Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many kids do you think acually live in Calivil? I'm sure that there's not any kids who want to play missing out on a game. Good on them for being able to field a side.

Im with you on this Joe. The under 17's competition in not just our league but in Heathcote as well is seriously under the pump. With most of the young fella's going to school in between 5 secondary schools the pressure is put put on by mates to play with mates. You only have to look at the BJFL and there seem to be 5 new teams every year.

Serp haven't played a full side for 3 years now, Newbridge played with 18 on the weekend in a final, Inglewood have been lucky to field a side at all but good on them for not letting anyone down and playing all year. Even if it meant "borrowing" players from the opposition.

The issue shouldn't be how many locals are playing in the side but how many kids are playing at all

How many kids do you think acually live in Calivil? I'm sure that there's not any kids who want to play missing out on a game. Good on them for being able to field a side.

Im with you on this Joe. The under 17's competition in not just our league but in Heathcote as well is seriously under the pump. With most of the young fella's going to school in between 5 secondary schools the pressure is put put on by mates to play with mates. You only have to look at the BJFL and there seem to be 5 new teams every year.

Serp haven't played a full side for 3 years now, Newbridge played with 18 on the weekend in a final, Inglewood have been lucky to field a side at all but good on them for not letting anyone down and playing all year. Even if it meant "borrowing" players from the opposition.

The issue shouldn't be how many locals are playing in the side but how many kids are playing at all

Excellent post that one... Will be a massive issue in the coming future....

Thats good, a bit of water, some warm conditions and sunshine and it should be looking a treat :)

Any news on the Marong coach??

Also heard that a Loddon Valley Football club has been speaking to one Rick Andrews... Anyone got any goss on that???

Have they removed the gravel from the goal squares yet:D:D:D.... Rick Andrews hey... NCFL b&f winner last year and runner up this year by 3 votes i hear... if they did pick him up would be a great recruit.....

Speaking of the Calival 17s, how are the two dennis boys going?

Young anthony goes pretty good... matt holds his position and gets his job done but isn't what u would call staring... League B&F is coming up in a week and abit so who does everyone suspect to win....

Seniors:
Reserves:
Under 17's:

Have they removed the gravel from the goal squares yet:D:D:D.... Rick Andrews hey... NCFL b&f winner last year and runner up this year by 3 votes i hear... if they did pick him up would be a great recruit.....
anyone got the goss on YCW new coach, i heard they are holding onto the
D-mac as a player, and for the 5 goals he gives them most games. Anyone heard anything on this????

Yeah you are right in Calivil's U/17's there is only 7 local kids playin but lets see in Serp's 2's side there is all of........ WOW a whopping 5 locals.
And if you really wanna compare the 2 clubs in the last home and away round both clubs played, Serp had 5 locals in the 1's, 6 in the 2's and 7 in the 3rd's, where as Calivil had 14 in the 1's, 11 in the 2's and 7 in the 3rd's so sorry sunshine maybe you should think before you type:thumbsdown:

I'm not from Serp? But good on them. They are a respectable club, however I agree you must give Calivil credit for their locals in their Seniors and Reserves thats an excellent effort.

The goal squares will definitely be cleaned up before Sunday. Not an easy or enjoyable task.

D-mac as a player, and for the 5 goals he gives them most games. Anyone heard anything on this????

D-mac told ycw that he wanted to do the job again but committee told him they were advertising the job. He said that he would put in for it but then thought if nobody applied they would come back to him and he was not going to be nobody's fall back, so he told ycw that was not interested in doing the job and also told them he would not play there next year!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard alot was on the move from yc, and they are looking inside there club for the coach, doubt it if dmac stays

D-mac told ycw that he wanted to do the job again but committee told him they were advertising the job. He said that he would put in for it but then thought if nobody applied they would come back to him and he was not going to be nobody's fall back, so he told ycw that was not interested in doing the job and also told them he would not play there next year!!!

you there again bobbill, what about your other close mates,

Ant is a champion player, we played them few wweks ago, and news came out that he broke his arm from our game? Any news on that?

Ah i don't think that is true, because we played them 3 or so weeks ago and he got best on. And I saw him yesterday and there wasnt anything wrong with him.

Ah i don't think that is true, because we played them 3 or so weeks ago and he got best on. And I saw him yesterday and there wasnt anything wrong with him.

obviously just a fracture must of came from it then, because he got carried off the ground late in the quarter in our match, bout 4 weeks ago

obviously just a fracture must of came from it then, because he got carried off the ground late in the quarter in our match, bout 4 weeks ago

Oh ok, well it musnt have been very serious then?? I dunno, because yesterday he was marking the footy with us, and the match against our boys he played awsome, which was only a few weeks ok.

I heard today that Andy Grant is keen to coach YC??? Apparently doesnt care if he coaches against his old man. Interesting that Steve Cox is planning on stealing a 2's flag for Serp, as he might be the new coach of huntly for 2008!!! Talk is its him or Buster Alf.

Heard that Webb will be going back to Mount Pleasant. Insiders at YCW say that Webb is the man for the coaching job next year. Problem is he doesn't like it there and his close mates are the same. Kingdom and alford back to North and Webb to Mounts. Club also unhappy with Loring and expect him to be looking for greener pastures next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back