Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
YCW insiders say that Webb is the man to coach next year. Problem is he doesn't like it there. Webb to mounts, Kingdon and alford back to North and Chopper off to White Hills.

YCW insiders say that Webb is the man to coach next year. Problem is he doesn't like it there. Webb to mounts, Kingdon and alford back to North and Chopper off to White Hills.

i think all these boys will be heading back to north including webb and loring

there has to be something in the food at newbridge come finals time, keeps getting stuck, some big injuries to, along with there 39 point loss, not good, when your 5 goals up at 1/4 time, good on calivil :thumbsu:, looking back on some earlier post did'nt newbridge have it in the bag, as was said boys finals are'nt in june, newbridge in stright sets again i think

I knew Calivil was going to win. They just know how. Pretty much came down to better use of the ball. Newbridge turned it over far to much. They looked to have more ineffective kicks then effective. Missed some pretty easy goals in the first and third quarter with the breeze. Torpey missed two sitters and others were just as bad. Newbridge kicked 5-8 in the first but it should have been 8-5. Only have themselves to blame.

was a great win by Calivil, disappointing injuries for Newbridge again today, it appeared they weren't fit enough or couldn't run the game out. Blokes were cramping in the second quarter.

If i were newbridge i would hate to have to face up to Pyramid Hill next week.

Yeah there did seem to be a lot of cramp evident from the Newbridge boys and yeah the injuries were telling. However maybe the week off is what hurt the most.

was a great win by Calivil, disappointing injuries for Newbridge again today, it appeared they weren't fit enough or couldn't run the game out. Blokes were cramping in the second quarter.

If i were newbridge i would hate to have to face up to Pyramid Hill next week.

I don't care what anyone says Calivil was the better side they know how to win when it counts. As for Newbridge we can all only hope both their 1's and 2's get knocked out in straight sets!

does anyone know how chris lakey ended up concussed an carried off on stretcher within first minute yesterday? doesnt sound like just a coincidence? also heard there was some reports out of the calivil newbridge games, likely suspensions or were the incidents minor?

I turned up just as Lakey was being carried off so I have no idea. As for other incidents there were none that I saw. A clean match and no reports as far as I can see.

does anyone know how chris lakey ended up concussed an carried off on stretcher within first minute yesterday? doesnt sound like just a coincidence? also heard there was some reports out of the calivil newbridge games, likely suspensions or were the incidents minor?

Wasn't dirty suprisenly:rolleyes:... he just got a fair big bump while he was of balanced and hit his head on the hard bridgy ground.... yeah there was a report in the 2's with glen richards doing what he did in last years grand final, taking a guys head of with his elbow.... hes a dirty prick and deserves to miss out on playing in the grand final this year....
Pyramid hill were disappointing today... i think with all the injuries that they got especially with matt chilcott going down mid way of the second quarter... things just seemed to go down hill from there...

I noticed that Marong advertised for there 1sts and 2nds coach in the Addy on the weekend...so i took the time to chat to my old mate 'Freddo' aka Brett Rogers today. From the frogs mouth, "I am coaching Marong next year", oggle oggle a good looking blonde walking by, "No my brother Matt is not coaching the 2nds" end of quote.
He says he has heaps he wants to do out their and heaps of new recruits to chase, but looked like he was chasing a fair bit of skirt from YCW today.

I heard today that Andy Grant is keen to coach YC??? Apparently doesnt care if he coaches against his old man. Interesting that Steve Cox is planning on stealing a 2's flag for Serp, as he might be the new coach of huntly for 2008!!! Talk is its him or Buster Alf.

I would have thought Andy would have the Elmore job stitched up.

Steve Cox would not be a step in the right direction for Huntly.

YEP, Andy would go OK as a coach.
But first of all there has to be a vacancy.
Has Bluey Southcombe decided to step down at Elmore ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone give Miti a snowflakes chance in hell against Newbridge?

Given that no one gave them any hope against Pyramid and they won convincingly, they must be a chance.

Calivil were just too good. Bourke and Lakey were key losses, but the coaching staff didn't take a spare ruckman into the game, and left noted finals performer Dean Gordon in the twos.

I would also wonder whether the players had headaches after reading the 50 pages of paper stuck on the wall in the Newbridge rooms...What the hell was that about???

I would also be worried about the fact Shevy can't get the ball unless it is pin-pointed on his head, so a swirly breeze ends his use.

Newbridge just stopped in the twos. Had it sewn up but Calivil just kept on going, as they do. Newbridge had a fair few players down on form, and will need to do some re-grouping against Serp seniors this week at Inglewood. Perhaps give McIntosh a set of balls.

Steve Cox would be an interesting choice for HFC. Has played finals and won B&F's, but still likes a bit of a tipple last I heard. ;)

I noticed that Marong advertised for there 1sts and 2nds coach in the Addy on the weekend...so i took the time to chat to my old mate 'Freddo' aka Brett Rogers today. From the frogs mouth, "I am coaching Marong next year", oggle oggle a good looking blonde walking by, "No my brother Matt is not coaching the 2nds" end of quote.
He says he has heaps he wants to do out their and heaps of new recruits to chase, but looked like he was chasing a fair bit of skirt from YCW today.
Disapointing to hear the rojo double isnt happeining, who will freddo bring as new players to the pathers den that havent already pulled on panther gurnsey?
Im sure the new recruits will be happy with freddo and his approach to warm ups for training

apparently his old man has a few recruits lined up, a couple of red hot brothers from over Arrarat way, he mentioned their names but they didnt ring a bell. Also a couple of players from up Cohuna way...not sure what key positions but according to Freddo they will fill what has been lacking at Marong. I think he will do well as long as he has the right person pulling the moves of the bench...someone mentioned Murph... but Freddo says he's out of the loop...much happy as a spectator. So who is going to be his eyes off the field while he is playing???

apparently his old man has a few recruits lined up, a couple of red hot brothers from over Arrarat way, he mentioned their names but they didnt ring a bell. Also a couple of players from up Cohuna way...not sure what key positions but according to Freddo they will fill what has been lacking at Marong. I think he will do well as long as he has the right person pulling the moves of the bench...someone mentioned Murph... but Freddo says he's out of the loop...much happy as a spectator. So who is going to be his eyes off the field while he is playing???

Craig and Ash Cooper perhaps? Maybe time for Murray Werne to step up as assistant coach.

YEP, Andy would go OK as a coach.
But first of all there has to be a vacancy.
Has Bluey Southcombe decided to step down at Elmore ??

Not sure Jock. I'd heard that Andy was being groomed to take over from Bluey when he finishes up. Couldn't say with any certainty when that may be.

I didnt know brendan Mannix had a brother, as he certainly is red and from ararat, perhaps freddo should try lure richie murray back as he is from cohuna regon (kerang) and he moves well he is what marong has beeen lacking for the senior players to take note of the way he leads.
Murray Wearne certainly has the footy smarts to been thrown into the coaching circles although im sure he will just be keen to concentrate on his own game. I hear Glen 'starsky' Hutchinson is back in town and keen to be panther again. Rick Hasite is an encylopedia of knowledge im sure he would put his hand up to be freddos eyes or perhaps one out of left field Bruce Nelson to come back and be the wise head from the pine

Well the footy was fantastic last weekend, unfortunately the state of both grounds to host the games left a little bit to be desired. There is no doubt both Bridgey and Marong had a crack at getting the grounds into reasonable shape but unfortunately they were hard as a rock both of them, marong had a tinge of grass but was like a road and Bridgey much the same.

The worst thing about it, is that Inglewood is in worse shape than both of them. I feel for both Newbridge and Mitiamo to have to back up after last weekend and play on road and then be expected to face up to an inform Calivil at Serp.

Starting to look a lot like a clean sweep in the footy to Calivil, young Matt Smith was best on again and looks to have a future at a much higher standard than LVFL.

Early predictions for this week and for the Frank Harding medal?

I'll take Newbridge to rebound and Comer to get the most votes but a David Morriesy win in the league count.

Early predictions for this week and for the Frank Harding medal?

I'll take Newbridge to rebound and Comer to get the most votes but a David Morriesy win in the league count.

What was the red card for Frank?

Newbridge will be too good for Mitiamo. I'd have my money on Dave Morrissey for the medal.

i was unlucky, somewhere in a post i mentioned the name of the club (by complete accident) at the centre of the drug scandal. Copped a week, which was killing me.

Wasn't dirty suprisenly:rolleyes:... he just got a fair big bump while he was of balanced and hit his head on the hard bridgy ground.... yeah there was a report in the 2's with glen richards doing what he did in last years grand final, taking a guys head of with his elbow.... hes a dirty prick and deserves to miss out on playing in the grand final this year....
Pyramid hill were disappointing today... i think with all the injuries that they got especially with matt chilcott going down mid way of the second quarter... things just seemed to go down hill from there...

About the Glen Richards repeat elbow job on an oposition player [if as reported ], he should get a wacking big fine ,say $1000.00 for a broken or fractured jaw plus a season OUT .

Lets get rid of this garbage .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back