Lovett set for breakout year - Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't need to change. He simply needs to grow up; he's immature, and acted so. He'll be fine, and a very very good player.

Growing up, taking responsability for your actions , maturing.
They are all aspects of making a change to your life. It is not some sort of auto function where suddenly it happens. You have to take a look at yourself and want to do it.
Merv is right he has to change and he has to have the drive to stick to it.

Yeah, I noticed he was heading that direction well before the break. You could tell from the photos of him training. Good move by him and probably Knights/Fitness staff, he has always been very solid in the upper body and with a roaming role he won't need as much muscle as he has previously had.

Thats correct. He did say he was trying last year to do it, but was finding it a difficult thing to do half way through the season. Over the break the fitness staff have obviously been able to make a specific training/weight/diet schedule for him to follow.

Very few people change who they are deep down.

Sure Lovett might change his attitude and might train a lot harder but in the heat of the battle he will most likely revert to who he is.

That doesn't mean he can't be a good player but don't expect him to come out and be superman all year.

He will still have lazy patches and times when he doesn't commit his body in certain situations but he will most likely be a more consistent player than what he has been.
Wow, that's quite a negative post. There is no reason why Lovett cannot change his former attitude to Football and after having many home truths spoken to him perhaps it will finally motivate him to get the best out of himself.

Medhurst is an obvious example of a player that changed dramatically after receiving a shock (in his case actually being traded) and I can see Lovett in the same vein readjusting himself to the advantage of Essendon.

Good luck to Andrew:thumbsu:

Wow, that's quite a negative post. There is no reason why Lovett cannot change his former attitude to Football and after having many home truths spoken to him perhaps it will finally motivate him to get the best out of himself.

Medhurst is an obvious example of a player that changed dramatically after receiving a shock (in his case actually being traded) and I can see Lovett in the same vein readjusting himself to the advantage of Essendon.

Good luck to Andrew:thumbsu:

I don't think Merv is being negative Bomba, just think he is showing just concern, and appreciating that it is not easy to get ones self straightened out from being in a bad headspace. While he might be fully committed to changing his attitude, he may have moments where he lapses into his old habits. Just human nature. But we all no doubt are right behind him in his endeavours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett set for breakout year - Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back