Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is about 1,000,000 to 1 that Nick Carter or Damien Drum will be coaching, the women should stick to what they know and leave the football to the Boys.

Gloury to coach newbridge, Wilson to Serp, Marong to sign Tobin from Heathcote as assistant to Rogers, Ingelwood to chase internally or someone from Eaglehawk (who is playing sunday)

Just off the phone from a Newbridge wife, and was told Newbridge are chasing Nick Carter or, Damien Drum as coach. Drum was at the Granny in his Newbridge shirt looking spiffy. I wonder how much money they will want off the Newbridge money tree??? Nick Carter would be an awesome playing coach. What does everyone else think?

Yeh, and Chris Judd is about to announce that Marong are the 5th club in the running for his services! He has said that with Kevin Sheedy running the bench for Freddo he is likely to line up for the Panthers next season!!

So who does that leave still in search of a coach? By my reckoning, that leaves Calivil, Inglewood, Serp, and if you believe previous posts, Newbridge. Does anyone know if Birchmore still has the job at Pyramid?
Just off the phone from a Newbridge wife, and was told Newbridge are chasing Nick Carter or, Damien Drum as coach. Drum was at the Granny in his Newbridge shirt looking spiffy. I wonder how much money they will want off the Newbridge money tree??? Nick Carter would be an awesome playing coach. What does everyone else think?

I think Nick will be busy with the Backstreet Boys reforming and all:D

Would Drum have the time, being a MP?
Where did Nick play this year?

it is about 1,000,000 to 1 that Nick Carter or Damien Drum will be coaching, the women should stick to what they know and leave the football to the Boys.
Gloury to coach newbridge, Wilson to Serp, Marong to sign Tobin from Heathcote as assistant to Rogers, Ingelwood to chase internally or someone from Eaglehawk (who is playing sunday)

At a million to one i will put $1 on that Frankie. Not sure about the Gloury idea as his two twin daughters are heading to YCW to play next year,unless we are talking about a different Gloury,:D as are a few of the Newbridge senior netballers.

And as for your comment about women sticking to what they know, we all know that behind every great player is a woman, how many mums, wives, daughters and girlfriends freeze there assests off every winter to witness there loved ones fantastic tap on, or hanger of a mark. Us mums are the ones driving the young fellas to training each week, washing there uniforms, working in the canteen and feeding them up to be big boys one day. Dont start that women v's men sh-t on here, we are all here for the ultimate glory, Premierships!!!

Well if tommy went out to marong would that mean that they would change there guernseys to pink? The Marong Pink Panthers. Now that has a ring to it!:D

Investor, heard Shane Gilchrist has been appointed Senior Coach of P/Hill for season 2008. From me to him can you wish him all the best and congrats.:D:D

If that is true about Gilchrist getting the job that can be only good news for Pyramid Hill.

Seen Birchmore coach and he is an absolute laughing stock... not surprised they flicked him at all.

No respect = no job.

By Newbridge advertising their coach job does that signal that they are on the lookout for a new coach or is it merely an act of their constitution to advertise their coaching position each year?

Heard this morning that McCormick is a definite non starter at YCW next season. Apparently he's pretty pissed at not getting the coaching job back.

Heard this morning that McCormick is a definite non starter at YCW next season. Apparently he's pretty pissed at not getting the coaching job back.

He shouldn't be too dissapointed. Lost first final last year then didn't make the finals this year, not a great record. Is a great player and have heard that his wife loves the netball so maybe he should just play.

you'd can understand he would be pissed at not getting the coaching job and wouldn't begrudge him if he left. If he is looking to coach where will he go? would he play against YCW? Calivil maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Frank, are you saying that after a couple of years at the helm without any success he should have been reappointed? Or that he should have honestly expected to be reappointed?

not at all mate, what i'm saying is i can understand why a bloke would be pissed off for not getting it, if he has put in for it and doesn't get it of course he isn't going to be too happy about it.

Is a big loss for the eagles if he does leave, he is good for 80+ goals a year.

You're right about the big loss part Frank, big forwards are not real easy to come across. But I can imagine that there are plenty of clubs out there that will throw a bit of money at the big fella, even if it is just to play and not coach.

Gloury is a chance, but I would like to place 5 dollars on those odd you have offered for Nick Carter to coach. I would be happy to give him some of my winnings just to sign. I think you will find that this rumour is pretty strong and those odds might be taken by more than me!!!

At a million to one i will put $1 on that Frankie. Not sure about the Gloury idea as his two twin daughters are heading to YCW to play next year,unless we are talking about a different Gloury,:D as are a few of the Newbridge senior netballers.

And as for your comment about women sticking to what they know, we all know that behind every great player is a woman, how many mums, wives, daughters and girlfriends freeze there assests off every winter to witness there loved ones fantastic tap on, or hanger of a mark. Us mums are the ones driving the young fellas to training each week, washing there uniforms, working in the canteen and feeding them up to be big boys one day. Dont start that women v's men sh-t on here, we are all here for the ultimate glory, Premierships!!!

I would very much doubt the Gloury girls will ever play anywhere but Newbridge and I have no doubt there will be ramifications of the Grand Final loss by Newbridge in the Senior Netball due to poor coaching.

Gloury is a chance, but I would like to place 5 dollars on those odd you have offered for Nick Carter to coach. I would be happy to give him some of my winnings just to sign. I think you will find that this rumour is pretty strong and those odds might be taken by more than me!!!

it's fairly common knowledge that Carter has signed on at Golden Square as an assistant to Jeff Brennan.

I would very much doubt the Gloury girls will ever play anywhere but Newbridge and I have no doubt there will be ramifications of the Grand Final loss by Newbridge in the Senior Netball due to poor coaching.

What was the story with the netball Duckman? Didn't Pyramid win easy.
Also whats the story with Dyer has he been moved on or is he still in the running to coach the Newbridge?

Also whats the story with Dyer has he been moved on or is he still in the running to coach the Newbridge?

Yeah Pyramid much better side, just a lot of infighting from the girls from what I hear and watched some of the game and the lack of changes by the coach and body language of players suggested to the onlooker that there were a lot of problems...

Dyer from what is going around will not be asked to continue.

Alot of unhappy senior netballers by half year at Newbie, at least 10 that i can name as definites to make a move to greener pastures, and alot of them are local girls.

Players the likes of Anne Louise Dillion (Chilvers) were in B-grade, (What a joke, she is an A-grade B&F for the league), also saw her playing for South Bendigo A-grade on the same day she played B's at Newbie, asked her why she was doing that and she said she couldn't get a game in A's at Newbie, coach didnt rate her!!!

If they go the boyfriends follow, look out for some huge movement at Newbridge in the footy. They had better get there cheque books out and sign a footy coach asap.
NO confidence in the coach = no confidence on the field

p.s.####*****Bongo is the smartest person in the world!!!:p:p:p

Alot of unhappy senior netballers by half year at Newbie, at least 10 that i can name as definites to make a move to greener pastures, and alot of them are local girls.

Players the likes of Anne Louise Dillion (Chilvers) were in B-grade, (What a joke, she is an A-grade B&F for the league), also saw her playing for South Bendigo A-grade on the same day she played B's at Newbie, asked her why she was doing that and she said she couldn't get a game in A's at Newbie, coach didnt rate her!!!

If they go the boyfriends follow, look out for some huge movement at Newbridge in the footy. They had better get there cheque books out and sign a footy coach asap.
NO confidence in the coach = no confidence on the field

You have got to love rumours, speculation and innuendo at this time of year. I think you will find netballers change clubs because of the footballers not being happy. Not the other way round. Anne Louise was an A-Grade B&F winner but I'm pretty sure it was 8 years ago. As good as she is you can't hold onto time forever. When you have girls in 20-25 age group coming through with the same ability who are you going to play?
Michelle Eastman has taken A-Grade to a grand final in her first year after they only won 4 games last year and B-Grade to finals which they haven't done since 2000-01. I'd say thats a fair effort.

If you look at Brent Dyer's coaching history you will find that he has only coached for 2-3 years maximum. He called half way through the year that he wasn't altogether keen to continue. So there is no point speculating on why he wasn't appointented again. Newbridge probably have a few peolple they could appoint inhouse too but why stop the search there? Wouldn't it be wise to try and find the best possible coach available? If you could find a key position player that could coach your killing 2 birds with 1 stone. As good as a bloke and a player Matt Keating is he will be pushing the brown stuff uphill to recruit the players he will need to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back