Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just because of the rivalry between Marong and YCW, but I hope that YCW really struggle next year. Someone has to hold up the ladder, it may as well be them. I don't begrudge the success the club has experienced over a long period of time but the manner in which some players and supporters carry themselves has shown a great lack of humility. The taunts and abuse dished out by a select few on the sidelines in the last round against Marong, even when 20 odd goals in front, was pretty ordinary. I cannot wait for the opportunity to remind them of this next season.

Spot on Hellboy.
YCW have really shoveled it on to Marong in the past and that last game was more embarrassing for YC than Marong. But this has created a great rivalry. I read earlier that Moose has pulled the pin from the committee, Surely not. One of few blokes at YC who's head isn't up his ar$e. Will we be seeing the big fella still at the footy?

Spot on Hellboy.
YCW have really shoveled it on to Marong in the past and that last game was more embarrassing for YC than Marong. But this has created a great rivalry. I read earlier that Moose has pulled the pin from the committee, Surely not. One of few blokes at YC who's head isn't up his ar$e. Will we be seeing the big fella still at the footy?

Moose has only taken a step back from being on the committee, had his knee fixed, is on a fitness campaign, going to try and play and is very much still a YC person.

Just what YCW need to add to their reputation of being front runners 'some slagheads' Feel sorry for Matt Keating really; good bloke, good player but took over the reins of a club that had players only interested in their own names and $$$

Who would these "names" and big dollar players be Special?

Moose has only taken a step back from being on the committee, had his knee fixed, is on a fitness campaign, going to try and play and is very much still a YC person.

There is an amazing similarity between Moose and Johnny Howard. It seems both are embarking on a campaign that will be near impossible to win. Good Luck Moose!

Sorry bowhunter, didnt actually say it was big dollars. Just suggesting that some players were there for some coin and when that dried up have moved onto greener pastures. As for names- not to publicly scrutinise individuals but ill just say those that have only stuck around for a year or two and not produced the football that there 'names' suggest they could. This happens at all clubs no doubt but as a club, im sure that YCW would be disappointed with some of their recruits over the last couple of years. They have been pretty active over the last few years in this department compared to other clubs in the league :D

There is an amazing similarity between Moose and Johnny Howard. It seems both are embarking on a campaign that will be near impossible to win. Good Luck Moose!

good comparison! except for i think moose will have alot more people barracking for him! the way ycw are looking he might be a walk up start for the seniors, sounds like they could use someone with his passion! good luck too him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

isnt he going to north bendigo?????????? as a part of another loddon valley club i certainly hope so anyway!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently He is talking to any club that will listen. It would be a brave move by Calivil to appoint him coach given his coaching record.

My understanding is that Calivil will not entertain him as a coach or player. From all reports the only sure thing is McCormick isn't going to be at YCW. I've heard in the past three weeks the following clubs as talking to him:

Castlemaine
Kangaroo Flat
White Hills
Mt Pleasant
Serpentine
Nth Bendigo

Early favourite was Nth Bendigo but i believe he priced himself out of there, then Mounts were half keen but once again price was an issue. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Kangaroo Flat.

My understanding is that Calivil will not entertain him as a coach or player. From all reports the only sure thing is McCormick isn't going to be at YCW. I've heard in the past three weeks the following clubs as talking to him:

Castlemaine
Kangaroo Flat
White Hills
Mt Pleasant
Serpentine
Nth Bendigo

Early favourite was Nth Bendigo but i believe he priced himself out of there, then Mounts were half keen but once again price was an issue. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Kangaroo Flat.

Anyone know how he can be contacted? Marong might as well have a crack too!

I'd save your money Hellboy! He showed this year that he can be contained with a good defender and with a player thats prepared to cut off his leads he becomes fairly tempremental. If he ran few a few blokes when he gets the chance I doubt whether they would be game enough to stand there.

And lets face it. His frame isn't getting any smaller!

I'd save your money Hellboy! He showed this year that he can be contained with a good defender and with a player thats prepared to cut off his leads he becomes fairly tempremental. If he ran few a few blokes when he gets the chance I doubt whether they would be game enough to stand there.

McCormick is kidding himself if he thinks he could return to the BFL in the shape and fitness he is currently in.

YCW apparently passed on some more than handy applicants which wouild've brought some recruits but Matt Keating was heavily pushed for the job by his brother, vice president.
Jarrod Loring signed at Nth.Bendigo along with Webb who ass.coach and Kingdom is in negotiations with Nth also.

He is getting on the big side, although he did dominate sides most weeks when not injured. I think Chris Lakey give him a fair hiding when YCW played Newbridge but him aside i think he is still the best forward in the league and has fantastic hands and a smart lead.

At some point in the next couple of months there will be a side willing to cough up $500 - $600 for his services as a forward for hire and i reckon he is good for 70+ goals in any of the leagues in and around Bendigo.

McCormick is kidding himself if he thinks he could return to the BFL in the shape and fitness he is currently in.

YCW apparently passed on some more than handy applicants which wouild've brought some recruits but Matt Keating was heavily pushed for the job by his brother, vice president.
Jarrod Loring signed at Nth.Bendigo along with Webb who ass.coach and Kingdom is in negotiations with Nth also.

McCormick isn't the only fatty boom bah leaving the eagles then. Lorring seems to have spent a fair bit of time in a good paddock. Ended up in the two's for YCW, so not sure if Nth know what they are getting themselves in for.

He is getting on the big side, although he did dominate sides most weeks when not injured. I think Chris Lakey give him a fair hiding when YCW played Newbridge but him aside i think he is still the best forward in the league and has fantastic hands and a smart lead.

At some point in the next couple of months there will be a side willing to cough up $500 - $600 for his services as a forward for hire and i reckon he is good for 70+ goals in any of the leagues in and around Bendigo.

thats alot of money for a single player who spent time injured this year, any ideas who might be willing to spent that sort of money? is there any other key players who might be on the move? e.g. there was talk a little while back that the mcnally brothers maybe headed back too st.arnaud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back