Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of unhappy senior netballers by half year at Newbie, at least 10 that i can name as definites to make a move to greener pastures, and alot of them are local girls.

If they go the boyfriends follow, look out for some huge movement at Newbridge in the footy. They had better get there cheque books out and sign a footy coach asap.

What is it with chicks? Last year there was an exodus from YCW to Newbridge, now it's Newbridge to ? Is it right to assume that it may be the same people causing the problems? It seems also that the Newbridge netballers might be chewing on the same sour grapes as the footballers and blaming the coach for being beaten by a better side.

I doubt very much that any quality footballers will follow their partners.

Youngcitychick, you have made another big statement here regarding a mass exodus of footballers from Newbridge that really has no substance. While the next 6 months on this thread may be mostly about the innuendo and gossip surrounding who is coming and going from the league, try and get some facts right. So far you have said that Andy Grant is coaching YCW, Buster Alford or Steve Cox were going to get the job at Huntly and Marong were recruiting from Cohuna and Ararat. You were way off the mark with all of these. I hope Ash Wilson gets the job at Serp so at least something you put up here may actually be true.

thanks for the confidence Hellboy. Why dont you look at your own statement, there was no mass exodous from YC last year, Michelle Eastman and her daughter went out there because they are friends with people on the committee and Michelle had an issue with a YC committee person i heard. Other than that Michelle left on a good note. Lots of the players from YC still talk to her and like her, myself included. The other netballer to go to Newbridge was Brooke Walters, that was it, she was no loss. Nic Gilmore retired, Nic Donnellon had her knee done, Lauren Tuohey followed her boyfriend to another league. Lauren Gardner had a baby. but you would already know all that, having researched your work before adding a thread. Let the bull dust roll on... from your lips.

As for Andy Grant coaching YC that came from his mum Annette, she said he has alot of friends there, Matt Keating i think.
Buster Alford was approached to coach Huntly, he was at the Elmore game late in the year, and i know that for a fact he was considering it, as i work with his wife at the Bank.
Steve Cox was never true, he told me to write that, just stirring the pot.
Freddo told me at the final at Marong that his brother Matt wasnt coaching the 2's and that he had some guys from Ararat, through his old man and Cohuna coming to play.
And i can tell you that Serp have never ever rang Ash, and that is a quote,that is a fact, when he called around on the weekend i asked him.

So eat my shorts Hellboy!!!

thanks for the confidence Hellboy. Why dont you look at your own statement, there was no mass exodous from YC last year, Michelle Eastman and her daughter went out there because they are friends with people on the committee and Michelle had an issue with a YC committee person i heard. Other than that Michelle left on a good note. Lots of the players from YC still talk to her and like her, myself included. The other netballer to go to Newbridge was Brooke Walters, that was it, she was no loss. Nic Gilmore retired, Nic Donnellon had her knee done, Lauren Tuohey followed her boyfriend to another league. Lauren Gardner had a baby. but you would already know all that, having researched your work before adding a thread. Let the bull dust roll on... from your lips.

As for Andy Grant coaching YC that came from his mum Annette, she said he has alot of friends there, Matt Keating i think.
Buster Alford was approached to coach Huntly, he was at the Elmore game late in the year, and i know that for a fact he was considering it, as i work with his wife at the Bank.
Steve Cox was never true, he told me to write that, just stirring the pot.
Freddo told me at the final at Marong that his brother Matt wasnt coaching the 2's and that he had some guys from Ararat, through his old man and Cohuna coming to play.
And i can tell you that Serp have never ever rang Ash, and that is a quote,that is a fact, when he called around on the weekend i asked him.

So eat my shorts Hellboy!!!

I thought that might fire you up!

I know Andy (and Annette) very well and there was no way he was ever coaching YCW. Clearly you proved my point regarding Steve Cox. Having a look back, you only suggested that it may be Serp that Ash Wilson coaches but you did state that he was a definite to coach in this league after speaking to his sister. So if you've spoken to him, where is he going? I have spoken to Freddo and he has never told anyone that Marong are recruiting from Ararat or Cohuna. This I know for certain.

If you have a look, I was very ambiguous about the netball comment, as I wasn't sure of too many details. I didn't mention 'mass' exodus. I was simply asking the question, not making a statement. You have reeled off the names of 7 players who did not play for YCW this season, I would call that an exodus of players.

Without your input on this thread, there would be very little going on youngcitychick so keep up the good (if a little inaccurate) work.

Alot of unhappy senior netballers by half year at Newbie, at least 10 that i can name as definites to make a move to greener pastures, and alot of them are local girls.

Players the likes of Anne Louise Dillion (Chilvers) were in B-grade, (What a joke, she is an A-grade B&F for the league), also saw her playing for South Bendigo A-grade on the same day she played B's at Newbie, asked her why she was doing that and she said she couldn't get a game in A's at Newbie, coach didnt rate her!!!

If they go the boyfriends follow, look out for some huge movement at Newbridge in the footy. They had better get there cheque books out and sign a footy coach asap.
NO confidence in the coach = no confidence on the field

Well, If you can name 10 players that were unhappy at half year, be my guest. The only players that were unhappy were the ones that overrate their importance in the side. The others, that is, the majority, were having a great year, with much success on and off the field. You should ask every member of the netball commitee and players and you'll find out some harsh but realistic information about Anne-louise's playing ability. We cannot hold on to past successes and achievements, we must look at her contribution to the team now and it was definitely not enough to gain a spot in the starting 7. If you need to pull out the fact that she's playing A grade at south bendigo, you are really scraping the barrel, just a quick question, where did South finish this year?

Also, no confidence in the coach? Look where she got us? playing off in grand final!! No one was capable of beating pyramid hill this year, they are a star-studded team and the newbridge girls are not bitter about their loss, in fact, they are thrilled with their ability to reach that far considering their last years' efforts. I think you need to do a bit more research before you go mouthing off about this united team!

What is it with chicks? Last year there was an exodus from YCW to Newbridge, now it's Newbridge to ? Is it right to assume that it may be the same people causing the problems? It seems also that the Newbridge netballers might be chewing on the same sour grapes as the footballers and blaming the coach for being beaten by a better side.

I doubt very much that any quality footballers will follow their partners.

Youngcitychick, you have made another big statement here regarding a mass exodus of footballers from Newbridge that really has no substance. While the next 6 months on this thread may be mostly about the innuendo and gossip surrounding who is coming and going from the league, try and get some facts right. So far you have said that Andy Grant is coaching YCW, Buster Alford or Steve Cox were going to get the job at Huntly and Marong were recruiting from Cohuna and Ararat. You were way off the mark with all of these. I hope Ash Wilson gets the job at Serp so at least something you put up here may actually be true.

People leaving clubs does not necesarily mean they are unhappy. Last year for example, YCW netballers didn't leave on a bad note, many were injured, pregnant, following boyfriends, following friends etc. The only reason this year for an 'exodus' at newbridge is because a few locals think they are a touch better than reality and newbridge had an influx of approx. 10 uni girls all in their last year and all moving around next year. The newbridge girls are united and a tight-knit group and are most certainly not bitter about the loss and in an even more ridiculous statement, are not blaming the coach! Would any other club like to come up against the likes of stacey and jess scott, merryn rogan, brooke watson and the mass of other brilliant netballers pyramid hill have to offer? I didn't think so. The newbridge netballers were beaten by a better side and are aware.

At a million to one i will put $1 on that Frankie. Not sure about the Gloury idea as his two twin daughters are heading to YCW to play next year,unless we are talking about a different Gloury,:D as are a few of the Newbridge senior netballers.

The Gloury girls are going nowhere. If i'm not mistaken, the girls mum has just joined the newbridge netball commitee for the 2008 season so I'd be more than surprised to see them go. The Gloury's live, eat and breathe newbridge. I would also be absolutely stunned if any more than 2 netballers went to YCW next year. I know a few that are on the move, but its not to YC.

crikey moses, the netball girls are fired up in here today, bone of contention is newbridge by the looks of it. Obviously things didn't end up well between the newbridge coach and YCW last year?

crikey moses, the netball girls are fired up in here today, bone of contention is newbridge by the looks of it. Obviously things didn't end up well between the newbridge coach and YCW last year?

Youve just gotta love chicks fighting! Do we need to get out the jelly to sort this one out? :D

Did anyone see Number 16 for the Marong under 17's this season. Tall, skinny blonde hair kid? Played Centre Half Forward and Ful Forward?

Well, If you can name 10 players that were unhappy at half year, be my guest. The only players that were unhappy were the ones that overrate their importance in the side.

Also, no confidence in the coach? I think you need to do a bit more research before you go mouthing off about this united team![/quote]

there was no mass exodous from YC last year, Michelle Eastman and her daughter went out there because they are friends with people on the committee and Michelle had an issue with a YC committee person i heard.
Other than that Michelle left on a good note. Lots of the players from YC still talk to her and like her, myself included. The other netballer to go to Newbridge was Brooke Walters, that was it, she was no loss. Nic Gilmore retired, Nic Donnellon had her knee done, Lauren Tuohey followed her boyfriend to another league. Lauren Gardner had a baby.

Newcomber63,
good to see you bothered to actually read the thread i left, if you did you would see the above mentioned. I didnt say there was anything wrong with Michelle Eastmen as coach, i was talking about the footy. But other people on here have mentioned her. Have a re-read above, and thanks for reiterating what i had already said about the YC team. As much as i am told by the netballers at YC there has never been any issues with Michelle, although her husband should keep his nose out of her coaching, doesnt look good when the coach has got him breathing down her neck telling her what he would do :thumbsdown:. Good to see the newbridge netballers are so tight, lets see what happens at the start of the season.
Anyway YCW are looking for netball coaches for their junior teams, the girl who did the Under 17's is heading to Sandhurst to coach there juniors and B-grade. The C and B grade coaches are going overseas. A's to be coached by a YC mum.
Keep up the threading and remember its still '07.

Any one been on a footy/netball trip yet, if not where are you all going this year??????

Touche` Hell boy, and i will get back to you on the Ash Wilson scenario, he even logged on himself to see what everyone was talking about. he is over for dinner tomoro night, so i willl see if i can get it out of him. Maybe after a few green ones.

Well, If you can name 10 players that were unhappy at half year, be my guest. The only players that were unhappy were the ones that overrate their importance in the side.

Also, no confidence in the coach? I think you need to do a bit more research before you go mouthing off about this united team!

there was no mass exodous from YC last year, Michelle Eastman and her daughter went out there because they are friends with people on the committee and Michelle had an issue with a YC committee person i heard.
Other than that Michelle left on a good note. Lots of the players from YC still talk to her and like her, myself included. The other netballer to go to Newbridge was Brooke Walters, that was it, she was no loss. Nic Gilmore retired, Nic Donnellon had her knee done, Lauren Tuohey followed her boyfriend to another league. Lauren Gardner had a baby.

Newcomber63,
good to see you bothered to actually read the thread i left, if you did you would see the above mentioned. I didnt say there was anything wrong with Michelle Eastmen as coach, i was talking about the footy. But other people on here have mentioned her. Have a re-read above, and thanks for reiterating what i had already said about the YC team. As much as i am told by the netballers at YC there has never been any issues with Michelle, although her husband should keep his nose out of her coaching, doesnt look good when the coach has got him breathing down her neck telling her what he would do :thumbsdown:. Good to see the newbridge netballers are so tight, lets see what happens at the start of the season.
Anyway YCW are looking for netball coaches for their junior teams, the girl who did the Under 17's is heading to Sandhurst to coach there juniors and B-grade. The C and B grade coaches are going overseas. A's to be coached by a YC mum.
Keep up the threading and remember its still '07.

Any one been on a footy/netball trip yet, if not where are you all going this year??????[/quote]

I appreciate the fact that you have not said anything way out of your depth to do with her coaching, you seem well informed. However, lets not get caught up on technicalities, you did say a number of players were unhappy (wrong, these are just the ones who don't know when it's time to hang up the skirt) and you did say that her players had no confidence in her coaching abilities (were these the ones that should hang up the boots? because there are only a couple of these out our way).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

righto can we deal in fact here for a moment, what's the current situtaion on coaches throughout the league:

Calivil - Unknown
Newbridge - Unknown
Miti - Billy Grant
P/Hill - Shane Gilchrist (new)
Bridgewater - Kurt Ashman (Is he Confirmed?)
YCW - Matt Keating (new)
Marong - Brett Rogers (new)
Ingelwood - Darryl Billet (Is he confirmed?)
Serp - Unknown

Billy Grant could be the only bloke left from this year's coaching ranks, who would have thought.

There's not much going on in the football department so it's good to see the netballers keeping things interesting.

YOU ARE PURE FILTH FINGERS,lol, get a bigger spoon, thats not enough to get the pot stirring on here, what club do you follow???

Keep the comments coming boys and girls, cos i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

righto can we deal in fact here for a moment, what's the current situtaion on coaches throughout the league:

Calivil - Unknown
Newbridge - Unknown
Miti - Billy Grant
YCW - Matt Keating (new)
Serp - Unknown

Billy Grant could be the only bloke left from this year's coaching ranks, who would have thought

Any word from up Calivil way Frank? I know Freemantle was a reluctant leader this year and Maxted wasn't too keen with his coaching abilities so is there any chance we'll Ross back at the helm?

I was a bit suprised Rackers won our Best and Fairest. I woulda thought Bower would of taken it out, but Rackers was well deserved winner. Matty Camileri was deservidly 2nd... I only polled 20 votes.. got 6th overall :D

Did anyone see Number 16 for the Marong under 17's this season. Tall, skinny blonde hair kid? Played Centre Half Forward and Ful Forward?

Shouldn't you know who your own team mates are???

Calivil - Unknown
Newbridge - Unknown
Miti - Billy Grant
YCW - Matt Keating (new)
Serp - Unknown

Billy Grant could be the only bloke left from this year's coaching ranks, who would have thought.

I heard Darryl Billett wasn't taking on the Inglewood job again. One would assume that Kurt will have the job at Bridgy if he wants it.

Calivil - Unknown
Newbridge - Unknown
Miti - Billy Grant
YCW - Matt Keating (new)
Serp - Unknown

Billy Grant could be the only bloke left from this year's coaching ranks, who would have thought

Any word from up Calivil way Frank? I know Freemantle was a reluctant leader this year and Maxted wasn't too keen with his coaching abilities so is there any chance we'll Ross back at the helm?

Last i heard, neither the Maxteds or Fremantle are keen to coach. Apparently Calivil didn't think they were going to win the flag this year (ie beat Newbridge) and were more intent on playing the kids with a view to the future which is why Andy took on the job to start with, basically to help the club out.

They were always more intent on having a last hurrah crack with all the local boys in 2008 with a "non-local" coaching. I've heard 100 rumours about who was coaching them Wayne Mitrovic (obviously not true, back to Macorna) and Darren Walsh amongst names, but neither of those is going to happen. So no closer to knowing who is going to do it. Who knows in 10 weeks time azza demeo might be taking the reins.

I heard Darryl Billett wasn't taking on the Inglewood job again. One would assume that Kurt will have the job at Bridgy if he wants it.

i heard there was a bust up at Ingelwood with the committee a couple of weeks ago and half were hell bent on giving Billet the flick and the other half (including the president) hell bent on keeping him.

Mark Hayes is a name that keeps getting mentioned to me for the coaching job.

i heard there was a bust up at Ingelwood with the committee a couple of weeks ago and half were hell bent on giving Billet the flick and the other half (including the president) hell bent on keeping him.

Mark Hayes is a name that keeps getting mentioned to me for the coaching job.

If Billlett wants the job, he should get it. Inglewood appear to have turned the corner this season but could quite easily slip back into their old ways. The only reason I see for some wanting Billett out is that they may be seeking a high quality playing coach. I'm sure there would be issues that none of us are privy to that might have caused this rift. We can only speculate.

I'd heard that Zane Bigmore might be returning to Inglewood from Navarre. Maybe as coach?

If Billlett wants the job, he should get it. Inglewood appear to have turned the corner this season but could quite easily slip back into their old ways. The only reason I see for some wanting Billett out is that they may be seeking a high quality playing coach. I'm sure there would be issues that none of us are privy to that might have caused this rift. We can only speculate.

I'd heard that Zane Bigmore might be returning to Inglewood from Navarre. Maybe as coach?

I agree they turned the corner with winning games but as soon as it turned against them it was back to the old ways belting blokes and being the ingelwood of old and Billet didn't try to stop it either. Apparently that could be the driving force behind getting rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back