Streaming Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the detail in Sauron and Celembrimbor’s ‘relationship’. The story of Numenor, Elendil and Isildur. The Dwarves and Elves. Legendary Stories that were touched on in LOR and playing out in detail in this show.

Never read the books/appendices whatever the hell they were. Just read LOTR and loved it like most others. Enjoying this show a lot..don’t mind other commenting they don’t like it as some interesting stuff anyway. But do find the animosity quite amusing at times

I finally figured out what's been really jarring to me watching season 2 in particular and it's really preventing me from immersing myself into the show.

Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 8.02.55 pm.png

Dude looks like he works in finance and wears RM Williams but is cheaply cosplaying for a toga toga party and this goes similarlyfor a lot of the background actors too.

I finally figured out what's been really jarring to me watching season 2 in particular and it's really preventing me from immersing myself into the show.

View attachment 2113624

Dude looks like he works in finance and wears RM Williams but is cheaply cosplaying for a toga toga party and this goes similarlyfor a lot of the background actors too.
Yeah, he's the one that I was saying is really hamming it up in the Numenor storyline.

If you don't like the show, don't watch it. It's simple. We (people who like the show) really don't give a crap that you don't like it and the reasons why you don't like it.

Go Away Leave GIF by Martin
That always works.

1726575830497.png

Unlike The Acolyte, we are going to get five seasons of this show (at this stage). Don't get me wrong; I don't mind people critiquing an episode and pointing out its flaws, etc. But this internet thing of just being negative for the sake of being negative just gets old. Very few TV shows are perfect. This one does have flaws, but I still find it OK.

Unlike The Acolyte, we are going to get five seasons of this show (at this stage). Don't get me wrong; I don't mind people critiquing an episode and pointing out its flaws, etc. But this internet thing of just being negative for the sake of being negative just gets old. Very few TV shows are perfect. This one does have flaws, but I still find it OK.

Amazon have to keep making noises that there will be further seasons otherwise the viewership of season 2 will drop off a cliff. But season 3 hasn't been greenlit so far. It's a very expensive show and if the viewing figures are low there will be pressure to cancel it.

Viewing figures appear to be well down on season 1 and declining as the season progresses. The first three episodes of season 2 were the second-most-watched streaming original series in the US. It was beaten by Worst Ex Ever, which is a cheaply made documentary series. RoP has now sunk to 4th place in the rankings with apparently half the audience dropping out.

Amazon have to keep making noises that there will be further seasons otherwise the viewership of season 2 will drop off a cliff. But season 3 hasn't been greenlit so far. It's a very expensive show and if the viewing figures are low there will be pressure to cancel it.

Viewing figures appear to be well down on season 1 and declining as the season progresses. The first three episodes of season 2 were the second-most-watched streaming original series in the US. It was beaten by Worst Ex Ever, which is a cheaply made documentary series. RoP has now sunk to 4th place in the rankings with apparently half the audience dropping out.

It's getting beaten by this in the UK.

1726674437491.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Back