth in next 2-3 years - Race between YCW and Newbridge - Talk around town is N/B coach will get the sack (last coach got fired for losing a grannie) Comer & Mildren already told club they are leaving. With Shevlin to go through another summer, expect him to be 20kgs heavier and no jumper big enough for him next season & with Baxter & others on the verge of retirement - club could be in for a few long years... Plus all not well off-field either! YCW, have HOPEFULLY banked money this year, so will have to throw it in truck loads for players next season (which they tried to this season unsuccessfully) and if it doesn't work in 2009, the church may just ask the young christian workers to either start paying top dollar for the use of the ground or pack their bags and p*ss off for good....

2008 Grand Finalists - Calival, to win it in a canter against Pyramid.

Upset of the finals, Marong to beat Bridgy in the second week, bridgy out in straight sets.

Headline of the OFF-SEASON; Inglewood recruit Alan Didak for 6 games in 09.

Newbridge made a massive mistake with their coaching appointment and things are not well at all off the field so expect a lot of changes for season 2009. A lot of people making decisions for the wrong reasons and not for the benefit of the club.

There were more than 4-5 players different from the team and also going from 60 players at training to 25-30 is an obvious sign of a decline in depth.

Lakey is one of the best country players around and is very hard to replace.
A Grant, Hughes, McEwan, C Giri, M Giri, P Holliday, D Gordon and B Cummins from the Grand Final side didnt play this season. So numerous changes.

Newbridge made a massive mistake with their coaching appointment and things are not well at all off the field so expect a lot of changes for season 2009. A lot of people making decisions for the wrong reasons and not for the benefit of the club.

There were more than 4-5 players different from the team and also going from 60 players at training to 25-30 is an obvious sign of a decline in depth.

Lakey is one of the best country players around and is very hard to replace.
A Grant, Hughes, McEwan, C Giri, M Giri, P Holliday, D Gordon and B Cummins from the Grand Final side didnt play this season. So numerous changes.

Lakey is a very good footballer but you haven't watched alot of Country Footy if you rate him as one of the best. He would have been in the Top Three in the League no doubt but LVFL would be a bit behind other leagues in terms of standard at the moment.

I think Calivil are entitled to be arrogant or confident or whatever they like! Until someone gets up to beat them they can do what they want. Good luck to the Hill this year as it seems its your turn again to have a crack at the title!

Miti will have a huge task this week, with outs this weeks game against Bridgy: Boldiston, Hayes, and others who probably wont play: Morrissey, Wicks and Wood - all in our best 10 players. It will will make the twos game interesting, will be a good test of depth.

I must agree with you there there is alot of arrogance up calivil way you just gotta look at Glen Richardson the way he walks around the footy field is pathetic its like he has watermelons under his arms, think hes got little man syndrome

He also has 4 thats right 4 flags to go with it sunshine!!!!

Miti will have a huge task this week, with outs this weeks game against Bridgy: Boldiston, Hayes, and others who probably wont play: Morrissey, Wicks and Wood - all in our best 10 players. It will will make the twos game interesting, will be a good test of depth.

Morrissey and Wicks must be pretty badly injured if they can't get up for a semi final. I did notice Morrissey limping towards the end of the game but thought he would be a certain starter.

Can you fill us in on what these injuries may be? Or are you keeping these close to your chest?

Morrissey and Wicks must be pretty badly injured if they can't get up for a semi final. I did notice Morrissey limping towards the end of the game but thought he would be a certain starter.

Can you fill us in on what these injuries may be? Or are you keeping these close to your chest?

Yeah they are still a chance of playing, will find out at training tonight though. Wicks did his ankle in the last 1/4, but came back on at the end of the game, but he has had a lot of trouble in the past with it. Cam Wood also did an ankle, and Hayes did his shoulder. Morrissey is always limping after a game - has been playing injured most of the year. With the importance of the game i would tip all except Hayes and Goose will play this week, injuries included.

Wicksy must nearly be due to have a brain snap and smack someone like he did to Grant last year in the prelim. Good hit though!

Has the league B and F been held yet? if not, who's a chance? and please dont tell me that Wicks will get up!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wicksy must nearly be due to have a brain snap and smack someone like he did to Grant last year in the prelim. Good hit though!

Has the league B and F been held yet? if not, who's a chance? and please dont tell me that Wicks will get up!!

No chance, he missed the first 5 games from suspension, and has had an average year, billy grant has put him in some odd possies this year.

Paul Thomson from Marong is a massive chance.

Look out for Marong's late season superstar recruit Mark Gretgrix to make a late run at the reserves B&F!

snr-morrissy(miti), clutton(bridg), fawcett(pyra) top 3

res, touhey (pyra) will win. :thumbsu:

Kurt Ashman has turned himself into a goalkicking onballer and gets so much of the ball he is my pick. Others include Franklin ( Marong ) Fawcett ( Pyramid ) and Mcnally ( Serp ).

Kurt Ashman has turned himself into a goalkicking onballer and gets so much of the ball he is my pick. Others include Franklin ( Marong ) Fawcett ( Pyramid ) and Mcnally ( Serp ).
My pick is Whogivesashit (Nobodycaresville F.C.) The umpires do the votes and you know how well they're respected. So wait and see who wins the flag and who ever wins thier B&F is the best player in the comp.

My pick is Whogivesashit (Nobodycaresville F.C.) The umpires do the votes and you know how well they're respected. So wait and see who wins the flag and who ever wins thier B&F is the best player in the comp.

Sheepy - has it been a while since you've had one?? Seems as though you have alot of pent up anger. Look back through all of your posts, it's just aggression central. It's OK to communicate without trying to big note yourself.

Sheepy - has it been a while since you've had one?? Seems as though you have alot of pent up anger. Look back through all of your posts, it's just aggression central. It's OK to communicate without trying to big note yourself.
No pent up anger just the facts:Dwhat big noting? and i've never won one cause im a backman:p

Interesting notes from today's reserves game.

Game Report:

Game stopped at 15min mark of 2nd quarter at request of B/water captain by Umpire to have a count of players. Subsequent count found that Mitiamo had 19 players present. Mitiamo score was removed (2/3/15), Bridgewater given a free kick and 50 metres and game resumed.

Fair effort from the mean machine yesterday in the senior game. Little bit of luck helped them in the reserves, but you'll take it.

Bridgey are showing that they are the side you don't want to face in this finals series and that goes for Pyramid Hill this week. Massive test for them on the wide open YCW ground. Could Bridgey be the fairytale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back