LONG BOMBS TO DAWIE

Remove this Banner Ad

If only we could lob em on his head better. That said he got hands on plenty, he and Petrie crashed into each other plenty.......

is it just me or does daw keep misjudging where a ball is going to land. i noticed it last year as well.

is it just me or does daw keep misjudging where a ball is going to land. i noticed it last year as well.

He does not protect the drop of the ball. Needs games and better timing.

Runs underneath. Gets pushed underneath. Opposite to Currie in that he has soft hands. Low trajectory balls go between his hands.

May suffer from Greg Chappell syndrome who after a season of ducks was asked if he was actually watching the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs the exposure at this level and needs to learn to out body his direct opponent one on one. We know what he can do when he has a run at it, he just needs to add to his game.

He is such a presence on the field that his teammates see a long bomb to him as the easy option.

Can't say he doesn't get much of a go at it though. He frustrates me that he keeps running under it and going up one-handed but we need to persist with him.

If he gets his positioning and timing right (and the only way that happens is through regular AFL matches not at Werribee), we've got a 50+ goal forward.

He is such a presence on the field that his teammates see a long bomb to him as the easy option.

Can't say he doesn't get much of a go at it though. He frustrates me that he keeps running under it and going up one-handed but we need to persist with him.

If he gets his positioning and timing right (and the only way that happens is through regular AFL matches not at Werribee), we've got a 50+ goal forward.

He consistently overruns where the ball will land and runs for marks with one hand.

This is ****ing COACHABLE, so COACH him.

He gets pushed under almost every drop. Why doesn't he have a contest with an opponent rather than trying to leap at it from a run up? He's 6'4" and 94kg ffs.

Had bad delivery, then ran under a few, took a beauty, went a few one handed, took a couple.

Was still our best forward today.

It's a concern surely. He was easily the most dangerous tall forward for our team. That is a serious concern.

He gets pushed under almost every drop. Why doesn't he have a contest with an opponent rather than trying to leap at it from a run up? He's 6'4" and 94kg ffs.

Cos he doesn't know how. He was as useless today parked under the ball as he was from a run up. He doesn't now how to use his height, weight or strength at all. He's a talent no doubt. But it's that raw I don't know how much patience we can afford to see if we can ever really get a week-in week-in bona-fide AFL player out of him.

WTF is going on with Black?

Orange is the New Black. We need this guy.

MrOrange.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

LONG BOMBS TO DAWIE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back