Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Newbridge go in their last praccy match. Did any of their new recruits standout?

There was a post about the Practice match on the HDFL thread but it didn't give a score or much information.

Y.C.W had a hit out on the weekend against Wandella I think so maybe Bobbill can give us a run down on the Eagles performance.

There was a post about the Practice match on the HDFL thread but it didn't give a score or much information.

Y.C.W had a hit out on the weekend against Wandella I think so maybe Bobbill can give us a run down on the Eagles performance.

For you OTM, 6 quarter game. YCW only had 10 senior palyers the rest seconds. No score keep but YCW ended up winning by 3-4 goals. Good players were Al Duncan at full back who looks like he should step up from 2's and hold down a spot down back. Nathan Alford was good across half back and then went forward kicking a couple of goals. Shaun Kellow went well on-ball and also kicked 3 or 4 goals and James Coppock in the ruck.
A count up after the game was done on definite seniors players missing with a total of 12 missing. But still a good hit out for those involved.

The M'borough Castlemaine league has been put back by three weeks. The Avoca ground is in good condition. If any one up that way is interested in playing Avoca in a full scale practice match or would like to use the ground for a hit out on any of the Saturday's or Sundays of April 14th & 15th, 21st & 22nd, 28th & 29th the Secretary of the Avoca club can be contacted on 54653003 or mobile 0419 653003.

How did Newbridge go in their last praccy match. Did any of their new recruits standout?

Elmore won the game by 5 points after being 7 goals up at half time. Newbridge had some errors in the first half and didnt quite click until the third quarter which is normal with a lot of new players in a team.

Some of the new players who showed something included Trent McIntosh, a man mountain, Ben Rogers and Leon Nixon just to name a few.

The Big Shev did not play but should play in the next practice match being played on April 14.

Elmore had a system which they were used to playing but would to improve a lot if they want to challenge in the HDFL.

Newbridge are on the right track but as everyone knows Calivil are the team to chase and Pyramid will be hungry to win as will YCW.

Heard that Birchmore has got the boys at pyramid hill ready to tear the loddon valley apart this year. lost a few big names but with 8 seniors signings and a couple of young blokes out there tearing it apart on the track look ready for a massive year. Should be very hard to beat and by the sounds of things and should be a better side than last year!!

What players has Birchmore got with him?

Inglewood is playing Avoca this Satuday. It is being played at the Avoca oval which is in pretty good condition.

Senior Reserve & U17's football along with A & B grade netball.

How will YCW shape up for a praccy on Saturday?

I imagine they would be close to full strength roota... Season starts the following week, so everyone would be as keen as to get amongst it..

From previous posts sounds like they had a few out, but i'm sure this weekend they would be trying to get everyone on the park...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marong to play North Bendigo at Toolleen on Saturday. Marong's ground isn't up to it at the moment and without rain, might struggle to play their first couple of home games at the ground.

Yeah Lakes is still playing out at Newbridge. Had a pretty good year last year and seems set for another stella year! The man has one of the best set of hands in the LVFL.
i can agree with you there seen him play before.i might have to go and watch im this weekend where are they playing

Marong had a good hit out against North Bendigo yesterday, winning by about 4 goals.

Sam Milner made a great comeback, kicking 5 and giving plenty off. The Thompson twins and Leighton Dullard were among the most impressive of the new recruits.

With 4-5 senior players not playing, including Brad McCormick and Glenn Carson, expect Marong to return to their winning ways this season.

anyone know if mark holland from newbridge will be going around again this year???from round one or will he make his usual comeback about half way through...i know his knees are rooted and was wondering how he has been going,he doesnt run much in cricket..a handy slogger though..

Marong had a good hit out against North Bendigo yesterday, winning by about 4 goals.

Sam Milner made a great comeback, kicking 5 and giving plenty off. The Thompson twins and Leighton Dullard were among the most impressive of the new recruits.

With 4-5 senior players not playing, including Brad McCormick and Glenn Carson, expect Marong to return to their winning ways this season.

Good to see sammy back in the panther kit, hope he stays commited to playing all year as the way his beloved magpies are travelling at the moment he may not play some games to go watch them play as he has done in the past, has biff had an influnece on getting him back?

Leighton Dullard will be super pick up he will more then compensate the loss of kenny, i hope he inherits the famous number 34 gurnsey, that is if stevo fulton hasnt snatched it back, good to see te panthers back on the prowl for 07

North Bendigo won 3 games last year, so a 4 goal win isn't much to write home about, especially when you line up against a side like Newbridge in round 1.

North Bendigo won 3 games last year, so a 4 goal win isn't much to write home about, especially when you line up against a side like Newbridge in round 1.

Yer and while Sam Milner has some talent I would be surprised if he is committed enough to play week in week out. While I think Marong will lift up the ladder a bit the ''Marong to return to their winning ways'' might have been a bit much with their last Premiership coming in 1989 and plenty of years since then absent from the finals action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back