Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The American-style giant bird’s head trend needs to go (Baltimore Ravens, Phili Eagles etc.) I’d like to see Hawthorn re-embrace their old Hawk on a football motif (although people see that and think Tottenham Hotspur).

The crows have so much potential with three strong colours and the crow moniker. Their current logo has long been my least favourite (even lower than Gold Coast!)

I had similar thoughts on Adelaide and the bird head. Made these (sorry for the quality, using screen caps as on phone)
Screenshot_20240809_082250_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240809_081814_Chrome.jpg

I hope this is the route they go down tbh (I have not been contacted about its use so either it’s not, or (less likely) they haven’t seen mine and independently came to the same idea)

I hope this is the route they go down tbh (I have not been contacted about its use so either it’s not, or (less likely) they haven’t seen mine and independently came to the same idea)

Like it! Yellow collar and sleeves needed on the home guernsey though imo. It's a feature of our history, bit like Ports white panel on the back.

New Melbourne United logo coming tomorrow.
Screenshot_20240811-181442-495.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811-182311-075.png
    Screenshot_20240811-182311-075.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 40
How can they be called Melbourne United when SEM exists? Surely a return of the Tigers is the way forward?

How can they be called Melbourne United when SEM exists? Surely a return of the Tigers is the way forward?
Still not a fan of the Melbourne United name (or Geelong United) but if they returned to Melbourne Tigers their appeal to a lot of junior players that play against the (now seperate) Melbourne Tigers that still exist at that level goes out the window.

Logo change confirmed, I guess the prominent basketball makes it look less like a soccer team with the name 'United'

While I'm not huge on basketball, a subtle nod to the Tigers would've been great, something like this
Hmm, why do these colours look familiar 🤔
Melb-United-Tigers-Stroke.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"United" is a terrible nickname for a basketball team, I understand the reason behind it, but the whole brand was, and is, hopelessly generic.

This was a perfect opportunity to inject some sort of personality, but looks like they're staying as a create-a-team

As a Melbourne United fan, injecting personality is exactly what they've done. The primary logo and secondary logos along with it are significantly better than what we had. Rebranding to United will always leave a sour taste for some people, but I think this identity represents Melbourne as a city alot more, especially the colours. Yeah, the United name is a bit left of centre, and not having a 'mascot' can be odd, but you can't argue that it hasn't paid off.

I must be the only one that likes the current bombers logo. Everyone wants to do away with the 2000s as if we're living in a better decade right now... 2016 was the last good year.

I really think it’s still a good logo. However I’ve seen versions of it in the rooms where it’s just red on black. Think that would make it look stronger and more minimal

Seeing this font all of a sudden pop up everywhere on socials and game day visuals. Perhaps featuring in the new logo?
IMG_4971.jpeg
IMG_4970.jpeg
I'm hoping you had a part to play in it. Your Saints logo refresh ideas were perfect.
Had a bit of communication with the graphic designers of the club, but nothing eventuated

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back