Streaming Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw today on X that the show has rated 2nd on Neilson Ratings in America for streaming shows watched, with over a billion minutes watched of Season 2. Yes, that's a billion. Apparently, this is down on Season 1 which was 1.2 billion minutes, but still a pretty good result for the show.

There's no doubt about it: this series is a hot mess. I completely understand why some people hate it, as it messes with canon so badly that you have to laugh at times. However, I don't know why, but I just kind of dig it for some reason.

It wasn't the worst TV battle I've ever seen in ep 7 even if neither the Orcs or Elves fought with any kind of actual battle tactics. It was like one big bar brawl with swords. But it was OK. I did enjoy the troll part.

The controversial kiss was odd, considering Galadriel is Elronds mother-in-law. That was one of those moments that made me laugh.

We always have to remember that Prime never actually got the rights to The Silmarillion, so this is basically fan fiction based loosely on the original story. I guess that's why I'm more forgiving of its flaws than some others.

Last edited:
I dont follow canon so I didnt know about the relationship. But then again
I dont think Adar did and that was the maguffin to pass on the object

Not sure why the spoiler as I dont think too many are watching. Well the ones that admit they still are.

We know you watch it still

Was that the last episode for this season? I'm not sure and the story wrap didnt feel like an ending - but it could also possibly be one

I'm along for the ride and whatever happens I will judge at the moment

I dont follow canon so I didnt know about the relationship. But then again
I dont think Adar did and that was the maguffin to pass on the object

Not sure why the spoiler as I dont think too many are watching. Well the ones that admit they still are.

We know you watch it still

Was that the last episode for this season? I'm not sure and the story wrap didnt feel like an ending - but it could also possibly be one

I'm along for the ride and whatever happens I will judge at the moment
Nah I think three more

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Back