Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll find they have picked up half of kangaroo flat, maybe players that weren't stars in the BFL, although one was, but will all be very very good players in the LVFL. Milward, Nixon, Holliday, Scoble.

Newbridge have picked up these guys, but they are hardly "half of Kangaroo Flat"........Milward will not be back until later in the year, Nixon knows that he should still be at K/Flat playing seniors this year with Zantuck, Rombotis, Wiegard and Warry, Holliday is a good player in the bush but how fit is he, and Scoble is a great bloke, and an old war-horse, but pulls up injured. All these guys will be trying to get back to Kangaroo Flat in 2008.

just reading on heathcote league rumor that rob bennett may be going to dunolly i think rubbish any one confirm i thought one reason webby agreed to play there as well as the a/c role

just reading on heathcote league rumor that rob bennett may be going to dunolly i think rubbish any one confirm i thought one reason webby agreed to play there as well as the a/c role

Yes has anyone seen him at training lately...rumour has it that he is back at north bulldogs...misses the place. Someone has said that he wants to talk return but noone approached him.:confused:

Yes has anyone seen him at training lately...rumour has it that he is back at north bulldogs...misses the place. Someone has said that he wants to talk return but noone approached him.:confused:

He is staying at YCW a mate of his put it on Big Footy as a joke. He did go training at north only because he couldn't make it to YCW's on the Friday night. As for him wanting to return, it is way out of the question, and that is why nobody would of approached him because they know he won't return and he doesn't miss the place.

Also he hasn't missed training at YCW. Fingernotonpulse!!!

He is staying at YCW a mate of his put it on Big Footy as a joke. He did go training at north only because he couldn't make it to YCW's on the Friday night. As for him wanting to return, it is way out of the question, and that is why nobody would of approached him because they know he won't return and he doesn't miss the place.

Also he hasn't missed training at YCW. Fingernotonpulse!!!

not a problem here, bob..i live out of town and get the gossip wrong on a regular basis, which is why i like checking out what other misinformed people put on here...he must be an assett if he is keen to train that hard.

not a problem here, bob..i live out of town and get the gossip wrong on a regular basis, which is why i like checking out what other misinformed people put on here...he must be an assett if he is keen to train that hard.

i must say this is the slowest thread around...does that reflect the league, and people just are not quite up to it out here in the sticks, or are people so far up themselves that they do enjoy the game for what it is...a bit of fun these days? i invite some feedback on this contentious issue. Is there anyone passionate about this league or am i gunna switch to KDFL or HDFL???????????? wake up guys!

Being an ex Calivil player (2000), I was wondering what was happening out there in the EL VEE. Any big news? Calivil, Serp, YC and N/B still tearing it up? Predicted ladder for 2007? Coaches any thing.

Being an ex Calivil player (2000), I was wondering what was happening out there in the EL VEE. Any big news? Calivil, Serp, YC and N/B still tearing it up? Predicted ladder for 2007? Coaches any thing.

From what the EX Huntly boys are saying and what is on the clearance board (and still to come) Newbridge sound like they might be the ones to beat in 07. Although you can't rule out Calival.

Unless we get some rain, the season won't go ahead anyway. have had a look at a couple of the grounds and there is no way you could play footy on them at the moment, hard as a rock with very little grass.

Unless we get some rain, the season won't go ahead anyway. have had a look at a couple of the grounds and there is no way you could play footy on them at the moment, hard as a rock with very little grass.

Very sad state of affairs there... What are the grounds that would be of most concern pratt??? Obvioulsy YCW's home ground would have to be in pretty poor knick wouldn't it?

Very sad state of affairs there... What are the grounds that would be of most concern pratt??? Obvioulsy YCW's home ground would have to be in pretty poor knick wouldn't it?

I don't think Y.C.W would be the worst and there was word that they were going to have access to bore water so if they can get 3 0r 4 grounds in decent conditions the season will surely go ahead even if it means a few games at alternate times.

On the Footy side of things Newbridge have certainly had a productive pre season and Reed Wills should prove a real handful up forward while Y.C.W with a couple of handy recruits and the solid base they had in place last season should be in the thick of the action to you would think.
How does everyone think Pyramid Hill will go under new coach Phil Birchmore? If he can snap their 50 odd year Premiership drought they will proberly hand him the keys to the town.

For God's sake is LoddOn Valley Football League -can we spell it right!

28 at Inglewood footy training and 30 at netball training last night, have recruited well the Blues for 2007. A BBQ afterwards and everyone attended, very good feeling around the club.

Now if the footballers could just win a game...;)

I don't think Y.C.W would be the worst and there was word that they were going to have access to bore water so if they can get 3 0r 4 grounds in decent conditions the season will surely go ahead even if it means a few games at alternate times.

On the Footy side of things Newbridge have certainly had a productive pre season and Reed Wills should prove a real handful up forward while Y.C.W with a couple of handy recruits and the solid base they had in place last season should be in the thick of the action to you would think.
How does everyone think Pyramid Hill will go under new coach Phil Birchmore? If he can snap their 50 odd year Premiership drought they will proberly hand him the keys to the town.

Talking to recruiting guy from YCW, said they have a bore in and can water as much as they like and he said a few other teams (he thought newbridge was 1) has already put things into place for sinking a bore if the rain didn't come. He also mentioned that Pyramid was fine and Marong had access to water. So it appears that league should have enough grounds initially to start. You would think they would start with maybe all games played over 4-5 grounds and as the rain comes open up other grounds as they become playable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawker, not sure the huntly boys heading to newbridge, will set the world on fire out there, if they do, its not really saying alot. OTM, reed wills to win the goal kicking if he plays forward all day, every day. the big shev may watch the ball sailing over his head all day. big recruit

Talking to recruiting guy from YCW, said they have a bore in and can water as much as they like and he said a few other teams (he thought newbridge was 1) has already put things into place for sinking a bore if the rain didn't come. He also mentioned that Pyramid was fine and Marong had access to water. So it appears that league should have enough grounds initially to start. You would think they would start with maybe all games played over 4-5 grounds and as the rain comes open up other grounds as they become playable.
Can confirm Newbridge have no water, and have been told YCW bore is to salty, they will have to mix a bit of fresh water into it if they want to water the ground. So in other words, their ground is stuffed to. Bridgewater was terrible last year, don't know how Inglewood has pulled up, but again, was very ordinary last year and wouldn't expect it to be any better over the hot summer.

Can confirm Newbridge have no water, and have been told YCW bore is to salty, they will have to mix a bit of fresh water into it if they want to water the ground. So in other words, their ground is stuffed to. Bridgewater was terrible last year, don't know how Inglewood has pulled up, but again, was very ordinary last year and wouldn't expect it to be any better over the hot summer.

There has been talk of a meeting on Monday night coming to determine if this league even starts up this year due to insufficient grounds...and a bleak outlook on those grounds. Does anyone have any more info about this....could see an influx of recruiting kickstarted again.

M.Pollock back to his old stomping ground in Serp after a couple years at the borough. Can the man play or his he all talk, do serp look like being contenders

pollock can play dont wory bout that. reallydidnt get the chance at the borough with the older brigade still running through the guts. very hard at it player, very tough. should go alright for you boys one would think

For God's sake is LoddOn Valley Football League -can we spell it right!

28 at Inglewood footy training and 30 at netball training last night, have recruited well the Blues for 2007. A BBQ afterwards and everyone attended, very good feeling around the club.

Now if the footballers could just win a game...;)

28 players is hardly anything to write home about. And when there is food about and the missus going to training, more blokes turn up. I bet the very next session 15 guys only make it to training. Inglewood wont win a game again this season.

28 players is hardly anything to write home about. And when there is food about and the missus going to training, more blokes turn up. I bet the very next session 15 guys only make it to training. Inglewood wont win a game again this season.

The Blues should bet B'water this year. The Blues have got about 5 or more young blokes that look set to sign, that could possible play seniors. I hear that the coaches other son is meant to be playing for them too. With B'water missing Andrew Ball at the helm, not too sure who will lead them. He's gonna be a BIG miss for them.

P.S Does anyone know how the netball teams are looking? Any new faces?;)

The Blues should bet B'water this year. The Blues have got about 5 or more young blokes that look set to sign, that could possible play seniors. I hear that the coaches other son is meant to be playing for them too. With B'water missing Andrew Ball at the helm, not too sure who will lead them. He's gonna be a BIG miss for them.

P.S Does anyone know how the netball teams are looking? Any new faces?;)

Heard a bit about netball. Serp start training tomorrow night but don't have a coach as yet as last years coach, Wendy Ryan I believe was asked to move on. But the girls will manage. YC have a heap of girls, not hard to get girls when they're based in town. Newbridge got a heap of new players, I believe they had to cut a few. They've got a new coach - she coached YC for the last few years so they're games shall be interesting this year!! Believe Calivil are looking for more players. Not sure about the other clubs. Has anyone else heard anything???

Heard a bit about netball. Serp start training tomorrow night but don't have a coach as yet as last years coach, Wendy Ryan I believe was asked to move on. But the girls will manage. YC have a heap of girls, not hard to get girls when they're based in town. Newbridge got a heap of new players, I believe they had to cut a few. They've got a new coach - she coached YC for the last few years so they're games shall be interesting this year!! Believe Calivil are looking for more players. Not sure about the other clubs. Has anyone else heard anything???

Yes Wendy Ryan up to her usual tricks again and was asked to move on, the second LVFL club to ask her to leave. Her daughter and a few other netballers have left as well and Serp aren't looking too strong. After their implosion in the finals last year anyway it seems they can't hack the pace when it counts and are more worried about how they look and being immature than playing netball. Miti have recruited well, good numbers and strong players, Newbridge also about 40 turn up for pre-season, Inglewood also good numbers with popular new coach at the helm, apparently Marong struggling for numbers, actually heard YC didn't have that many so not sure about that?? Bridgy will probably struggle as usual and Pyramid Hill lost a few due to footy coach going back to Echuca and it being too far to travel for the Bendigo based girls, all in all shaping up for a strong season again. :)

Reported on Win News this evening about the LVFL meeting last night.

5 clubs believe that there grounds will be ready to go as scheduled for round 1.

4 clubs believe that unless we get significant rainfall there grounds are doubtful.

Apparently closer to the date, the league will go and inspect all grounds and declare whether or not they are safe to play on.

They didn't go into details about which grounds where ready to go and those they were doubtful.

Reported on Win News this evening about the LVFL meeting last night.

5 clubs believe that there grounds will be ready to go as scheduled for round 1.

4 clubs believe that unless we get significant rainfall there grounds are doubtful.

Apparently closer to the date, the league will go and inspect all grounds and declare whether or not they are safe to play on.

They didn't go into details about which grounds where ready to go and those they were doubtful.

Thats simple then if the LV has 5 grounds ready to roll then you start the season as scheduled and play on them until the others come up to scratch. Watch out for Serp in the early rounds boys they had done a good pre-season and could get off to a flyer.

Thats simple then if the LV has 5 grounds ready to roll then you start the season as scheduled and play on them until the others come up to scratch. Watch out for Serp in the early rounds boys they had done a good pre-season and could get off to a flyer.

Should be a good indication on Friday night when Serp plays a praccy match over at Maryborough under lights.. I think Maryborough Rovers are first on the agenda... What are they like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back