Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wicksy will have to enjoy it, as he should miss the first half dozen games of next season with his cheap shot, and he did bait the crowd. Massive tool. Always has been.

Anyway, should be an interesting night at selection at Newbridge this week. I don't think they can go with Shev and Holland in the same team again. It didn't work at all on Saturday, and probably need someone who can play up forward, but also further up the ground and whilst a great team man, Holland isn't that player.

Also need to get M.Giri to work a bit harder. Has had a couple of ordinary weeks. Ralton and Lakey were great down back and Sam Mildren good up forward.

As for the twos, with blokes like McNally and Pointon, plus Cox running around for Serp, and Gordon, Holland, Ryan and Scullie taken out of the Newbridge side, it was always going to be a tough ask. The Maroons put up a good fight, but their delivery into the forward line wasn't good enough, whilst Pointon was hit on the chest every time Serp went inside 50.

Serp will win the twos in a canter.

Newbridge should win the seniors as long as they get something out of the big fella in the goal square!!

How's serp looking for the grandfinal (grass wise etc)? personally i think its one of the most ratshit grounds in the league.

Went and had a look at the ground on Saturday, was in a lot better condition than any of the other grounds that have been used for finals. Still pretty hard underneath but has a good cover of grass. Apparently they've got the go ahead to dump some more water on this week so should be in pretty good condition by the weekend.

serp's ground is a tough one, it can be awesome if we don't get rain and they can water it but if we get rain it quickly turns to crap. Thankfully we should have a good surface this weekend.

Hopefully we get a good day to showcase the biggest day on the calender. The two best sides have made the senior and under 17's game which is always good and we've got calivil vs serp in the two's.

U blokes out there who say Newbridge are spending so much money on this years side, You are all jumping on the Hate Newbridge band wagon with no facts to back it up. As i have posted before, apart from wills, all the recruits from this year have a connection or a history out there and they would not be paying anywhere near what you tools think.

Anyway, what a tool head wicks is from Miti, bowing to the crowd, calling the maroons chokers!! They r the ones that let the game go with 6-7 minutes to play. He will get plenty of weeks for his cheap shot that made ash grant even uglier! Newbridge have a fair bit of work to do to overcome Calivil this week, but with right mix of players and if they can kick straight they could end calivils run of flags.

I would like to also know who u cyber rats think the players r that throw the cheap shots. Nothing like getting over excited on your keyboard. Tall poppy syndrome at its best. Bag a club out for having a successful year but let the clubs that have been a massive dissapointment (YC, Serp, Pyramid) off the hook.

Go the Maroons!!!!

yeah thats wicks for ya.. a complete dic k head... but i don't see how you think Pyramid were a massive disappointment this year.. explain that one to me Cathead...

I wouldn't say Pyramid were as great of a disappointment as YCW but they were certainly a disappointment. I think your coach learnt a lot from the year. From the start he was spruiking off saying that they were going to challenge for the flag and in the end they just managed to scrape through. By the end of the year he coached with maturity but if he hadve done that from the start of the year I have no doubt they would have finished third. No doubt if they can keep the core nucleus of players as well as Chillcott they will be a force next year.

But for me YCW were the main disappointment. Bennett, McCormick, Loring all going through the year without firing a shot. Webb was ok in patches but found it harder playing in a miediocre side compared to the dominant Mounts. Connelly only plays well against lower rated opposition. Keating was good without being outstanding but it shouldn't be left to a bloke like him.

And from all reports it looks like it could be a struggle next year too

The Hillies have had a dissapointing year, recruiting well and then having a very ordinary patch thru-out the year which only allowed them to finish 5, just. Most clubs from last year improved apart from the ones mentioned and they went backwards. In the last half of the year, YC, Pyramid, Serp, all had their chances to cement their spot in the 5 but would lose the games they should win. Pyramid gone from being Grand Finalists one year to being beaten by Inglewood and then just making the 5 the next year. It might be Pyramids mind set that they are happy just to make up the numbers. but i know that i wouldnt be happy with falling like that, considering the standard of some of the other sides.

Dunno why it would be a dissapointment to lose to Inglewood? Maybe coz the coach got cocky and announced the woodies win was a fluke the previous week? Then hill were 4 goals up at 3/4 time and lost? Don't forget Inglewood won 4 games and could easily have won 8 (4 losses with combined losing margin of 28pts).

been a few disappointing sides, no more so than YCW, they didn't seem to lose many from last year, got webb and a few others and weren't able to really string anything together, maybe that's why the job has been advertised? Is McCormick any chance of staying on as coach or player?

LMFAO Ash Grant got a nice shiner. Good to see someone finally knocked him down a peg or two, even if it was Wicks. His nose actually looks straighter then before.

Calivil will win the final looking at Newbridges form. They make to many poor disposals.

I agree people should stop paying out of Newbridge for "buying" or rather attempting to buy the premiership. The new ins all have family history with the club as far as I can see.

Still we can all pay out on them choking when the finals come around. Two rather poor displays in two finals. I don't think they have what it takes to win when it matters.

The Hillies have had a dissapointing year, recruiting well and then having a very ordinary patch thru-out the year which only allowed them to finish 5, just. Most clubs from last year improved apart from the ones mentioned and they went backwards. In the last half of the year, YC, Pyramid, Serp, all had their chances to cement their spot in the 5 but would lose the games they should win. Pyramid gone from being Grand Finalists one year to being beaten by Inglewood and then just making the 5 the next year. It might be Pyramids mind set that they are happy just to make up the numbers. but i know that i wouldnt be happy with falling like that, considering the standard of some of the other sides.

The dissapointing teams have been bandied about but what about the biggest dissapointing recruits....

i will start it off by putting up Shannon Hayes from miti...i saw him on the weekend against a old man(gordon) and senior debutant(ryan) and didnt do alot...

what does everyone else think??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wicks by a mile from Baxter.

He did have the presence of mind to thank his supporters. The groans of disappointment from the crowd were evident every time his name was called out.

It's unfortunate that a player that is clearly as good as Tim Wicks is such a d ick head.
who got the seconds and the thirds:confused:

Jake Concol (plugger) won the thirds from YCW, and how loud were those YC girls up the back of the hall. One lass yelled out 'marry me plugger' when the young fella went up on the stage.

What did everyone else think about the vote count, was a bugger to have to drive out to Serp.
The hall was cramped, food was cold, put the company was great.

The dissapointing teams have been bandied about but what about the biggest dissapointing recruits....

i will start it off by putting up Shannon Hayes from miti...i saw him on the weekend against a old man(gordon) and senior debutant(ryan) and didnt do alot...

what does everyone else think??????

I agree with you Barry. I hear he came with a fairly hefty price tag which makes it even worse.

A few of the H/Cote boys had a look at Newbridge and Miti game they all said the standered of football is well below the Heathcote league .To be fair to the Lodden Valley people has anyone had a look at any final games in the H/Cote league if so give your opinion:thumbsu:

A few of the H/Cote boys had a look at Newbridge and Miti game they all said the standered of football is well below the Heathcote league .To be fair to the Lodden Valley people has anyone had a look at any final games in the H/Cote league if so give your opinion:thumbsu:

I think you'll find District Footy is District Footy, there isn't much difference between comps. Watching a game is a lot different to playing in a game, watching it can look much faster.

I think you'll find District Footy is District Footy, there isn't much difference between comps. Watching a game is a lot different to playing in a game, watching it can look much faster.

Lets not get into the HDFL v LVFL. Players from both leagues could carve up either.

On the Hayes thing, I never thought he was much chop. To small for a ruckman and to slow for a dominate CHB/CHF. He hangs his hat on coming 3 or 4th in HDFL league metal but everyone knows you only need 5 real outstanding games or so to win were as club b and fs you have to be consistantly good.

come on big ump, thats coming from a group of blokes that proberly played in that league without success (miti), look heathcote league is stronger, cause there is more money in the clubs so that means they get more talent in the one side,there are some very talented players in the lv, but there spread apart, have played in both leagues for many years,

Former Newbridge player in Tony Bellenger was a run away winner in the MCDFL's B & F award for 2007. Tony has lead the Avoca club into the Preliminary final aganst Caribrook this Saturday. A pretty impressive effort when you take into account that he is coaching a very similar list to the one that finished seventh last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back