Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a few blokes out at Riverside might be a bit pissed off about how the season finished up and are looking for a fall guy. It may even be fair enough given that both sides finished well clear on top of the ladder and they still walk away with any silverware. I'm sure once they get over it and have a look back, they might find the answer to what went wrong. I call it Calivil.

i call it injuries and Neale Torpey.

Lay off Torpey. He's alright. It was injuries and everyone knows that. Next year Newbridge are a shoe in. Also I give some of the blame to the way Newbridge was coached. A couple of selections were a little questionable but more so the way the side was structured looked all wrong.

who won all the club Best and fairest this year,
YCW Steve Turner in the firsts, Wigfield runner up, not sure the reserves, thirds was won by Perez, in an upset to Concol. My boyfriend was there and said only about a dozen footballers were there, must be disappointing to the club, normally they have a big turn out.

who won all the club Best and fairest this year,
YCW Steve Turner in the firsts, Wigfield runner up, not sure the reserves, thirds was won by Perez, in an upset to Concol. My boyfriend was there and said only about a dozen footballers were there, must be disappointing to the club, normally they have a big turn out.

I think you'll find that Nath Alford had his 25th birthday at Icon last night and that a fair few Ycw footballer's were there.

Hellboy my source mentioned Serp for Ash Wilson as he thinks Wally Maxted might not do the job again.[/quote]

What sort of season did Maxted have in regards to his playing firstly & secondly his coaching? Where did he play himself?

spoke to Ash wilsons sister and she wasnt giving much away, all she said was he is a definit to coach in this league next year. Personally i think its Serp.

Bobbill that still doesnt explain why more footballers werent at YC vote count, surely they want to get together for the last function of the year. It was all over by 10pm, wouldnt they head to Alfords party then. What did you think of D-macs speech. Is he coming back to play?

Marong B&F results. Brett Rogers from Charlie Thompson in the seniors, Mick Herrick from Knackers in the reserves, Al Rackstraw from Matt Camileri in the thirds.

Marong B&F results. Brett Rogers from Charlie Thompson in the seniors, Mick Herrick from Knackers in the reserves, Al Rackstraw from Matt Camileri in the thirds.

I was a bit suprised Rackers won our Best and Fairest. I woulda thought Bower would of taken it out, but Rackers was well deserved winner. Matty Camileri was deservidly 2nd... I only polled 20 votes.. got 6th overall :D

The losing team always has an excuse and 'injuries' seems to be the standard one.

Newbridge were beaten by a better team; end of story.

I disagree in parts Hellboy. You need some luck of having a full list to choose from. Would of liked to have seen Newbridge to have a crack at Calival with Daniel Bourke, Reed Wills, Daniel Nalder and to not lose two off the bench for the day in first five minutes.

Would of liked to see Newbridge boys not to lose Lakey and Bourke in first 5 mins of second semi as well.

Calival unbelievable side and even if Newbridge had full list the belief that Calival have and will to win still may have been too much. Tip my hat to them.

However do believe that the boys at riverside did have some bad luck towards the end of season. Calival had bad luck during the year but seemed to get everybody on the park when the business end came around.

spoke to Ash wilsons sister and she wasnt giving much away, all she said was he is a definit to coach in this league next year. Personally i think its Serp.

Bobbill that still doesnt explain why more footballers werent at YC vote count, surely they want to get together for the last function of the year. It was all over by 10pm, wouldnt they head to Alfords party then. What did you think of D-macs speech. Is he coming back to play?

Alford's party was a surprise party, that's why they didn't go to the vote count. I didn't hear D-macs speech as I was at party.

I disagree in parts Hellboy. You need some luck of having a full list to choose from. Would of liked to have seen Newbridge to have a crack at Calival with Daniel Bourke, Reed Wills, Daniel Nalder and to not lose two off the bench for the day in first five minutes.

However do believe that the boys at riverside did have some bad luck towards the end of season. Calival had bad luck during the year but seemed to get everybody on the park when the business end came around.

The fact is that if it wasn't injuries it would be umpiring decisions, or the wind, or the coach etc. When it comes to a grand final, there are 21 (presumably fit) blokes running out for each side. How many sides go through undefeated or are clear stand outs only to get beaten in Grand Finals? Not all these teams have injuries. When it comes down to it, the best team wins and any excuse given for a favourite losing is only a means of justifying the loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newbridge

Seniors - Brad Comer over Scott Baxter/Chris Lakey
Reserves - Kym Wheelhouse over Rob Gallager
Juniors - Steve Holland over Pat Rogash

Was a few weeks ago, didnt know if people knew

The fact is that if it wasn't injuries it would be umpiring decisions, or the wind, or the coach etc. When it comes to a grand final, there are 21 (presumably fit) blokes running out for each side. How many sides go through undefeated or are clear stand outs only to get beaten in Grand Finals? Not all these teams have injuries. When it comes down to it, the best team wins and any excuse given for a favourite losing is only a means of justifying the loss.

Fair enough. Balarand in Swan Hill League fits this category. They got flogged at weekend. Doesn't the saying go a team of champions won't beat a champion team?

Fair enough. Balarand in Swan Hill League fits this category. They got flogged at weekend. Doesn't the saying go a team of champions won't beat a champion team?

You're spot on olddog. That's why there should never be a question over Calivil winning the flag. They are the epitome of a champion team.

you staying on or heading back to the kennel:confused:

mc cormick should hang around, it would be a shame if he doesn't swallow his pride and get back in the niche` of being a good footballer. He needs to have a year of concentrating on his own game, drop 10kgs, get fit, have some fun with the boys. He still has plenty of fuel in the tank.

Its a shame he doesnt pass on his knowledge to the under 17's, they are raw and in need of a gentle giant like him. I would love to see him coach them, these kids are the next group of seniors coming through. You need to have quality coaches looking after these kids. And no dave it wouldnt be a put down to coach juniors, your gentle nature is just what they need.

Dave, put your hand up and have a dip. Become a great club person, people at YCW respect you and adore your wife and children. Hang around and you will be rewarded with respect, mates and the opportunity of life long friends. What do you think Dave???:cool::cool::cool:

Matt Keating has got the Ycw coaching job.

So who does that leave still in search of a coach? By my reckoning, that leaves Calivil, Inglewood, Serp, and if you believe previous posts, Newbridge. Does anyone know if Birchmore still has the job at Pyramid?

Anyone have any news on players that may be coming or going ?

How many people do YC need to recruit to get back in the finals race if they are supposedly losing so many players? eg.McCormick, Webb & Co, Loring etc.
Keating is going to have a lot of long and boring discussion with people who just want to be told how good they are. The joys of trying to recruit. Good luck to him as he is a great bloke and should lead by example.

from what i've heard YCW aren't going to lose too many at all. Think the big improvers next year will be Marong, Rogers is mates with a lot of good footballers who might be tempted to come and play with a good mate and the sniff of success.

So who does that leave still in search of a coach? By my reckoning, that leaves Calivil, Inglewood, Serp, and if you believe previous posts, Newbridge. Does anyone know if Birchmore still has the job at Pyramid?
Just off the phone from a Newbridge wife, and was told Newbridge are chasing Nick Carter or, Damien Drum as coach. Drum was at the Granny in his Newbridge shirt looking spiffy. I wonder how much money they will want off the Newbridge money tree??? Nick Carter would be an awesome playing coach. What does everyone else think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back