Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a good indication on Friday night when Serp plays a praccy match over at Maryborough under lights.. I think Maryborough Rovers are first on the agenda... What are they like?

My research tells me 4th same as Serp so it should be a good hit out for you guys.
I see Ingelwood take on North Bendigo next Tuesday are their any other LV sides in the comp?

I'm not 100% sure about last year ( they didn't make the GF) but in recent years they have been up in the finals mix.
I see Ingelwood take on North Bendigo next Tuesday are their any other LV sides in the comp?

I think they are the only other LV side in the comp (Serp and Inglewood)... I think Daylesford Magoos are in there as well, not sure who else..

Reported on Win News this evening about the LVFL meeting last night.

5 clubs believe that there grounds will be ready to go as scheduled for round 1.

4 clubs believe that unless we get significant rainfall there grounds are doubtful.

Apparently closer to the date, the league will go and inspect all grounds and declare whether or not they are safe to play on.

They didn't go into details about which grounds where ready to go and those they were doubtful.

from what i heard from the league meeting last night (monday) only inglewood and bridgewater are the only unplayable grounds, didn't say that they weren't safe, at the minute, but the shire is wanting the clubs to put an action plan in place, so that the shire can then help them out with water and tanks. newbridge is apparatenly gettin a pipe connected to the river or something just to help them out a bit. all they need is about 2 inches in rain between now and the start of the season!;)

from what i heard from the league meeting last night (monday) only inglewood and bridgewater are the only unplayable grounds, didn't say that they weren't safe, at the minute, but the shire is wanting the clubs to put an action plan in place, so that the shire can then help them out with water and tanks. newbridge is apparatenly gettin a pipe connected to the river or something just to help them out a bit. all they need is about 2 inches in rain between now and the start of the season!;)

Any rain would be a good start... Good to see that the Shire is willing to assist the clubs that are struggling with their grounds..

had heard a few rumours through out the off season that ross smith is heading back to miti, macca lamprell meant to be going back to i'wood, casey millard is meant to be leaving bridgewater and heading to where ever andrew ball is now. :eek:

Yes Wendy Ryan up to her usual tricks again and was asked to move on, the second LVFL club to ask her to leave. Her daughter and a few other netballers have left as well and Serp aren't looking too strong. After their implosion in the finals last year anyway it seems they can't hack the pace when it counts and are more worried about how they look and being immature than playing netball. Miti have recruited well, good numbers and strong players, Newbridge also about 40 turn up for pre-season, Inglewood also good numbers with popular new coach at the helm, apparently Marong struggling for numbers, actually heard YC didn't have that many so not sure about that?? Bridgy will probably struggle as usual and Pyramid Hill lost a few due to footy coach going back to Echuca and it being too far to travel for the Bendigo based girls, all in all shaping up for a strong season again. :)

Even though this is a footy site, good to see some yack and sledging by the girls.

Mitiamo proved to good in the finals against Serp and is of no surprise Wendy was asked to move on. The daughter couldnt hack the pace either asking for injury time continuously.

Mitiamo may struggle in the goals this year though, they have recruited some very strong defenders. One who won the league B and F in the very strong Heathcote Netball League.

Mitiamo may struggle in the goals this year though, they have recruited some very strong defenders. One who won the league B and F in the very strong Heathcote Netball League.

she didn't play for north bendigo did she? her name being bobby simpson? i could be wrong, but that's who i thought of when i read that!

Watch out for Serp in the early rounds boys they had done a good pre-season and could get off to a flyer.

OTM i think you will find serp always get off to a flyer but can never go on with it too many old legs too many young cocky boys and too many that go out on the piss on friday nights before games even during finals no depth if they get a few injuries so i think will struggle to even make the 5 will have to beat sides like Y.C.W- Newbridge- Pyramid Hill- Calivil and Mitiamo

OTM i think you will find serp always get off to a flyer but can never go on with it too many old legs too many young cocky boys and too many that go out on the piss on friday nights before games even during finals no depth if they get a few injuries so i think will struggle to even make the 5 will have to beat sides like Y.C.W- Newbridge- Pyramid Hill- Calivil and Mitiamo

Serp have nothing this year. I seen them train last week hardly any there and from what I seen the majority were 2's and what good ones they do have are out injured for the year.

P.S Does anyone know how the netball teams are looking? Any new faces?;)[/quote]

A strong squad like YCW will never lose their players they are a pretty close knit bunch.

Marong are trying to poach a few yet unsuccessully.

Serp have lost the majority of there younger stars from last year. Pretty much left are the mothers and locals. Still coachless

If PH keep there sides as they did last year they will very hard to beat.

Yes Wendy Ryan up to her usual tricks again and was asked to move on, the second LVFL club to ask her to leave. Her daughter and a few other netballers have left as well and Serp aren't looking too strong. After their implosion in the finals last year anyway it seems they can't hack the pace when it counts and are more worried about how they look and being immature than playing netball. Miti have recruited well, good numbers and strong players, Newbridge also about 40 turn up for pre-season, Inglewood also good numbers with popular new coach at the helm, apparently Marong struggling for numbers, actually heard YC didn't have that many so not sure about that?? Bridgy will probably struggle as usual and Pyramid Hill lost a few due to footy coach going back to Echuca and it being too far to travel for the Bendigo based girls, all in all shaping up for a strong season again. :)

Who is the footy coach heading back to Echuca?

Blinky Quote
"Inglewood also good numbers with popular new coach at the helm"

from what i've heard, she is in a pretty clicky group up there! there are a few girls who don't think they want to play because they wont get a game! I'wood have got a few local girls there who are good enough to play A Grade, but the coach doesn't seem to think so! Besides that they need at least another A Grade goaler and maybe defender!

Have heard that B'water have got a netball coach from Wedderburn way? Is anyone able to confirm?
Does anyone know who is coaching Calivil netball?

she didn't play for north bendigo did she? her name being bobby simpson? i could be wrong, but that's who i thought of when i read that!

No twins from Locky. Their Dad is coaching the footy Reserves at Miti this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blinky Quote

from what i've heard, she is in a pretty clicky group up there! there are a few girls who don't think they want to play because they wont get a game! I'wood have got a few local girls there who are good enough to play A Grade, but the coach doesn't seem to think so! Besides that they need at least another A Grade goaler and maybe defender!
quote]

You're obviously a player if you know all this and you seem quite unhappy with it all?? If people don't wanna play then don't play - simple. And with the username Woodies Girl sort of give yourself away as a "local girl" don't you matey???? Early days, all clubs - footy and netball at this time of the year should be supportive of their coach. Besides, what netball club anywhere isn't clicky and has ***** stirrers in the background dissing the coach because of their own personal agenda. Let the coach do her job or put your hand and back up your talk up instead of bitching anonomously in a public forum. Chicks eh ... who needs em?! :p Now lets get back to the footy fellas.

Has anyone heard how Marong and YC have recruited in footy this year?

How does every1 think the FOOTY ladder will end up at the end of the season? (sorry girls this is a footy website, butt i care really i do):p

Blinky Quote

Have heard that B'water have got a netball coach from Wedderburn way? Is anyone able to confirm?
Does anyone know who is coaching Calivil netball?

I only know what I hear at work from someone who is on the league committee and all i've heard is positive things about i'wood netball this year so she can't be doing too much wrong. they have had trouble in the past with others i know that. i remember about 5 years ago they had a reel good coach but have struggled since she fell out with someone at the club and left...
Here at YC we have lost a few so if you know of a few players interested in getting a game throw them our way. cheerz

You're obviously a player if you know all this and you seem quite unhappy with it all?? If people don't wanna play then don't play - simple. And with the username Woodies Girl sort of give yourself away as a "local girl" don't you matey???? Early days, all clubs - footy and netball at this time of the year should be supportive of their coach. Besides, what netball club anywhere isn't clicky and has ***** stirrers in the background dissing the coach because of their own personal agenda. Let the coach do her job or put your hand and back up your talk up instead of bitching anonomously in a public forum. Chicks eh ... who needs em?! Now lets get back to the footy fellas.

no i don't play for inglewood....my partners last name is wood! i just know 2 girls who played there last year and they aren't happy with a few of the coaches ideas! all i'll say is with the numbers that they have had apparently at training, they'd wanna pick the locals & those who played last year in the team first.

You're obviously a player if you know all this and you seem quite unhappy with it all?? If people don't wanna play then don't play - simple. And with the username Woodies Girl sort of give yourself away as a "local girl" don't you matey???? Early days, all clubs - footy and netball at this time of the year should be supportive of their coach. Besides, what netball club anywhere isn't clicky and has ***** stirrers in the background dissing the coach because of their own personal agenda. Let the coach do her job or put your hand and back up your talk up instead of bitching anonomously in a public forum. Chicks eh ... who needs em?! Now lets get back to the footy fellas.

no i don't play for inglewood....my partners last name is wood! i just know 2 girls who played there last year and they aren't happy with a few of the coaches ideas! all i'll say is with the numbers that they have had apparently at training, they'd wanna pick the locals & those who played last year in the team first.

Wood is your partner's last name is it? You wouldnt be a Miti girl would you that has a partner who plays Seniors for Mitiamo?

Would you happen to work at a school in the District?

Hi my name's Liz and I am actually the netball coach of Inglewood this year, wow some great reading on a Saturday about the supposed going ons at our club!!! :confused:

If you want to hear anything from the "horse's mouth" just PM me Woodies Girl and I'll let you know whats going on - I'd rather you get your facts straight than posting innuendo and trying to create controversy like you have on here.

If you are not at the club then its none of your business really, all our players know where they stand at the club because they've been to training and received club letters and they know the criteria when it comes to choosing teams. I've had no one tell me they're unhappy yet so I suggest you stick to talking about something you actually know your facts about instead of slagging off others and giving your unwanted opinion.

Footy clubs are just as clicky as netball clubs, pal! Guys just keep it hidden alot better. No one can say that they've never slagged off their coach as some stage whether it's to their face or not (I'm not saying it's the right thing to do as it's a tough job!) for being dragged, dropped to the 2's, etc. As all of us have heard plenty of noise coming from the interchange bench at times! I think it's good that the girls are taking interest in the goings on of footy life - God knows it's takes up plenty of our time, so Jock, don't be a Jock and bag out the girls for getting a little involved! And we do need the Gals - we need someone to bitch to if we've had a bad game or to fetch us an ice pack!

Has anyone heard how Marong and YC have recruited in footy this year?

How does every1 think the FOOTY ladder will end up at the end of the season? (sorry girls this is a footy website, butt i care really i do):p

Marong have recruited Charlie and Xavier Thompson from Harcourt, both are very very good players, charlie in the midfield and up forward and xavier of a back flank on in the middle.
Xav was best on in the 06 Grand final.

Hi my name's Liz and I am actually the netball coach of Inglewood this year, wow some great reading on a Saturday about the supposed going ons at our club!!! :confused:

If you want to hear anything from the "horse's mouth" just PM me Woodies Girl and I'll let you know whats going on - I'd rather you get your facts straight than posting innuendo and trying to create controversy like you have on here.

If you are not at the club then its none of your business really, all our players know where they stand at the club because they've been to training and received club letters and they know the criteria when it comes to choosing teams. I've had no one tell me they're unhappy yet so I suggest you stick to talking about something you actually know your facts about instead of slagging off others and giving your unwanted opinion.

sorry there liz, didn't mean to upset you. was just what i heard. i believe that i am allowed to give my opinion on here.....given that it is a forum!! hopefully no hard feelings :eek: mayb i'll just stick to the footy in here and stay away from the netball! sorry once again.

sorry there liz, didn't mean to upset you. was just what i heard. i believe that i am allowed to give my opinion on here.....given that it is a forum!! hopefully no hard feelings :eek: mayb i'll just stick to the footy in here and stay away from the netball! sorry once again.

Thanks Woodies Girl, you are certainly allowed to give your opinion, what I am saying is that you haven't been to our training and you tell me you aren't an Inglewood player so I'd be interested to know where you are getting your 'information' from to jump on a forum and post what we should and shouldn't be doing according to you. :confused: In your initial post you used pretty firm language so have a think about how that comes across, ie: "from what i've heard, she is in a pretty clicky group up there! there are a few girls who don't think they want to play because they wont get a game! I'wood have got a few local girls there who are good enough to play A Grade, but the coach doesn't seem to think so! Besides that they need at least another A Grade goaler and maybe defender! AND ... i just know 2 girls who played there last year and they aren't happy with a few of the coaches ideas! all i'll say is with the numbers that they have had apparently at training, they'd wanna pick the locals & those who played last year in the team first."

Tell me how do you know these things?? We have been having fantastic trainings and there's so much enthusiasm and positive feeling around the club we are so far ahead of where we were last year already so I'm not sure who the 2 so called unhappy players are you are talking but they certainly haven't let any of the senior netball coaches know of any issues they have despite having been given the chance.

Seeing you seem to know these 2 players tell them to talk to the coach instead of you would you?

Apology accepted. Sorry for the long post to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back