Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
some players you may have missed out on bl/serp: n.mcnally, (i know he played 2s towards end of year but his early season form was good enough),h.mcnally ycw : d mccormick, calivil: freemantle, probably more. I wonder if anyone out there could make an lv team from the players who played in 2007. would certainly be an interesting discussion.

This is straight off the top of my head and could contain omissions of players that should be in there, and is based on all players playing at best form, not necessarily on 2007 form (although in K.Shevlin's case i have taken his 2007 weight not his playing weight from years ago) it's not done to start a little b!tch fight on here either, so here goes

B McKern (YCW) Maxted (Serp) C.Giri (New)
HB Ant Collins (B/W) Lakey (New) Turner (YCW)
C M.Smith (Cal) Comer (New) A.Demeo (Cal)
HF Rogers (Mar) Haythorpe (Miti) C.Thompson (Mar)
F Ashman (B/W) McCormick (YCW) Fremantle (Cal)
Fol Wicks (Miti) R.Maxted (Cal) Morrisery (Miti)
Int Baxter (New) Chilcott (P/H) James (P/H)

Fairly handy side that is very versitile. Apologies to about 20 other players who could easily slide in.

Talked a bloke with Huntly, completely untrue

Spoke with the big cheese last night he said he would be ver suprised if both hocking and riccardi didn't play a few games if not most games next year, they are also talking to Sholl and Billy should play a few games of the seconds an hopefully get him up for a training on a thursday night..... If you know what i mean

Follow HDFL pretty closely. Top 2-3 from each club in my opinion:

Elmore - Hayes, Grant, Fevleaki, Schuburt
Colbo - Lock (last year), Sammy Hill, Pinniger, Jacobs
Mounts - Carter, McCleary, Jamie Gee
Broadford - Dunne, Fletcher, Taylor
Heathcote - Meldrum, Waters, Featherstone
White Hills - J Angove, M Sawyer, B McConnell
Lockington - Bongiovanni, Newth, O'Brien
North Bendigo - Watson
Huntly - ?????? Adam Cambell

These would be some of the main players that would spring to mind if you were playing against these teams.

Just a few I was thinking

This is straight off the top of my head and could contain omissions of players that should be in there, and is based on all players playing at best form, not necessarily on 2007 form (although in K.Shevlin's case i have taken his 2007 weight not his playing weight from years ago) it's not done to start a little b!tch fight on here either, so here goes

Fairly handy side that is very versitile. Apologies to about 20 other players who could easily slide in.

Not bad Frank...it is a very subjective task to select the best team.

One thing I would like to point out is Clutton for B/W had a much, much better year than Anthony Collins at CHB...he was right up there with Lakey this year. (I know I am being picky)

yea pretty handy side i guess, but i think the one posted in the elvee is better in my opinion. like you said, there is many quality players to choose from, they cant all make the cut! would love them to give inter-league another:thumbsu: chance.

Not bad team. Agree though, Clutton to replace Collins. WOuld have Baxter starting rover (Bloke did come 2nd in league medal while constantly being heavy tagged). Dunno if id have too many YCW defenders, they had A LOT OF GOALS kicked on them this year :D Nathan McNally, while a very good player, didn't play 1's very much due to injuries so I didnt put him in the team of the YEAR. I didn't have Haythorpe in due to him coming in half way, the players i suggested where those who i thought played well THIS year, regardless of their reputation or previous years.

Gav James was selected if you look close enough buddy :thumbsu: I know goals win matches Frank, but where u swappin ur on ballers? Think u might of gone in a bit top heavy there. Who were the unlucky one's who missed a guernsey in ur 21 Frank? But its good to see some genuine comments coming through. Also, good to see the someone went through HDFL, looks like there could be some very good match ups if these names went head to head.

Not bad team. Agree though, Clutton to replace Collins. WOuld have Baxter starting rover (Bloke did come 2nd in league medal while constantly being heavy tagged). Dunno if id have too many YCW defenders, they had A LOT OF GOALS kicked on them this year :D Nathan McNally, while a very good player, didn't play 1's very much due to injuries so I didnt put him in the team of the YEAR. I didn't have Haythorpe in due to him coming in half way, the players i suggested where those who i thought played well THIS year, regardless of their reputation or previous years.

Gav James was selected if you look close enough buddy :thumbsu: I know goals win matches Frank, but where u swappin ur on ballers? Think u might of gone in a bit top heavy there. Who were the unlucky one's who missed a guernsey in ur 21 Frank? But its good to see some genuine comments coming through. Also, good to see the someone went through HDFL, looks like there could be some very good match ups if these names went head to head.

like i said it may not be a functional side but was used to show the depth and quality of player in the LVFL. It's hard picking a backline because they are traditionally under rated and when watching the footy you don't often give enough credit to the backline player simply assume the forward is having a dog of a day. Other players off the top of my head i thought of were:

L.Maxted (Cal)
B.Allen (Cal)
S.Dean (Cal)
S.Gilchrist (P/H)
X.Thompson (Mar)
Clutton (B/W)
Bateman (Serp)
Fawcett (P/H)
Bennett (YCW)
Webb (YCW)
Grieves (Cal)
Mildren (New)
Shevilin (New)
Wills (New)
McNally (Serp)

I haven't put a hell of a lot of thought into it, would be interested to see other peoples sides and also the one that was in the El Vee

Spoke with the big cheese last night he said he would be ver suprised if both hocking and riccardi didn't play a few games if not most games next year, they are also talking to Sholl and Billy should play a few games of the seconds an hopefully get him up for a training on a thursday night..... If you know what i mean

Billy wont be doing anything he is having major surgery on both his hip and ankle Dec & Jan

L.Maxted (Cal)
B.Allen (Cal)
S.Dean (Cal)
S.Gilchrist (P/H)
X.Thompson (Mar)
Clutton (B/W)
Bateman (Serp)
Fawcett (P/H)
Bennett (YCW)
Webb (YCW)
Grieves (Cal)
Mildren (New)
Shevilin (New)
Wills (New)
McNally (Serp)

I haven't put a hell of a lot of thought into it, would be interested to see other peoples sides and also the one that was in the El Vee[/quote]
this is the elvee side.
b- c. giri c. lakey s. mcmurray
hb-r.welch s. turner d. clutton
c- c. grant s. baxter c. millard
hf- r.maxted s. mildren g. connelly
f- c. nicholls m. chillcott k. ashman
fol- t. wicks b. comer b. rodgers
int- c. innes r. haythorpe a. demeo

wouldnt say that adam campbells a good pick up for miti . over rated like many in the lvfl .

What a ridiculous statement. Show me a league that doesn't have over rated players.

On Campbell; from what I understand the offer made by Mitiamo was far in excess of the quality of the footballer. If Miti are going to give him more than he's worth, good luck to the bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ridiculous statement. Show me a league that doesn't have over rated players.

On Campbell; from what I understand the offer made by Mitiamo was far in excess of the quality of the footballer. If Miti are going to give him more than he's worth, good luck to the bloke.
looks like mitiamo are the early fav for the flag if providing they keep the team from last year and with all these new recruits campbell,closhey,saunders,eve and orton they may go a step further and play off in a grand final. spending some dollars only time will tell if its worth it.:D:D:D

looks like mitiamo are the early fav for the flag if providing they keep the team from last year and with all these new recruits campbell,closhey,saunders,eve and orton they may go a step further and play off in a grand final. spending some dollars only time will tell if its worth it.:D:D:D

Is Billy Grant still coach??? His son would be a top pick up if they could get him away from Elmore

the only change i would make to this line-up would be to get rid of TIMOTHY WICKS and replace him with a descent ruckman like CALEB SMITH.

it isnt my side although it is a terrific team on paper theres no way id have wicks in, league medal or no league medal, agree with alot of the players in the team think, a terrific effort by matt smith too be even considered for it at his age. be very interesting too see if all of these players are in the lv next year and how many would we be talking about being in a team of the year in 12 mths time.

One could be excused for thinking they are recruiting a super rules team Clohesy is as old as my grandma, Saunders is 10 years older than that and Eve is somewhere in between not sure how that makes them improve and if they are paying those types of blokes any sort of cash they will end up where Huntly is.

has anyone else got any recruiting news?

Heard that Adam Rout has put pen to paper at Marong. A few from Elmore to follow now that he has signed.

Andy Barry is back from overseas and is likely to be lining up with the Panthers again next season along with brother Dale. Marong are close to signing (if they haven't already) a couple of blokes from South (good 2nds players I think), a couple from Harcourt and 1 quality midfielder from Golden Square. Not sure of names at this stage.

I hear the Barry boys are looking at playing locally again. Spoke to Dale on the weekend wants to play but doesn't want to train ever again. Apparently Andy is keen to play at Marong or maybe BFL for a year, wants to know what its like to have a big ego. Lets hope they both sign before December so they can get right in to the pre-season. See you and your Mo there Dogga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back