Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard there was a bust up at Ingelwood with the committee a couple of weeks ago and half were hell bent on giving Billet the flick and the other half (including the president) hell bent on keeping him.

Mark Hayes is a name that keeps getting mentioned to me for the coaching job.

I saw Mark Hayes running around Lake Weeroona at lunchtime today. Well he was stretching, but by the way he was doubled over, it looked he had been running. :D

As for Brent Dyer. The most negative coach I have ever seen. He got the team to the GF, but with the talent on offer, should have got the team over the line. Had a couple of injuries in Wills and Bourke, but didn't recruit any backups, and had a 2nd gamer plus Gordon doing the ruckwork in a Grand Final. Were run over by Calivil both times in the finals which suggest fitness was a query. Perhaps the Maroons shouldn't be doing shuttle runs and running around the town during July/August, and perhaps do that before the season starts.

The other flag he won, he had guys like Flanagan, Carson and Dunn who were quality players, plus a younger G.Bourke and runners like Milsom, Hecker, O'Brien and Broom.

Corey Warne may be a smoky. Coached the twos very well after having the heart ripped out of his side on prelim final day, and could adapt to senior coaching.

Newbridge is a quality club, but are better off without Dyer at the helm.

Darryl Billett runs a chicken shop in White Hills , i was in there about 3 weeks ago to buy a chook and he said he was coaching again, but that was 3 weeks ago.

I can confirm a few clubs in this league contacted D. walsh but he is playing another year at Square.

yeah i think nathan had a falling out with St Aranaud a few years back and that's why he ended up at Serp, if that rift is healed than you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be back at St Arnaud.

yeah i think nathan had a falling out with St Aranaud a few years back and that's why he ended up at Serp, if that rift is healed than you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be back at St Arnaud.

Yes it started when brother Heath was omitted from the St Arnaud Senior Grand Final. They left the next year and have been playing in serp since.. That would have been in about 2003 i think.

Lol, nah coz i am Hayden Sumner, number 16 for Marong... Look out for me next season :thumbsu:

Will any of the 2007 LVFL U17 players have an impact at senior level in 2008?

Do you think the opposition senior / reserve players will try to take out the younger ones that are going up an age group?

Do you think the opposition senior / reserve players will try to take out the younger ones that are going up an age group?

Can't say I managed to catch a lot of junior footy this year Bill but you shouldn't have any doubts about stepping up to senior level next year. If you playing in the Maryborough/Castlemaine league I would be. If your team mates are worth anything you will be looked after if anything untoward happened which I very much doubt. You only have to look at Matt Smith from Calivil this year to realise if you have the class size doesn't matter.

i think the only given in the 2007 crop of juniors is Matthew Smith from Calivil will be playing at a higher level of football. Hopefully Mark Ellis gets his head out of his @rse and gets this kid into the pioneers program and gets rid of his arrogant attitude towards juniors in the district leagues.

The young fella from YCW has won the last two league medals must be a chance to play senior footy as well if he hangs about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Matt Keating have any pulling power when it comes to recruiting? As I think he may have a few to replace like Loring who hasn't got a phone call from Keating, McCormick who is playing elsewhere, Bennett who North are keen to get back, along with Alford and Kingdom, who will go if Bennett goes?
I think a goal kicker would be at the top of his list.

I dont really know from other teams, but certainly from Marong, James Bower (2nd in the Best and Fairest) and Alan Rackstraw will have impacts. Both played around 6-7 games this year for the Senior side.

i think the only given in the 2007 crop of juniors is Matthew Smith from Calivil will be playing at a higher level of football. Hopefully Mark Ellis gets his head out of his @rse and gets this kid into the pioneers program and gets rid of his arrogant attitude towards juniors in the district leagues.

The young fella from YCW has won the last two league medals must be a chance to play senior footy as well if he hangs about.

The Pioneers seem to overlook the LVFL and HDFL. The only Pioneer listed player that I know of that comes from these leagues is "Saladino", who plays for Heathcote seniors.

The LVFL lose alot of kids to the Under 18's, then many never come back. Having the opportunity to play at senior level, and do preseason with Pioneers could develop these kids well.

Maybe if the Pioneers invited kids from the LVFL & HDFL to preseason training, this would help these leagues to retain young players.

If the kids don't make the Pioneer preseason cut, they are still better off for doing the higher level training.

Yes, I agree........there is a lot of arrogance amongst many of the players on the Pioneers list.

Will Matt Keating have any pulling power when it comes to recruiting? As I think he may have a few to replace like Loring who hasn't got a phone call from Keating, McCormick who is playing elsewhere, Bennett who North are keen to get back, along with Alford and Kingdom, who will go if Bennett goes?

that would make Keating's job that much harder if he were to lose Bennett especially, the others would be big losses as well as all senior footballers. Is Lorring looking to move on or just dirty because he hasn't got a phone call? Has Keating rang the rest of the list? Any confirmed as leaving?

A full forward if McCormick is no longer there would be at the top of the shopping list, seemed to lack an avenue to goal this year with McCormick and with lorring being injured / playing in the reserves.

I dont really know from other teams, but certainly from Marong, James Bower (2nd in the Best and Fairest) and Alan Rackstraw will have impacts. Both played around 6-7 games this year for the Senior side.

Hey Hayden, James Bower has improved out of sight in the last couple of years and Alan Rackshaw is a hard nut that could be better if he committed himself.

What about that Frankel kid, Camilleri and Nugget.........what are they doing in 2008?

Hey Hayden, James Bower has improved out of sight in the last couple of years and Alan Rackshaw is a hard nut that could be better if he committed himself.

What about that Frankel kid, Camilleri and Nugget.........what are they doing in 2008?

Lachie Frankel and Camers are staying under 17's next year... Nugget if stays at Marong will go to Seniors

From what I have heard he will be recruiting very hard and has a fairly extensive plan in place for this. He knows a lot of good footballers around town and I for one hope that Bomber stays Bobbill, great player and clubman, plus Alford and Kingdom are big losses if Bomber goes.

From what I have heard he will be recruiting very hard and has a fairly extensive plan in place for this. He knows a lot of good footballers around town and I for one hope that Bomber stays Bobbill, great player and clubman, plus Alford and Kingdom are big losses if Bomber goes.

If one of the north bendigo blokes goes will they all go?

I saw Mark Hayes running around Lake Weeroona at lunchtime today. Well he was stretching, but by the way he was doubled over, it looked he had been running. :D

As for Brent Dyer. The most negative coach I have ever seen. He got the team to the GF, but with the talent on offer, should have got the team over the line. Had a couple of injuries in Wills and Bourke, but didn't recruit any backups, and had a 2nd gamer plus Gordon doing the ruckwork in a Grand Final. Were run over by Calivil both times in the finals which suggest fitness was a query. Perhaps the Maroons shouldn't be doing shuttle runs and running around the town during July/August, and perhaps do that before the season starts.

The other flag he won, he had guys like Flanagan, Carson and Dunn who were quality players, plus a younger G.Bourke and runners like Milsom, Hecker, O'Brien and Broom.

Corey Warne may be a smoky. Coached the twos very well after having the heart ripped out of his side on prelim final day, and could adapt to senior coaching.

Newbridge is a quality club, but are better off without Dyer at the helm.

Oldmanemu sounds like you played under dyer and was not happy with the way he went about his business.

I heard the Blanthorns boys might be leaving Marong this year. One of them knows a bloke from Colbo and they are looking for a bit of success. Their mum who coached the netball and sister who won A B&F have had enough too.

I heard the Blanthorns boys might be leaving Marong this year. One of them knows a bloke from Colbo and they are looking for a bit of success. Their mum who coached the netball and sister who won A B&F have had enough too.

i havent heard much about that. I know the daughter , i will ask her what is going on, but i havent heard anything

Oldmanemu sounds like you played under dyer and was not happy with the way he went about his business.

Didn't play under him, but was a keen spectator at that stage. Always puts players down before mentioning any positives, which he rarely finds any.

Bungled the 2007 season for both ones and twos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back