Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not endorsing what Glen Richards did last saturday but you see worse than that most weeks. He deserves a couple of weeks for his brain explosion though.

Well the footy was fantastic last weekend, unfortunately the state of both grounds to host the games left a little bit to be desired. There is no doubt both Bridgey and Marong had a crack at getting the grounds into reasonable shape but unfortunately they were hard as a rock both of them, marong had a tinge of grass but was like a road and Bridgey much the same.

The worst thing about it, is that Inglewood is in worse shape than both of them. I feel for both Newbridge and Mitiamo to have to back up after last weekend and play on road and then be expected to face up to an inform Calivil at Serp.

Starting to look a lot like a clean sweep in the footy to Calivil, young Matt Smith was best on again and looks to have a future at a much higher standard than LVFL.

Early predictions for this week and for the Frank Harding medal?

I'll take Newbridge to rebound and Comer to get the most votes but a David Morriesy win in the league count.

Looks like there has been plenty of water going on the ground in the past 24 hours at Inglewood and another water tanker parked at the ground this morning... Although have they left there run a bit late??

Looks like there has been plenty of water going on the ground in the past 24 hours at Inglewood and another water tanker parked at the ground this morning... Although have they left there run a bit late??

Better late than never. I wonder if this has this been organised and funded by the league or by the club.
Lets just hope it doesn't create some soggy parts of the ground. Consistency all over the ground is better than patches of green next to dust. I know a few players who have done knees on grounds like that, including me.

Better late than never. I wonder if this has this been organised and funded by the league or by the club.
Lets just hope it doesn't create some soggy parts of the ground. Consistency all over the ground is better than patches of green next to dust. I know a few players who have done knees on grounds like that, including me.

Wouldn't be surprised if even the local shire were involved in some way... but yes, hopefully they pump the ground full of water and actually have it soft for saturday...

There was a heap of water put on the ground at Marong in the week leading up to last Sunday and it was still very hard. They might have left it a bit late but I don't think there would have been much that could have been done earlier anyway.

WAY WAY WAY too late i reckon. Couple the rock hard surface with the kids sand pit in the middle (soft sand that is dangerous) plus the ditch that stretches across the ground and has been covered in rocks and we've got a dangerous situation on our hands.

Good on them for having a crack at getting it up to speed, here is hoping all grades of footy can get through without incident.

I didnt know brendan Mannix had a brother, as he certainly is red and from ararat, perhaps freddo should try lure richie murray back as he is from cohuna regon (kerang) and he moves well he is what marong has beeen lacking for the senior players to take note of the way he leads.
Murray Wearne certainly has the footy smarts to been thrown into the coaching circles although im sure he will just be keen to concentrate on his own game. I hear Glen 'starsky' Hutchinson is back in town and keen to be panther again. Rick Hasite is an encylopedia of knowledge im sure he would put his hand up to be freddos eyes or perhaps one out of left field Bruce Nelson to come back and be the wise head from the pine

Bruce Nelson is one of the most inspirational coaches you're likely to hear. His inovative thinking is Sheedy like (Sunday morning training that started at the pub). He also springs for some grog at the season which is nice. As for Hutchinson, needs to learn how to blind turn without getting K.O.'d.

Well the footy was fantastic last weekend, unfortunately the state of both grounds to host the games left a little bit to be desired. There is no doubt both Bridgey and Marong had a crack at getting the grounds into reasonable shape but unfortunately they were hard as a rock both of them, marong had a tinge of grass but was like a road and Bridgey much the same.

The worst thing about it, is that Inglewood is in worse shape than both of them. I feel for both Newbridge and Mitiamo to have to back up after last weekend and play on road and then be expected to face up to an inform Calivil at Serp.

Starting to look a lot like a clean sweep in the footy to Calivil, young Matt Smith was best on again and looks to have a future at a much higher standard than LVFL.

Early predictions for this week and for the Frank Harding medal?

I'll take Newbridge to rebound and Comer to get the most votes but a David Morriesy win in the league count.

Maybe, however under performers at Newbridge have to lift. Like the Grants. Ash Grant especially has to seek the ball and stop sheep dogging it.

Maybe, however under performers at Newbridge have to lift. Like the Grants. Ash Grant especially has to seek the ball and stop sheep dogging it.

i honestly can't see newbridge winning this week... i think they have a few cockey d ickheads to win this week... serp seniors should win comfortably in the 2's and YCW to get back on the winners board in the juniors.... David Morrissey to win the Harding medal and younge scott mann to win the juniors b&f...

i also had a chat to rick Andrews on yesterday and said theres no chance of him leaing charlton next year... a little bit disapointing because he would have been a great player to have in our league...

Andrew Grant is definetly the coach of Elmore next year, bluey southcombe moving over for him. Looks like Webby might be YCW's next coach!!!
Heard lard ass Lawring is leaving YC as well, not sure about D-mac, as his wife is an important and popular member of the A grade netball. Word has it that the ladies from YC wont be letting her leave easily.

Dan Burke has broken, a bone in his foot, thinks he is still playing, but his family tell me he wont be. Other Burke brother is carrying an injury too, but is set to play.

Andrew Grant is definetly the coach of Elmore next year, bluey southcombe moving over for him. Looks like Webby might be YCW's next coach!!!
Heard lard ass Lawring is leaving YC as well, not sure about D-mac, as his wife is an important and popular member of the A grade netball. Word has it that the ladies from YC wont be letting her leave easily.

Dan Burke has broken, a bone in his foot, thinks he is still playing, but his family tell me he wont be. Other Burke brother is carrying an injury too, but is set to play.

Young citychick, I think we should start calling you Caroline Wilson as your information or sources are so far off the mark. I don't know who keep's giving you the Yc information!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i honestly can't see newbridge winning this week... i think they have a few cockey d ickheads to win this week... serp seniors should win comfortably in the 2's and YCW to get back on the winners board in the juniors.... David Morrissey to win the Harding medal and younge scott mann to win the juniors b&f...

i also had a chat to rick Andrews on yesterday and said theres no chance of him leaing charlton next year... a little bit disapointing because he would have been a great player to have in our league

Another excellent and inciteful comment from you again Sk. While not following Newbridge myself I would hardly consider it a reason for Mitiamo winning.

Why don't you give us a run down what went wrong with your mob's insipid display at Marong on Saturday? For someone that has been spruiking off since they snuck into the five I wouldn't be throwing too many shots

Young citychick, I think we should start calling you Caroline Wilson as your information or sources are so far off the mark. I don't know who keep's giving you the Yc information!!!

I can assure you youngcitychick's previous post about Marong's recruiting for next season is also well of the mark.

And just who are you? I think you will change your mind about me when you see the show I have planned for tomorrow. It's go time.

will webby coach, looking at the following on sunday of the 2's (snr 's) has a long way to go to make the club a bit tighter, big task, if he doe's all the best, might have to drag a few mounts boys over, as ask before, where you playing next year.

And just who are you? I think you will change your mind about me when you see the show I have planned for tomorrow. It's go time.

that go time would want to be before half time, cause i watched you last week when they lifted you started walking, i think miti will have your measure, see ya on the fence next week watching, will be the same as last year:D

that go time would want to be before half time, cause i watched you last week when they lifted you started walking, i think miti will have your measure, see ya on the fence next week watching, will be the same as last year:D

Newbridge would have to not play at all for Mitiamo to beat them. Calivil and Newbridge are streets ahead of the other teams.

could we be so lucky as to hope that the three newbridge football sides lose (the thirds will lose, the seconds are playing a senior side in Serp, the seniors should win) and all the netball sides lose as well and the boys and girls from riverside end the year without a flag.

Good to see Newbridge think LVFL supporters are morons with the side they had in the addy today, Damian Hughes named twice, Bourke, Wills and Torpey named.

last i heard McCormick had retired, apparently one of his legs are stuffed. Probably doesn't help that he has whacked on about 10 kgs since he kicked the ton for YCW last year too many hot dogs before the game or he has been talking to Shevvy on how best to treat your body like a temple.

Well Bobbill who is coaching the Eagles seniours next year, you sound like you have got your finger in the pie. Who's coaching them, put up or shut up!!!:p

My sources are on the money, I would rather you refer to me as Hutchie cos you are going to read the exclusives here before anyone else. Nice of you to go the easy option and refer to me as Caro.

Good to see Newbridge think LVFL supporters are morons with the side they had in the addy today, Damian Hughes named twice, Bourke, Wills and Torpey named.[/quote]

Dan Bourke cant be playing his sister told me his foot is stuffed.

could we be so lucky as to hope that the three newbridge football sides lose (the thirds will lose, the seconds are playing a senior side in Serp, the seniors should win) and all the netball sides lose as well and the boys and girls from riverside end the year without a flag.

Good to see Newbridge think LVFL supporters are morons with the side they had in the addy today, Damian Hughes named twice, Bourke, Wills and Torpey named.
what did fathead torpey end up getting in the end:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back