Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did McLean get the flick form or injury? No thought to putting Nixon back in the side?

The side is the actual side that will take the field.

Nixon??? You have to be joking mate. How he got a game in the first place has me buggered. Might have had a big reputation coming from the Flat, but he hasn't performed against decent opposition, and couldn't get a kick last week in the 2's. Far, FAR too soft.

McLean isn't injured as far as I know.

Couldn't edit my last post, but the coach of Newbridge has a habit of dropping blokes for GF's. He did it last time and they fell across the line so perhaps he is going for it again.

geezus that a massive call, McLean has been a pretty consistent footballer for newbridge the past two years, so seems a pretty harsh call. Surely he is ahead of G.Bourke, Hughes, Torpey?

Your right about nixon, but i reckon he is a bigger chance of having an impact on the game than Torps. They are both the same sort of player (forward pocket only), but realistically the game isn't going to be won with the selection of either of them.

Harsh calls were always going to be made come grand final time. Unfortunate for some, fortunate for others. Just hope the players do the right thing by the boys who missed out.

In regards to Bourkey and Hughes, the backline has been pretty solid over the last half of the season (With the exception on the 2nd semi).
Just have to wait and see how things pan out.

Harsh calls were always going to be made come grand final time. Unfortunate for some, fortunate for others. Just hope the players do the right thing by the boys who missed out.

In regards to Bourkey and Hughes, the backline has been pretty solid over the last half of the season (With the exception on the 2nd semi).
Just have to wait and see how things pan out.

that's the problem that faces newbridge tomorrow, the backline didn't work in the second semi and it was painfully obvious that was the major problem for newbridge. Realistically the second half of the year means a pinch of $hit tomorrow, you would have to pick your side on the second semi and in that game Hughes and Bourke didn't have match ups that were suitable as they were either too slow or not strong enough to match up their opposition. I assume Hughes will go to Brad Allen who was good in the 2nd semi, bourke will get an easier assignment with Lakey playing but still to drop a consistent half back flanker with a penetrating kick who can play on the ball is a massive call and reeks of a coach and selection panel who are clutching at straws. Holiday is a good footballer who is hard at the pill, but surely fitness is going to be an issue, newbridge got wiped big time in the fitness stakes last time and have decided to roll the dice on a bloke who has played 2 maybe 3 games in the last 12 weeks.

Selections at this time of year when a club has had players coming and going for various reasons is always hard. I'm a Torpey fan and think he should play. Should have kicked 5 in the first final. He has pressence about him and draws the ball. Very good footy brain. The two that missed out are damn unlucky.

Selections at this time of year when a club has had players coming and going for various reasons is always hard. I'm a Torpey fan and think he should play. Should have kicked 5 in the first final. He has pressence about him and draws the ball. Very good footy brain. The two that missed out are damn unlucky.

there is no doubt selection for a grand final is tough work, i just reckon they are ballsy selections from newbridge. Could pay off could blow up in their faces, there is no second chances, so they would want to be right.

what did you think of the coverage in the addy today? good article about Calivil and not a bad preview.

With Wicks only getting 3 weeks and Newbridge not being allowed to use the news coverage as evidence can someone explain to me why Pyramid were allowed to take grand final footage to the league to get Glen Richards rubbed out? I can guarantee you right now if the umpires watched the whole video there would have been more than him getting done.

I was in Bendigo staying at relations when i saw the footage of Wicks hitting an Newbrige player i live in Melb follow a side in the NFL which was once called the Diamond Valley FL, Out of interest i followed the quote to see how many weeks he would receive i could not believe he was only given 3 weeks if this same incident happen in the DVFL there would be no doubt he would be looking at 6 weeks even more if the tribunal had footage of the incident,and believe me with the tribunal taking a hard approach it has cleaned up the DVFL from these sort of incidents

I was in Bendigo staying at relations when i saw the footage of Wicks hitting an Newbrige player i live in Melb follow a side in the NFL which was once called the Diamond Valley FL, Out of interest i followed the quote to see how many weeks he would receive i could not believe he was only given 3 weeks if this same incident happen in the DVFL there would be no doubt he would be looking at 6 weeks even more if the tribunal had footage of the incident,and believe me with the tribunal taking a hard approach it has cleaned up the DVFL from these sort of incidents

I must admit after watching the footage the other night, i thought that he was quite lucky to only get 3 weeks.

3 weeks was a joke, considering the damage to Ash Grants face also. Broken nose, had to go off for blood rule 3 times. if u only get 3 for blatantly kinghitting someone hate to see what it takes to get 6 weeks. spose it must help that wicksy boofs the umpires up the...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what did you think of the coverage in the addy today? good article about Calivil and not a bad preview.

Yeah good article. They've been quite good in their support over the past weeks of the LV finals. I just hope that Freshh don't balls up the radio coverage again.:p

As for Wicks getting 3. I actually spoke to someone who went to the hearing. He said the prosecuter who is their on behalf of the umpires and you would think Ash Grant asked Ash some rather bizarre questions. Like "....so you were ok to play on?" and "It can't have been that bad if you returned to the ground" etc. I mean come on what a joke. Any player playing a final will try and play on. Never mind the fact that his nose is now broken and dis figured (I saw him today) or the fact that he still can't remember the incident or the anything from the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the game. Three weeks is a joke and no-one but Wicks is laughing.

Speaking to a reliable source last weekend I hear that Pyramid Hill will be losing a few players next year.......

People not happy with Birchmore and the way he operated.....

Birhmore obviously needs to go, otherwise the Hill will be sitting down with the wood of the comp for the next few years.

Don't think they fought hard enough in keeping Wilkinson......ended up playing ruck in a losing grand final for Strathmore in the Essendon District League which has always had a high standard of footy.

I heard the funniest thing yesterday at the Granny, Serpentine two's had t-shirts printed up with "premiers 2007" on them. They might need to add a "not" after it. Congratulations to Calivil, what a mighty effort, all 3 footy teams. When was the last time this happened?

I heard the funniest thing yesterday at the Granny, Serpentine two's had t-shirts printed up with "premiers 2007" on them. They might need to add a "not" after it. Congratulations to Calivil, what a mighty effort, all 3 footy teams. When was the last time this happened?

Calivil also did it in 2003

It was great for footy that Serp didnt win by stacking their twos side.

good results all round from last weekend, a fantastic achievment to win all three grades of football and more pleasing were the games were all of a good standard.

If that is true about Serp, that's pretty ordinary.

Nar i don't think that would be right. I can't say that i saw any Serp 07 T-shirts.

Mind you i used to have a Geelong Premiers 92 T-shirt... Best 50 cents i ever spent.

This is from the thread for the Heathcote league,

"Heard a rumour yesterday at the league vote count that Damien Webb has been signed to coach Nth Bendigo next year. Apparently he has already been active on the recruiting front and has got 4 - 5 coming with him from YCW and maybe a couple from Mounts",

can anyone confirm if this is correct??? Who are the 5 going, last i heard Alford is now staying, but loring is raring to go to greener pastures, who else???
Hey Gerta, that is true about Serp coxy's wife told me on Saturday, and then about 10 other people told me after that.

This is from the thread for the Heathcote league,

"Heard a rumour yesterday at the league vote count that Damien Webb has been signed to coach Nth Bendigo next year. Apparently he has already been active on the recruiting front and has got 4 - 5 coming with him from YCW and maybe a couple from Mounts",

can anyone confirm if this is correct??? Who are the 5 going, last i heard Alford is now staying, but loring is raring to go to greener pastures, who else???
Hey Gerta, that is true about Serp coxy's wife told me on Saturday, and then about 10 other people told me after that.

Thats gold :) I'm disappointed that I missed out on getting one. I would have loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back