Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way your talking Frankenfurter sounds like Newbridge are already playing for second place. You say they are one dimensional going forward yet you have named 5 forwards who have all kicked over 200 goals for the year between them. (Shevlin 75 odd, Wills 45, Nixon 42, Mildren 30, Torpey 20 odd). You throw in the onballers of Comer, Baxter, Giri x 2, and Cam Grant there is a lot of fire power going forward. Shevlin missed 4-5 games through injury this year and they didn't drop one game including one against Mitiamo. Even that day they had out Wills, Shevlin and Lakey. Hardly a side that sounds one dimensional

Who besides Freemantle and maybe Scholtes if his head is in the game is capable of kicking a bag?

Who besides Freemantle and maybe Scholtes if his head is in the game is capable of kicking a bag?

This will be Calivil's biggest problem. I don't think they can kick enough goals to beat Newbridge. The only way they can win is to cut off supply to the Newbridge forwards. The midfield battle should be a ripper.

The way your talking Frankenfurter sounds like Newbridge are already playing for second place. You say they are one dimensional going forward yet you have named 5 forwards who have all kicked over 200 goals for the year between them. (Shevlin 75 odd, Wills 45, Nixon 42, Mildren 30, Torpey 20 odd). You throw in the onballers of Comer, Baxter, Giri x 2, and Cam Grant there is a lot of fire power going forward. Shevlin missed 4-5 games through injury this year and they didn't drop one game including one against Mitiamo. Even that day they had out Wills, Shevlin and Lakey. Hardly a side that sounds one dimensional

It's easy to look at the total goals a bloke has kicked for a year but you need to look a bit deeper than that.

Nixon has kicked goals against Marong, Inglewood, YCW and the other dud sides and goes missing against good sides, because he gets a good player rather than a young kid.

Torpy is a two's player at best, very selfish player which probably explains why he has kicked 20, if torpy and nixon are in the same side i can't see newbridge winning a flag, they are the same player forward pockets only.

Shevvy when he was 30kg lighter played at Wedderburn and kicked over a 100 goals three times i think, in the two grand finals that he played in i don't think he kicked more than 2 goals in either of them, had the yips and kicked a heap of points, fair to question whether he is a big game player.

Will Wills play in the seniors this week? Wrist not all that good, barney with the club last weekend, maybe he won't be there.

Mildren good player who is tough to match up with, capable of kicking three or four but not capable of winning the game off his own boot.

If it comes down to relying on Comer, Baxter and the two giri's and the on ballers kicking goals for Newbridge i think they could be in a bit of strife.

Calivil do though rely on their midfield to kick their goals, however the difference being they have set up a gameplan to do that whereas newbridge play a more traditional set up looking to hit up key targets across half forward and then either hit a mobile forward (Wills) or a more stationary target (Shevlin).

Calivil are taking a side that has won numerous flag into a second semi with a game plan that they know works and the players know what they have to do and when they have to do it.

Newbridge on the other hand rely on the brillance of some of their players to drag them into the contest and then hope on overall ability they are able to beat the side they are playing.

On ability Newbridge can't get beat however the game isn't won on ability alone.

All in all it's going to be a great contest this weekend

It's easy to look at the total goals a bloke has kicked for a year but you need to look a bit deeper than that.

Nixon has kicked goals against Marong, Inglewood, YCW and the other dud sides and goes missing against good sides, because he gets a good player rather than a young kid.

Torpy is a two's player at best, very selfish player which probably explains why he has kicked 20, if torpy and nixon are in the same side i can't see newbridge winning a flag, they are the same player forward pockets only.

Shevvy when he was 30kg lighter played at Wedderburn and kicked over a 100 goals three times i think, in the two grand finals that he played in i don't think he kicked more than 2 goals in either of them, had the yips and kicked a heap of points, fair to question whether he is a big game player.

Will Wills play in the seniors this week? Wrist not all that good, barney with the club last weekend, maybe he won't be there.

Mildren good player who is tough to match up with, capable of kicking three or four but not capable of winning the game off his own boot.

If it comes down to relying on Comer, Baxter and the two giri's and the on ballers kicking goals for Newbridge i think they could be in a bit of strife.

Calivil do though rely on their midfield to kick their goals, however the difference being they have set up a gameplan to do that whereas newbridge play a more traditional set up looking to hit up key targets across half forward and then either hit a mobile forward (Wills) or a more stationary target (Shevlin).

Calivil are taking a side that has won numerous flag into a second semi with a game plan that they know works and the players know what they have to do and when they have to do it.

Newbridge on the other hand rely on the brillance of some of their players to drag them into the contest and then hope on overall ability they are able to beat the side they are playing.

On ability Newbridge can't get beat however the game isn't won on ability alone.

All in all it's going to be a great contest this weekend

You must'nt have been able to get to Pyramid on Saturday then to watch a Calivil team kick only 4 goals up till half time on what a clear sunny day. They went wide more often than not searching for a target that they lack across half forward and inside 50. Doesn't sound like a solid game plan to me. They should benefit from including Allen, Rogers and Richards back in the 1's this week though.

The so called "barney" that happened with Wills was he decided he was going up the river on the weekend instead of footy training on Saturday morning. No big problem there but it was just pointed out that he hadn't played for a while.

Can't judge Shevvy until Saturday though. At least when he plays he provides a target that Nixon, Torpey, Baxter and the Giri's can get around to crumb. Unfortunatly Calival don't have that target. They have to rely on the ability of Freemantle to get free and he hasn't kicked any more than 2 goals against Newbridge this year. While Maxted x 2 and Demeo x 2 would be the starting on ballers in any side in this competition can they push forward enough to get the score on the board?

Would be surprised if this game turns out better than the Grand Final

I think that he should get the 3 votes just for giving it to one of the pyramid filth. Lets face it they're scum and it's all they deserve. They're the biggest snippers in the league, they're supporters are ferals, and they're town stinks. Boot them from the league!

Pyramid Filth? I ask you are you no the one saying that comer should get 3 votes for smashing someone? Is that not a sniper thing to say? Newbridge are the dirtiest team in the league, I detest every match we play against them, because not only is their senior crowd feral, its right down in their juniors. There U17's football boys are the worst I have ever seen, when your 16 or 17 trying to belt up or take out 11 year olds is not on! I was disgraced by their efforts, they are ruining junior football for the whole league.

well last years grandfinal was at miti there seem to be a fair crowd there whats another ten minutes up the road .How many people do u think they cramp into serp for the grandfinal this year been such a small ground?:confused:

Whats the difference between Pyramid Hill and any other ground in the league? I would rather go there than Newbridge any other day.

shows how long since u hav been there c o ck su cker... they have a whole new hot water sistem, a couple of new fires in the main previllian and the toilets mate are joined on to the back of the main previllian so maybe before ya go bagging them out ya head up there and hav a look:D

I happen to believe also that Pyramid Hill has the best ground in the league. It is the only ground which is maintained all year long. Also I think you will find that the toilet out the back has not been used since before I was born, as I can never remember actually using those toilets. As for the opposition showers I cannot comment. Facilities wise, I would say with the exception of Mitiamo’s new shed rooms that Pyramid have the best facilities in the League. I also think you’ll find that they have the best pies around as well. Also the old toilets which I do consider are no longer used, aren’t that far out the back, but I suppose for some people 40m is a fair hike! So I’m guessing that either you haven’t really been to Pyramid Hill this year, or otherwise you’re just incredibly lazy and vision impaired. How can Pyramid Hill be the most depressing trip in the LVFL? It frustrates me that twits like yourself, don’t realize that your traveling on pretty much the same road to Calivil & Miti, and you have exactly the same sights. As for the crap pub, I think it goes damn well once again compared to Calivil & Mitiamo where there isn’t one at all. Serp which has only just started up. And you can’t possibly tell me that YCW actually socialize enough to even have a ‘Club’ Pub. Finally I think it is very shallow of you to bring the burnt down roadhouse into it, seen as a local family is suffering because of it. And as for the others who say that you have to sit too far back from the ground, I think its excellent especially when you get terrible supporters for example this year at Newbridge against Pyramid Hill, Newbridge supporters were completely disgusting not only on the field but off the field as well, the poor umpires the Newbridge supporters were right in their ears constantly.

The pub goes ok? compared to what? The burnt down roadhouse? Get over yourself it's the @rse end of the universe. the whole point of what everyone is saying is the facilities aren't as good as some make them out.

Will be an interesting re-match next week Bridgey v Pyramid Hill. Will Bridgey get a few back or has Pyramid got em covered

Ok I think that bringing the burnt down road house into this is appauling. A family is suffering because of it and your using it as a cheap shot comment? Obviously you've never been to the pub, or when you walked into the pub that they realised where you belong and sent you out straight away, because they wouldn't want someone of such low calibre in their pub.

Are you serious Omar? Having Peter Bird going mad in the first half and belting every Calivil bloke in sight wasn't really good for the contest and thankfully the umpires sent him off. Glenn Schultz was in la la land after copping one in the first quarter.

I wonder why Peter Bird went mad in the first half? Calivil targeted him from the word go. Targeting someone because of their lack of mental stability is not something a worthy club should be proud of. Not to mention he would have been aggravated as you should be if one of your best players jaw had purposely been broken. Whats the difference between Peter Bird hurting someone, and Glenn Richards purposely setting out to hurt someone?

Pyramid Filth? I ask you are you no the one saying that comer should get 3 votes for smashing someone? Is that not a sniper thing to say? Newbridge are the dirtiest team in the league, I detest every match we play against them, because not only is their senior crowd feral, its right down in their juniors. There U17's football boys are the worst I have ever seen, when your 16 or 17 trying to belt up or take out 11 year olds is not on! I was disgraced by their efforts, they are ruining junior football for the whole league.

Seriously Azol, get over it! The state of the lovely facilities and ground at Pyramid Hill was done and dusted a week ago mate.

1 succinct post would have done the trick, not 5 rubbish ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Azol, don't bother with commenting on the stacking of the Serp two's. That topic is done with as well.

How about you enlighten us with something new.

Hows the marong ground looking for the weekend's action Hellboy???

I haven't seen it since Saturday Gerta.

There's been a fair bit of water go on it this week with plenty to be dumped on the goal squares and centre on Friday and Saturday.

Should definitely be in better nick than it has been. I'll keep you posted.

There's been a fair bit of water go on it this week with plenty to be dumped on the goal squares and centre on Friday and Saturday.

Thats good, a bit of water, some warm conditions and sunshine and it should be looking a treat :)

Any news on the Marong coach??

Also heard that a Loddon Valley Football club has been speaking to one Rick Andrews... Anyone got any goss on that???

Thats good, a bit of water, some warm conditions and sunshine and it should be looking a treat :)

Any news on the Marong coach??

Also heard that a Loddon Valley Football club has been speaking to one Rick Andrews... Anyone got any goss on that???

Go back a couple of pages Gerta, Brett Rogers has been appointed for next season.

At least there is locals in their team, look at Calivils U17s side

Yeah you are right in Calivil's U/17's there is only 7 local kids playin but lets see in Serp's 2's side there is all of........ WOW a whopping 5 locals.
And if you really wanna compare the 2 clubs in the last home and away round both clubs played, Serp had 5 locals in the 1's, 6 in the 2's and 7 in the 3rd's, where as Calivil had 14 in the 1's, 11 in the 2's and 7 in the 3rd's so sorry sunshine maybe you should think before you type:thumbsdown:

Went past the Marong ground on the way to work and the sprinklers were in operation :)

Issue was over weeks ago buddy, but I've still got no sympathy. If you dish it out you've got to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back