Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had me until you said PH would be crazy not to take him on board for the rest of the year,

Last time I checked PH were flying 2 games clear on top of the ladder and the magoos were 3 games clear.

Why would you chase some one else when you have blokes that have been at the club all year? Surely if you think you need to alter the side you pick from the talent you have in the two's. You would expect there would be a couple of senior players getting about amongst them.

It speaks volumns about were PH's mind set is at right now. They are wetting their pants that Calivil will wait till the Grand Final and smash them again.

You need to have absolute confidence in each other to win a flag. The fact that PH chased McAdam in the first instance makes them look like bed wetters not premiership favorites.

Talking to people at the Hill, McAdam didn’t play because he didn’t want to take any one's spot. Also there was little 'chasing' to add to their finals team, as he will be a regular player next year, and at only 41 years old he’s still got plenty football in him. So back to B-Boy's comment Pyramid would be crazy not to sign him as soon as they could.

Also just heard one of the James boys fell off his motorbike the other day and did his collar bone - not sure if it was Gavin or Ross? But that would be a 6 to 8 week injury meaning he will miss some of the finals. This adds to their long list of injuries - if Miti don’t beat them this week, u can nearly write them off as contenders.

It was Ross James who broke his collar bone on the weekend..has been playing in the reserves but is expected to miss at least 6 weeks!! Pyramid Hill will almost be back to full strength in coming rounds with alford and cauchi expected to return this weekend against mitiamo.

The winless YCW beats finals contender Marong and not a word mentioned bout it on the forum...
i heard that marong had 15 players out between there seniors and reserve side.. any1 confirm this???

Missing from the senior side Saturday were

Brett Rogers
Ryan Curtis
Simon Cluff
Leigh Kelly
Sam Hargreaves
Craig Kerlin
Dallas Pedretti
Al Rackstraw
Adam Rout
Charlie Thompson
Xav Thompson
Ben Tuohey
Murray Wearne

And from the reserves - Leigh Blandthorn, Zeb Doherty, Chris Taylor.

That makes 16. No excuses though!

Brett Rogers
Ryan Curtis
Simon Cluff
Leigh Kelly
Sam Hargreaves
Craig Kerlin
Dallas Pedretti
Al Rackstraw
Adam Rout
Charlie Thompson
Xav Thompson
Ben Tuohey
Murray Wearne

Seems like there are 16 excuses but you don't see other sides who lose listing their players that were out. Hellboy get over it, bet everyone including me thought you would still beat YC without these blokes. So what are your chances of making finals. HOw long are all of these blokes out for? Did you not risk them because it was YC & thought you would get through anyway, like all of us?

Brett Rogers
Ryan Curtis
Simon Cluff
Leigh Kelly
Sam Hargreaves
Craig Kerlin
Dallas Pedretti
Al Rackstraw
Adam Rout
Charlie Thompson
Xav Thompson
Ben Tuohey
Murray Wearne

Bit rich to include a bloke who left 3 months ago to go to Darwin isn't it?

Seems like there are 16 excuses but you don't see other sides who lose listing their players that were out. Hellboy get over it, bet everyone including me thought you would still beat YC without these blokes. So what are your chances of making finals. HOw long are all of these blokes out for? Did you not risk them because it was YC & thought you would get through anyway, like all of us?

The question was asked, and I confirmed it. Not even close to using outs as an excuse because we still should have won. Finals hopes severely dented now. This win would have put us into 4th on percentage. We will now probably have to beat Serp and Mitiamo to make it. Given the way Marong played last Saturday, this is unlikely. Maybe the kick in the pants that the guys needed though.

Players weren't rested simply because we were playing YCW.

can any1 gave me some info on some mates that play in this league. how are the following guys travelling this year. Gavin james and Brad Fawcett from Pyramid hill and Kurt Ashman from Bridgewater.

Obviously, due to the lack of interest to my query, no-one is interested in playing senior interleague. Seems a shame that with so much talent out there not being showcased, the league hasn't pushed for it. Must be too scared of getting thrashed, when only the "would be's" standup and offer to play.

now that yc has notched a win how will the eagles go this week against calivil the calivil sides will wear the old northern united maroon and gold jumprs and they could be a bit pumped with all the reunion & nostalgia things going on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can any1 gave me some info on some mates that play in this league. how are the following guys travelling this year. Gavin james and Brad Fawcett from Pyramid hill and Kurt Ashman from Bridgewater.

Kurt is having a good year again. Not kicking as many goals this year because he is playing more on the ball, which has been very important for Bridgewater this year. In my opinion, he is much more valuable as an on-baller because he is very clean with his delivery and finds plenty of it. And with some big targets up forward such as Poyner and Collins, he can afford to have a run up the ground.

Brad Fawcett like his past 5 years been very consistent playing good footy off a half back providing plenty of run... James is playing good footy but not quite dominating as much as last year prob due to taggers and did hav a injury cloud over him a few weeks back where he missed bridgy game.. i see someone already answered about Ashman and yeh there right on the money..

Things have gone a bit quiet as of late...

Massive game on the weekend between Marong and Mitiamo. It will really shape the final 5.

Any thoughts on who will win and why?

Massive game on the weekend between Marong and Mitiamo. It will really shape the final 5.

Some massive weekends of footy coming up, with 3 sides trying to squeeze into the final two spots.

I doubt Miti and Marong will be close at all, miti will be far too stong for marong - a lot riding on it though, miti for need to win to get a double chance, and marong need it to have a chance to make the finals, but serp will get their spot.
It wont matter who makes the last two spots, pyramaid, calivil and miti are the only teams that can possibly win the premiership. I would have added Bridgwater, but what has happened to them? Are they finished? Anyone got some ideas on what has happened to them?

I doubt Miti and Marong will be close at all, miti will be far too stong for marong - a lot riding on it though, miti for need to win to get a double chance, and marong need it to have a chance to make the finals, but serp will get their spot.
It wont matter who makes the last two spots, pyramaid, calivil and miti are the only teams that can possibly win the premiership. I would have added Bridgwater, but what has happened to them? Are they finished? Anyone got some ideas on what has happened to them?

With the name "soup er roo", I'm not surprised that you are talking up the Super Roos. You are right though, as they should account for Marong, but they can't afford to lose this one with a tough run home.

What do you make of how the season is shaping up do Pyramid look the side or are Calivil reeling them again?

I notice it's also pretty tight between 3rd and 6th too seen a big report on the Serp vs Pyramid game tomorrow on www.********************** Looks like the game with Marong the week after could have a big say for the Panthers and Serp as to who gets 5th spot.

What do you make of how the season is shaping up do Pyramid look the side or are Calivil reeling them again?

I notice it's also pretty tight between 3rd and 6th too seen a big report on the Serp vs Pyramid game tomorrow on www.********************** Looks like the game with Marong the week after could have a big say for the Panthers and Serp as to who gets 5th spot.

Calivil are starting to fire at the right time of the year (again!) and would have to be favorites. Once they get their running game going they are very hard to stop.
The finals should provide some very interesting games though.

If games go as expected over the next 3 weeks, the winner of Marong/ Serp next week will certainly finish 5th. Marong have Miti and Pyramid, and Serp have Pyramid and Calivil. All things being equal, Marong have a slightly better run home with Miti a step down from Calivil. If Marong was to win this weekend against Miti (and beat Serp), given the small gap in percentage between the 2 sides, Marong would could quite conceivably finish 3rd.

There may be some bias from me, but there is no doubt that this would be an extraordinary effort.

If games go as expected over the next 3 weeks, the winner of Marong/ Serp next week will certainly finish 5th. Marong have Miti and Pyramid, and Serp have Pyramid and Calivil. All things being equal, Marong have a slightly better run home with Miti a step down from Calivil. If Marong was to win this weekend against Miti (and beat Serp), given the small gap in percentage between the 2 sides, Marong would could quite conceivably finish 3rd.

There may be some bias from me, but there is no doubt that this would be an extraordinary effort.

Not a hope in hell now mate.

3rd spot will all come down to the last round now Miti V Bridgey.

can Calivil be stopped? They've almost been put down as no chance the last 2 or 3 years, because there success is due to come to an end, but it dosent. THere is a lot of pride and passion out there, that's the difference between them and the rest. MOst of them are original Calivil people, and if they arent originals, they are just as loyal.
Most teams have good payed players out there, but Calivil have good players with passion, the reason for there massive succes for the last 7 years or what ever it is!
I dont come from Calivil Footy Club either, used to hate the fu*&kers playin for Serp, but atleast they're a proper club.

can Calivil be stopped? They've almost been put down as no chance the last 2 or 3 years, because there success is due to come to an end, but it dosent. THere is a lot of pride and passion out there, that's the difference between them and the rest. MOst of them are original Calivil people, and if they arent originals, they are just as loyal.
Most teams have good payed players out there, but Calivil have good players with passion, the reason for there massive succes for the last 7 years or what ever it is!
I dont come from Calivil Footy Club either, used to hate the fu*&kers playin for Serp, but atleast they're a proper club.

Yer interesting they seem to have it over opposition sides more mentally that through talent although it needs to remembered the Pyramid have handled them twice this year though. Miti play them this weeks what everyone's predictions? I see Guy Orton on the centralvicfooty site thinks they will go much better this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back