Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to Marong, who seem to have made the finals, fair effort to come from the bottom last year to making the finals. Looks like it was a good game this week, looking at the scores.
Watched Miti and Calivil, Calivil were in second gear all day, scores were pretty close, but Miti never looked like winning.
As predited a few weeks ago, Miti and Bridgie will play off to get third, should be a good game, as a Miti supporter, i honestly cant pick a winner, what are everyone else's preditions?

Well done to Marong, who seem to have made the finals, fair effort to come from the bottom last year to making the finals. Looks like it was a good game this week, looking at the scores.
Watched Miti and Calivil, Calivil were in second gear all day, scores were pretty close, but Miti never looked like winning.
As predited a few weeks ago, Miti and Bridgie will play off to get third, should be a good game, as a Miti supporter, i honestly cant pick a winner, what are everyone else's preditions?

Definitely an excellent effort from Marong

Miti looked way to slow, apart from Morrissey no real ball carriers. The backline with Boldiston, Mclean and I see Saunders down there as well on Saturday is slow and predictable. You are correct in saying Calivil never looked like they were out of 2nd gear. I would think Bridgey will be to slick for Miti this week.

Alright, this thread has gone quiet... Lets start to rate the year coming into finals.

My Best/Worst List...

Best acheived team - On last years results you would have to say Marong. Good recruiting, great off-field team, kudos goes to the hard workers out there, even the ground is looking ok! Honerable mention to Pyramid though...

Worst Acheived team - Easy - Newbridge, losing 4-5 guys out of your side CANNOT have this big of an impact - from unbeatable team mid last year, then to come runners up to a great team - to finishing with no more than 5 wins the following season is unacceptable. HEADS MUST & will Roll (watch that space...!)

Most Underacheived team - Go with Miti, although season not over & will play finals - look to have to play in elimin. final - they recruited heavily and expensively & would have expected top 2 finish - haven't really gotten the chocolates for their efforts.

Team to fall off the face of the earth in next 2-3 years - Race between YCW and Newbridge - Talk around town is N/B coach will get the sack (last coach got fired for losing a grannie) Comer & Mildren already told club they are leaving. With Shevlin to go through another summer, expect him to be 20kgs heavier and no jumper big enough for him next season & with Baxter & others on the verge of retirement - club could be in for a few long years... Plus all not well off-field either! YCW, have HOPEFULLY banked money this year, so will have to throw it in truck loads for players next season (which they tried to this season unsuccessfully) and if it doesn't work in 2009, the church may just ask the young christian workers to either start paying top dollar for the use of the ground or pack their bags and p*ss off for good....

2008 Grand Finalists - Calival, to win it in a canter against Pyramid.

Upset of the finals, Marong to beat Bridgy in the second week, bridgy out in straight sets.

Headline of the OFF-SEASON; Inglewood recruit Alan Didak for 6 games in 09.

Haha at the last part. I don't think that will happen, as i think Didak will go back to South Australia and play for Port or the Crows..

Marong have certainly suprised a lot of people this year. Only winning a handful of games last season, to making the finals this season is a big step for the club. I play for the U 17's, and there is a sense that the club is changing. So many more people are involved in the club compared to last year, and the young players coming through the ranks are pretty handy players.

Lachlan Frankel has played most of the season in the Seniors, and has done his job in there. It is good for him to get a stint with the Seniors, and next year he will hopefully play the whole season as a medium half forward.

Luke Savy is defiently a player who could of played Seniors aswell. Had a couple of weeks off because of a knee injury during the middle stages of the year, but has ripped up every game since coming back from injury. Coming from Golden Square last year, he was defiently a good find for us, and he filled the gap that Lachy left.

So where are comer and mildren meant to be of to next year then? i have heard a rumour that strathfieldsaye are really after comer! and i know that kangaroo flat were chasing sam mildren last year so may be he will be goin back there? Shevlin would nearly have to retire after this year he has been absolutely useless just a total waste of space!

my prediction for lvfl league medal, anyone else...

1st - Jon coglan - Bridgewater

2nd - Josh Hutton - Bears lagoon- Serpentine

3rd - Dave Morrisey - Mitiamo

Smokey - Daniel wills - Pyramid Hill

my prediction for lvfl league medal, anyone else...

1st - Jon coglan - Bridgewater

2nd - Josh Hutton - Bears lagoon- Serpentine

3rd - Dave Morrisey - Mitiamo

Smokey - Daniel wills - Pyramid Hill

Geez, Jonny Cog would be doing well to win the league b & f considering he only played one game!

I think you mean Dave Coghlan.

i think dave coghlan will win the league medal

Should be a few good games this weekend
my tips are

Mitiamo in a tight one over bridgewater at windy flats
Pyramid will be to quick for marong, chilcott and pedretti will be a good battle
Calivil over serp
inglewood just over newbridge

i think dave coghlan will win the league medal

Should be a few good games this weekend
my tips are

Mitiamo in a tight one over bridgewater at windy flats
Pyramid will be to quick for marong, chilcott and pedretti will be a good battle
Calivil over serp
inglewood just over newbridge

Darren Clutton would have to be right up there in the B & F. He is clearly the best defender in the comp, takes a heap of grabs each game, and sets up so many attacks for Bridgewater.

Tips this weekend

Hopefully Bridgey
Pyramid
Calivil
and a close one at Inglewood.

Alright, this thread has gone quiet... Lets start to rate the year coming into finals.

My Best/Worst List...

Best acheived team - On last years results you would have to say Marong. Good recruiting, great off-field team, kudos goes to the hard workers out there, even the ground is looking ok! Honerable mention to Pyramid though...

Worst Acheived team - Easy - Newbridge, losing 4-5 guys out of your side CANNOT have this big of an impact - from unbeatable team mid last year, then to come runners up to a great team - to finishing with no more than 5 wins the following season is unacceptable. HEADS MUST & will Roll (watch that space...!)

Most Underacheived team - Go with Miti, although season not over & will play finals - look to have to play in elimin. final - they recruited heavily and expensively & would have expected top 2 finish - haven't really gotten the chocolates for their efforts.

Team to fall off the face of the earth in next 2-3 years - Race between YCW and Newbridge - Talk around town is N/B coach will get the sack (last coach got fired for losing a grannie) Comer & Mildren already told club they are leaving. With Shevlin to go through another summer, expect him to be 20kgs heavier and no jumper big enough for him next season & with Baxter & others on the verge of retirement - club could be in for a few long years... Plus all not well off-field either! YCW, have HOPEFULLY banked money this year, so will have to throw it in truck loads for players next season (which they tried to this season unsuccessfully) and if it doesn't work in 2009, the church may just ask the young christian workers to either start paying top dollar for the use of the ground or pack their bags and p*ss off for good....

2008 Grand Finalists - Calival, to win it in a canter against Pyramid.

Upset of the finals, Marong to beat Bridgy in the second week, bridgy out in straight sets.

Headline of the OFF-SEASON; Inglewood recruit Alan Didak for 6 games in 09.

Interesting thoughts there.
I think you are forgetting this is LVFL and not AFL, things can turn around quickly as we have seen. Don't forget that Newbridge went from being no where near finals in 2005 to nearly a grand final in 2006.
A little bit of recruiting and we'll see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a lot on the line for both Miti and Bridgie, the game was very physical - a few little fights and cheap shots by both teams. Miti used their home ground advantage very well, kicking 15 goals to 3 after quarter time. Marong were winning after 3/4 time - can anyone who watched the game help explain this?

Here are my tips for this weeks finals
1's
CALIVIL vs Miti
MARONG vs Bridgie

2's
MITI vs Calivil
NEWBRIDGE vs Bridgie

With a lot on the line for both Miti and Bridgie, the game was very physical - a few little fights and cheap shots by both teams. Miti used their home ground advantage very well, kicking 15 goals to 3 after quarter time. Marong were winning after 3/4 time - can anyone who watched the game help explain this?

Here are my tips for this weeks finals
1's
CALIVIL vs Miti
MARONG vs Bridgie

2's
MITI vs Calivil
NEWBRIDGE vs Bridgie

marongs 2nd and 3rd quarters were really good were applying alot of pressure and used the ball well when had the wind. was a good game.

Darren Clutton would have to be right up there in the B & F. He is clearly the best defender in the comp, takes a heap of grabs each game, and sets up so many attacks for Bridgewater.

Tips this weekend

Hopefully Bridgey
Pyramid
Calivil
and a close one at Inglewood.

clutton takes so many marks because he is always a loose man in defence, dropped a lot of marks when playing against us and his kicking was pretty ordinary aswell

clutton takes so many marks because he is always a loose man in defence, dropped a lot of marks when playing against us and his kicking was pretty ordinary aswell

clutton is a very good player, consistent as well. paul thomson and lee franklin from marong would be good harding medal hopes, dave morrisey from miti, hutton from serp, pyramid and calivil would both probly have alot of players taken votes off each other. a rough hope would also have 2 be o'connor from inglewood a classy midfielder who performed well alot this year and baxter from newbridge would also have 2 be thereabouts. did i 4get anyone? :confused:

Does the name Tim Wicks ring a bell? He's looser than a wizards sleeve and he has won a league b & f.

Clutts reads the ball so well he doesn't need to man up.

He is never a loose man in defence...always has an opponent.

He has played as well as Lakey did last year for N'Bridge.

Does the name Tim Wicks ring a bell? He's looser than a wizards sleeve and he has won a league b & f.

Clutts reads the ball so well he doesn't need to man up.

He is never a loose man in defence...always has an opponent.

He has played as well as Lakey did last year for N'Bridge.

Yeah, ill second that! Im not a teammate of Clutts, but in both games against him this year he has clearly been Bridgey's best.....is very strong in the air, and took some great contested grabs!

And as an ex-soccer superstar who didnt play footy until 18-19....he makes alot of blokes who have been playing all there lives look very ordinary if you ask me!

Yeah, ill second that! Im not a teammate of Clutts, but in both games against him this year he has clearly been Bridgey's best.....is very strong in the air, and took some great contested grabs!

And as an ex-soccer superstar who didnt play footy until 18-19....he makes alot of blokes who have been playing all there lives look very ordinary if you ask me!

had a good year last year, and been good again, but bridgy need him to perform in the big games, that is finals, had poor game in there first final last year, so hope he can perform for bridgy on sunday, all the best to all teams in finals.:thumbsu:

So what does everyone think about the results from the weekend.

A couple of good games:
Calivil found that extra gear when required in the last quarter to win comfortably. Morrisey seemed to be limping towards the end of the game and Boldiston looked to hurt his knee which required the stretcher. Any word on these two?

On Sunday, it was a very even contest in the first half. Bridgewater lifted in the 3rd with the forward line clicking to kick 6 goals. Up by 5 goals deep into the last quarter when marong kicked a couple of quick ones.

So this week:

PH v Calivil - Is Pyramid good enough to stop this Calivil juggernaut?

Miti v Bridgey - Can Bridgey make up for the dissappointing 2nd half fade out on Miti's home turf?

A couple of good games:
Calivil found that extra gear when required in the last quarter to win comfortably. Morrisey seemed to be limping towards the end of the game and Boldiston looked to hurt his knee which required the stretcher. Any word on these two?

On Sunday, it was a very even contest in the first half. Bridgewater lifted in the 3rd with the forward line clicking to kick 6 goals. Up by 5 goals deep into the last quarter when marong kicked a couple of quick ones.

So this week:

Miti v Bridgey - Can Bridgey make up for the dissappointing 2nd half fade out on Miti's home turf?

Isn't the locations for the finals switched now??? With Miti and Bridgewater playing at Serp on Sunday and the PH - Calivil game at Mitty...

A couple of good games:

So this week:

Morrissey should be ok, but it looks like Garth's (Goose) season will be over, it was was a disgrace hearing Calivil supporters cheering and carrying on when he went down with such a serious injury, just shows how arrogant they have become after five years on top.

The games have been swapped for this week, at Miti Saturday and Serp on Sunday.

I think the Hill will beat Calivil, as they match up better, but will be a very even game. And Miti should beat Bridgie, but with Miti’s inconsistency it could go either way.

Should be two cracking games and very close.

Any other predictions for these games and why?

Lets get the forum cranking...it is the finals after all!

Should be two cracking games and very close.

Any other predictions for these games and why?

Lets get the forum cranking...it is the finals after all!

I'll give my 2 cents worth... I think Pyramid with just a little too much polish at the moment... But don't underestimate the boys from Calivil... Geez there twos looked extremely good on the weekend...

In sunday's game Mitty Vs Bridgey, i'll tip Bridgey.. Have the fire power up forward to get the job done.. Hopefully big baby shrek recovers from injury to get a run in the twos... Was inspirational as the runner in the twos on the weekend helping them get over the line...

Would this be right again??
Seniors
Pyramid Vs Calivil?
Twos
Pyramid Vs Calivl?

Seniors
Bridgey Vs Mitty
Twos
Bridgey Vs Mitty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad