Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just because they are locals doesn't mean they aren't going to be getting some sort of money. I reckon it's fantastic that they get them back there to play.

As for flying ducks comment, who apart from the player themselves and the treasurer would know what any player in the club is on? That's right no one. Of course it's all speculation about who is doing what. I'll have a crack at who i reckon is getting coin at each club

Newbridge to me would be paying more than match payments to Comer, Wills, Shevlin, both Giri's, Lakey, Ash Grant, Baxter, McLean, Nixon, Hughes, Mildren, Cam Grant,

Pyramid Chillcot, Birchmore, Pavlou, Thatcher, Gilchrist, Marscheni, Bird,

Calivil, Fremantle, Both Demeo's, The Maxted's, The Allen's,

YCW, Rob Bennett, Lorring, McCormick, Webb, Turner, Keating,

Miti, Wicks, Haythorpe, Morriesy, Pratt, Boldiston, Wills, Shannon Hayes, Craig Nicholls,

Serp, Maxted, Pointon, Gadsden, Cox, Mensforth (even if he is in the twos), Bateman, McMurray, McNally, Pollock, Welch,

Bridgey Ashman, Ant Collins, Alex Collins, Christie, Hall, Ferguson, Clutton

Ingelwood Billett, Kelly, Connally, Wilson,

Marong Rogers, Both Thompsons, Brad McCormick, Sudweeks, Gadsden, Dahl, Blandthorn,

All educated guesses, don't shoot me down, let me know if you think i've missed any.

i agree with u on most of the players u hav listed.... but bird for pyramid... he's been playing there for 7 years now... he loves the club and the people around it.... i would say he's on shit all.....

they would have to spend up big, as who in their right mind would go to Pyramid for free, great town.....:thumbsdown:

Second that.

Given that I don't know how much players in my own club are getting paid, and am usually surprised when I find out who is and who isn't, I find it hard to believe anyone would be able to compile a list for the whole league with any authority.

[

Serp, Maxted, Pointon, Gadsden, Cox, Mensforth (even if he is in the twos), Bateman, McMurray, McNally, Pollock, Welch,

is this the steven cox from heathcote, if so how is he travelling this year.
is his younger brother shane still playing along side him ?

Tommy Guns, i've got no idea what anyone at any club is on. All i'm trying to do is get some sort of discussion going on the LVFL, the thread seems to die pretty quickly. The players listed are the ones in my opinion are playing footy for more than the local kid who has played there all his life. The players i have listed for your club though how do you reckon my list stacks up?

Old Saint, it is Steve Cox still out at Serp, Shane is playing in the twos, think he is working his way back from a nasty hamstring tear from 6 - 8 weeks ago when he finally had got back into the senior side alongside Steve. Steve still goes alright, although is getting on in years.

[

is this the steven cox from heathcote, if so how is he travelling this year.
is his younger brother shane still playing along side him ?

That would the one... Steve has played pretty well all year, had a couple of little niggles throughout the season which has meant he missed a few games.
Shane has been playing as well, kicked 11 in the twos a couple of weeks ago, but has had an injury interupted season.

FINALS DRAW FOR 2007

25th August Qualifying final Pyramid Hill
26th August Elimination Final Newbridge

1st September 2nd Semi Bridgewater
2nd September 1st Semi Marong

8th September Preliminary Inglewood

15th September Grand Final Bears Lagoon Serpentine

League B&F at Serpentine Hall 9th September

Interesting round of matches coming up this weekend

Serp v Newbridge - I think Newbridge will win comfortably, probably not as comfortably as last time they played Serp but an easy day at the office coming up. Apparently Serp is up to their old tricks and are stacking their reserves side (WTF?!?)

Ing v YCW - Who knows here, YCW could win by 30 goals or could get beat by 10. All depends on McCormick really if he kicks a few they seem to win, if he doesn't they usually fail. YCW have to win to have any hope of making the finals.

Marong v Bridgey - From all reports Bridgey has copped a season's worth of injuries in the last two weeks, apparently have got 9 senior players missing this week including Christie, Ashman and Symons. If Marong were ever going to cause a boilover this is probably the week. Marong to win i reckon.

Pyramid v Calivil - Grand Finalists from last year. Calivil are slowly awakening from their slumber to get ready for another finals tilt. This is their last game as they have a bye next week, Pyramid need to win to sew up a finals spot. Calivil though will be too strong.

Should make for an interesting final round next week if these results fall as Pyramid, Bridgey, YCW and Serp fighting out for the 4th and 5th spot on the ladder.

:thumbsu:I reckon Pyramid by a couple of goals .

They tell me they are fired up for what should be a great game .

i agree with ya on that mate... Pyramid hill will pump calivil this week..
other winners will be YCW comfortably, Newbridge by 100 points, Bridgy to win by a handy 5 goals....

just because they are locals doesn't mean they aren't going to be getting some sort of money. I reckon it's fantastic that they get them back there to play.

As for flying ducks comment, who apart from the player themselves and the treasurer would know what any player in the club is on? That's right no one. Of course it's all speculation about who is doing what. I'll have a crack at who i reckon is getting coin at each club

Newbridge to me would be paying more than match payments to Comer, Wills, Shevlin, both Giri's, Lakey, Ash Grant, Baxter, McLean, Nixon, Hughes, Mildren, Cam Grant,

Pyramid Chillcot, Birchmore, Pavlou, Thatcher, Gilchrist, Marscheni, Bird,

Calivil, Fremantle, Both Demeo's, The Maxted's, The Allen's,

YCW, Rob Bennett, Lorring, McCormick, Webb, Turner, Keating,

Miti, Wicks, Haythorpe, Morriesy, Pratt, Boldiston, Wills, Shannon Hayes, Craig Nicholls,

Bridgey Ashman, Ant Collins, Alex Collins, Christie, Hall, Ferguson, Clutton

Ingelwood Billett, Kelly, Connally, Wilson,

Marong Rogers, Both Thompsons, Brad McCormick, Sudweeks, Gadsden, Dahl, Blandthorn,

All educated guesses, don't shoot me down, let me know if you think i've missed any.

I think you have grossly overestimated some of those Newbridge guys and the money they would be getting.

other winners will be YCW comfortably, Newbridge by 100 points, Bridgy to win by a handy 5 goals....

Well, the hill beaten, but not disgraced, calivil play a good consistant game,
but don't worry, the hill will be there to play finals, dont worry YCW maybe next year:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, the hill beaten, but not disgraced, calivil play a good consistant game,
but don't worry, the hill will be there to play finals, dont worry YCW maybe next year:D

Dont Pyramid play Mitiamo last round? And YCW play Marong. I know which team I would be more confident of being in the Finals. And YCW was the team who troubled Newbridge the most other than the loss to Pyramid.

no nobhead pyramid play bridgewater last round ,and with the way bridgy have been going the last few weeks u would have to back the hill wouldnt ya? Serp play miti

Tommy Guns, i've got no idea what anyone at any club is on. All i'm trying to do is get some sort of discussion going on the LVFL, the thread seems to die pretty quickly. The players listed are the ones in my opinion are playing footy for more than the local kid who has played there all his life. The players i have listed for your club though how do you reckon my list stacks up?

Old Saint, it is Steve Cox still out at Serp, Shane is playing in the twos, think he is working his way back from a nasty hamstring tear from 6 - 8 weeks ago when he finally had got back into the senior side alongside Steve. Steve still goes alright, although is getting on in years.

Good on you for trying to get discussion going, because you're right, it can be lacking at times. You've still got to be ready to cop flack if you make rank calls though.

As for your accuracy on my club, about half the names lifted would receive compensation for fuel, and two of these would receive slightly more because they fill leadership roles.

big round of footy coming up this weekend, i dare say the YCW boys will be wishing Bridgey all the luck in the world as they need them to beat Pyramid to sneak into the finals (providing they can take care of Marong). Newbridge and Mitiamo will just want to get through without any injuries leading into the finals.

Should be an interesting finals series, although i'm not sure what the league executive were thinking in the allocation of finals, Qualifying Final at Pyramid Hill again? Don't they want people to go to the finals?

I see calivil got pumped by pyramid:confused:......... good call! Just like they were gonna pump them in the grand final last year, why dont you wait until they beat calivil and then you can talk them up:thumbsdown:

big round of footy coming up this weekend, i dare say the YCW boys will be wishing Bridgey all the luck in the world as they need them to beat Pyramid to sneak into the finals (providing they can take care of Marong). Newbridge and Mitiamo will just want to get through without any injuries leading into the finals.

Should be an interesting finals series, although i'm not sure what the league executive were thinking in the allocation of finals, Qualifying Final at Pyramid Hill again? Don't they want people to go to the finals?
well last years grandfinal was at miti there seem to be a fair crowd there whats another ten minutes up the road .How many people do u think they cramp into serp for the grandfinal this year been such a small ground?:confused:

the only reason it was a decent gate and supposed crowd last year at Mitiamo was because so many clubs had a side in the grand final, so supporters from many clubs made the trip up the road. Aside from that i don't reckon there were many people who were coming just to watch the footy.

Surely it makes sense to have the games closer to bendigo. Why else does a final at YCW or Marong get a significantly bigger crowd than Miti or Pyramid Hill. Surely the league can promote itself a little bit better.

Serp will be a nightmare like it was in 1996 for the game, crowded, cramped, hard to get a park, hard to get anything.

the only reason it was a decent gate and supposed crowd last year at Mitiamo was because so many clubs had a side in the grand final, so supporters from many clubs made the trip up the road. Aside from that i don't reckon there were many people who were coming just to watch the footy.

Surely it makes sense to have the games closer to bendigo. Why else does a final at YCW or Marong get a significantly bigger crowd than Miti or Pyramid Hill. Surely the league can promote itself a little bit better.

Serp will be a nightmare like it was in 1996 for the game, crowded, cramped, hard to get a park, hard to get anything.
they also have got the league count there as well ,where are they gunna put everyone?????????????? ycw i reakon wouldnt much different to serp ,but marong would be the go :thumbsu:

the league have worked out the only way to make the vote count an even worse night than it currently is, move it to a sunday night at Serp. Bravo league bravo.

Why not have it on a sunday afternoon somewhere and have the day finished at 6pm. Surely that makes for a more enjoyable night than sitting in the cold, $hitful Serp hall until 10:30 to hear Tim Wicks get beat in the last round again?

Seriously who is going to go?

are miti the marong football club relocating there seems to be quite a few panthers out at windy flats will be interesting to see how the go if theyt make the granny as none of them got a kick in the last one they played

i still don't reckon Miti will get near calivil or newbridge. the surprise packet might by Pyrmaid Hill if they can make the finals. Clear stand outs are Newbridge though and Calivil not far behind them.

The reserves looks a bit the same with Newbridge clear front runners. Looks as though Serp are stacking their side pretty heavily (for the glory of a two's flag, bravo), Calivil and YCW on the next rung, always there abouts.

The juniors is all Calivil, it's like the good old days when they just handed the demons the under 17's trophy each year, it looks as though they have got another good side together, Newbridge, Marong and YCW the dangers.

i still don't reckon Miti will get near calivil or newbridge. the surprise packet might by Pyrmaid Hill if they can make the finals. Clear stand outs are Newbridge though and Calivil not far behind them.

The reserves looks a bit the same with Newbridge clear front runners. Looks as though Serp are stacking their side pretty heavily (for the glory of a two's flag, bravo), Calivil and YCW on the next rung, always there abouts.

The juniors is all Calivil, it's like the good old days when they just handed the demons the under 17's trophy each year, it looks as though they have got another good side together, Newbridge, Marong and YCW the dangers.

Agree on all, know much about the netball, the hill girls looking to go back to back, or can someone knock them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back