Toast Looking for the Lynch Toast Thread ?

Remove this Banner Ad

10 sausage rolls against anyone is an enormous effort, so a huge congratulations must go to him. However, he still doesn't excite me like the first time a Modra, Walker, Hentschel did when they kicked a bag for the first time. I don't think he is a 50 goal forward.

If it was Tex who kicked 10 today, we would have 50 threats on it, but this guy still has a way to go before saying he is a go to guy.

However, well done Tommy, you were amazing today.

Bout time we had a good news story at the club.

Awesome effort. Really enjoying the attempts in other posts trying to down play it.

Tommy X. Get around him.

Only the 5th Crow to score more than the opposition. The 4 others occurred in the same game vs Freo back in 09 where they only score 13 points or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only the 5th Crow to score more than the opposition. The 4 others occurred in the same game vs Freo back in 09 where they only score 13 points or something.

Haha, that Freo game was hilarious

Then Freo dropped Murphy the next week after he kicked their only goal that night. Would be the only time a player was dropped after kicking all the team's goals the week before i'd assume!

I wonder what this will do for the guys confidence?

I have always seen something and just thought that he would be a solid player, but can he become something more??

He looks to be a player who knows how to find the football as a lead up player and also knows how to find the odd goal (good set shot). But today he was more of a focal point closer to goal and he seemed to thrive on it in terms of confidence.

I am interested to see how he goes about it for the next few games

Actually I was. Just finished watching the replay and thought I would come on here to join the celebrations. Thought I might have opened an old page and was about to refresh it when I saw this thread.

Congratulations to Tom. I thoroughly enjoyed his haul of 10 which so easily could have been 11. Well done.

With Walker and Johnston both injured, and Lynch showing he can contribute even with all three of our ruckmen in the side, surely he stays in the team for the rest of the year now?

I liked the little we saw on Lynch last year and would be very happy to see him given an extended run. I don't expect him to kick 10 goals again, but wouldn't be surprised to see him regularly score multiple goals and end up with a modest 35-45 or so for the season.

With Walker and Johnston both injured, and Lynch showing he can contribute even with all three of our ruckmen in the side, surely he stays in the team for the rest of the year now?

I liked the little we saw on Lynch last year and would be very happy to see him given an extended run. I don't expect him to kick 10 goals again, but wouldn't be surprised to see him regularly score multiple goals and end up with a modest 35-45 or so for the season.

35-45 would be a great return

Need about 30-40 from Danger and Jenkins too and we'll be looking a lot more dangerous than when Tex's knee went

I'll admit I'd tagged Lynch as a handy player but nothing special. Thought he could play a role as a roaming forward on a half forward flank, covering plenty of ground but not providing a genuine marking option. Will watch with interest in the next month.

I desperately wanted him in and end of last year as a ball getter but more importantly someone that actually knows how to lead but also something our team been missing for years and that is creating goals out of nothing .
Great effort and probably never get 10 again or get regular 3 or anything but will continue to add a great leading forward that knows how to kick a goal .
Have to ask why Sando and Bicks took so long to pick him and if Porps - Pets and Stiffy didnt play so bad for so many weeks would he been given opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back