Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

any results from practice matches on weekend, did hear nth bgo beat bridgy by 5 goals, boort over pyramid 4 goals, any others.

A pretty good hit out for Bridgewater.
Had a couple of first gamers playing and were also missing Andrew Ferguson, Lucas Ruedin, Pat Miceli, Justin Symonds and the two Millard's.

Two big forwards in Poyner and Clutton took some strong grabs.

Pretty scrappy game and as predicted, there were a few fights in both seniors and reserves.

A pretty good hit out for Bridgewater.
Had a couple of first gamers playing and were also missing Andrew Ferguson, Lucas Ruedin, Pat Miceli, Justin Symonds and the two Millard's.

Two big forwards in Poyner and Clutton took some strong grabs.

Pretty scrappy game and as predicted, there were a few fights in both seniors and reserves.

I didn't play either B-Boy! Can't forget the seasoned veteran? just had a quiet run in the seconds to find my feet, so i'm ready for round 1 :cool:

Re: Loddon Valley Football League

any results from practice matches on weekend, did hear nth bgo beat bridgy by 5 goals, boort over pyramid 4 goals, any others.

Marong played White Hills on Saturday going down by 7 or 8 goals. Still missing 8 senior players which didn't help. The seconds was a similar story.

How are clubs going for numbers? Marong currently has 61 players on their list with a few more sure to come out of the wood work over the next couple of weeks. Pretty good numbers in the U17's as well with 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking with a few Miti boys over the past few days and they are setting their sights fairly high for this early in the season. All have spoken about playing deep into the finals & one of them even said "we've just got to knock Calival off in the Grannie" - for a team with a lot of new guys in their side, does anyone else think they might be getting ahead of themselves? :confused:

Speaking with a few Miti boys over the past few days and they are setting their sights fairly high for this early in the season. All have spoken about playing deep into the finals & one of them even said "we've just got to knock Calival off in the Grannie" - for a team with a lot of new guys in their side, does anyone else think they might be getting ahead of themselves? :confused:

I don't think it's unreasonable for Mitiamo to set their sights on a grand final. Just missed a spot last year and look to have a better line up this year. That said, they should learn from Newbridge last year and to a certain extent Serp 'reserves' and not get too carried away. There's a fine line between confident and cocky.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Mitiamo to set their sights on a grand final. Just missed a spot last year and look to have a better line up this year. That said, they should learn from Newbridge last year and to a certain extent Serp 'reserves' and not get too carried away. There's a fine line between confident and cocky.

Mitiamo needs to keep in the back of their minds:

Serp 2007 Reserves Premiers T-Shirts!

Haha

the only person who would say that from mitiamo would be Wicks, and no one takes any notice of him anyway cos everyone knows what hes like

How many grandfinals has Wicksy played in, whats his win and loss ratio. He is obviously loyal to Miti though, as much as he does like to brag, how many years has he played at Miti for and is there a reason he has not been lured to other leagues for bigger money???
It feels like he has been at Miti forever.

How many grandfinals has Wicksy played in, whats his win and loss ratio. He is obviously loyal to Miti though, as much as he does like to brag, how many years has he played at Miti for and is there a reason he has not been lured to other leagues for bigger money???

I think he played in there '99' FLAG and would have gone round when they lost the tight one in wet against Calivil in 03 and from there i reckon he would have played in a few Prelims 04 and 07 spring to mind.

The heresay around the traps (& i am the first to say i have no actual facts to back this up...) Is that Wicksy generally gets an advance on match payments and usually owes the club games come the end of each season - therefore he has to stay on the next season to repay them and not take offers from other clubs. Weather it's just a good tactic by miti to keep him from straying or just poor finance management from tim who knows - and as much as you miti folk will say it's crap, i have heard this at least a dozen times in the last 3 or so years - from Miti clubmen & people who know wicksy personally.

im from miti and i have heard that, but whether its true or not i dont know. i see mitch hall and david wood have signed up with bridgewater a couple of good young players there

This is all hypothetical but anyway let's thrash it out.

The option to play over-aged players would only be available to those clubs that could substaniate a short fall in numbers. You could predict that these sides would be in the bottom half of the ladder and as such an injection of 3 older kids would make the side a little more competitive however not so much that they dominate the comp.

Of course the primary benefit is the 3 kids stay at the club and you would think be more likely to play on with their home club in future years.

The 3 over -age kids that did play would most likely not be the most talented out of last years side as you would think the most talented would go through and play seniors or perhaps a mix of seniors and reserves in LVFL. Hence the most talented player would infact continue on playing at a level that challenges them and develops their game.

Conversly the over-aged players selected to stay in U17 would be more likely to be players that have not developed the skills to make senior or reserve level footy but could do with another year in the under age level to develop their game. So it becomes both a means to make up numbers but also develop your juniors.

There is also an arguement to kids born in the second half of the year struggle (particularly at representative level) when compared to kids born in the first half of the year. At the ages of 16,17 & 18, 6 months in age can make a pretty big difference. Maybe you could make a rule that the kids staying back are born in the second half of the year and therefore less likely to be a standout when playing back in U17's.

In regards to Smith from Calivil - every now and then one pops up that can really play. Of course they will go onto play senior footy - they are good enough. Ironically, you could argue that for this kid to reach his potential he would actually be better off playing BFL U18's then BFL seniors. But that is another arguement.

Finally, from my experience most 18 year old kids involved in footy want to play footy not be a trainer or club person. Shouldn't we give then every opportunity to do so? Just my opinion.

It is Under 17's, if they are 18 they are too old. It is rubbish to be allowed to have a few overage players lets move on.

As for this season. Mitiamo and Calivil are clear favourites for mine. Newbridge have not replaced any of their players so fifth might be the best they can hope for.

Miti, Calivil, Bridgey are clear three. Marong may well improve enough to get into finals we will see. YCW, Inglewood and Serp may not be much chop this season. Pyramid would fight for the bottom two spots in the five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back