Lovett to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, Buchanan isn't that shit, he is a goer. he just has been injured and the Swans coaching staff have high opinions of him. He does perform well in finals and that could be great for the Bombers to have.

Downhill player at best. Fails to work hard when the going gets tough. I'd be tempted if we were to go for a fringe player to go for Barlow or someone like that. At least he has potential.

Downhill player at best. Fails to work hard when the going gets tough. I'd be tempted if we were to go for a fringe player to go for Barlow or someone like that. At least he has potential.

Barlow won't be going anywhere. lol

The only other player we could trade that is young would be Jarred Moore. He has potential and is another in and under midfielder. Like you said, he is a fringe player for the Swans and could go well at another club who is willing to give him more chances.

WOW! you are so wrong it's just not funny.

Buchanan is NOT a downhill player. He's actually a tough nut that goes and gets his own ball, and has influenced a number of games in the red and white.

Then you go on to mention Barlow.... one of the most maligned youngsters on our list due to his downhill skiing abilities.

WOW! you are so wrong it's just not funny.

Buchanan is NOT a downhill player. He's actually a tough nut that goes and gets his own ball, and has influenced a number of games in the red and white.

Then you go on to mention Barlow.... one of the most maligned youngsters on our list due to his downhill skiing abilities.

You have to realize you're talking to bombersno1 who has no idea about football.

LOL. I'd trade Barlow in a flash over Buchanan. Especially if the two were considered interchangable. I don't mind Barlow and he has the physical tools to suggest he could become an excellent player. But having watched him for 4 years, I suspect the chances of him actually realising his physical potential aren't that great.

Buchanan finished in the top 5 in our B&F in our premiership year and backed it up the following year with another impressive season. Since then I think his fitness has dropped off a notch, some of it attributable to niggling injuries. But if you want someone who has decent - not express - pace, especially over short distances, puts his head over the ball, wins a fair amount of contested possessions, and is very clever distributing the ball around the 50m arc, Buchanan would be a pretty good choice. Personally I hope we keep him because his best is very very good. But he could be a player who would benefit from a change of scenery.

In terms of Lovett, it is only the press that have decided Sydney is the "favourite" and probably based on the idea we were interested last year. Roos went cold on the idea of Lovett reasonably quickly, after talking with him (reported that he formed the view Lovett wasn;t interested in a move to Sydney) so would probably take some convincing that Lovett has changed his mind.

To be honest, Buchanan isn't that shit, he is a goer. he just has been injured and the Swans coaching staff have high opinions of him. He does perform well in finals and that could be great for the Bombers to have.

Can you honestly look at what we're giving up, and say that Buchanan is fair compensation?

Can you honestly look at what we're giving up, and say that Buchanan is fair compensation?

If you want fair, Sydney is probably the best club to deal with. We're known for giving up more than we usually should (See Ted and Chambers, plus many more). I think if you got pick 22 and Buchs you'd be doing as good as you could hope, most teams aren't compensated adequately when it comes to trading but I can't see the Swans trying to shaft Essendon or any other team.

If you want fair, Sydney is probably the best club to deal with. We're known for giving up more than we usually should (See Ted and Chambers, plus many more). I think if you got pick 22 and Buchs you'd be doing as good as you could hope, most teams aren't compensated adequately when it comes to trading but I can't see the Swans trying to shaft Essendon or any other team.

For Lovett, that's probably a fair deal.

But if we did that, we'd be trading 10, 22 and 26 to Port for Burgoyne according to the trade I was disputing. That is daylight robbery.

Can you honestly look at his age and we're supposedly got an ageing list, or so the media, tell us.

:confused:

For Lovett, that's probably a fair deal.

But if we did that, we'd be trading 10, 22 and 26 to Port for Burgoyne according to the trade I was disputing. That is daylight robbery.

If you bring another trade into it, sure, but I was just talking about Essendon & Sydney.

10, 22 and 26 is too high for Burgoyne imo. 10 and 22 should be enough, but it probably wont be. Ahh, trade week is so much fun huh?

:eek:

Edit: Para, when did BtG mention Jarrad McVeigh?

If you bring another trade into it, sure, but I was just talking about Essendon & Sydney.

10, 22 and 26 is too high for Burgoyne imo. 10 and 22 should be enough, but it probably wont be. Ahh, trade week is so much fun huh?

:eek:

Edit: Para, when did BtG mention Jarrad McVeigh?

He didn't, but other Essendon supporters are keen on McVeigh and I would firebomb the Swans if we ever trade him.

Some other Bombers fans are asking for a star in return for Lovett. I just don't think we will be trading any of our stars for Andrew Lovett. It's not worth the risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't, but other Essendon supporters are keen on McVeigh and I would firebomb the Swans if we ever trade him.

Some other Bombers fans are asking for a star in return for Lovett. I just don't think we will be trading any of our stars for Andrew Lovett. It's not worth the risk.

I did see one Essendon supporter mention McVeigh on their board, but I'm sure it was just a joke. No fair minded person would expect McVeigh for Lovett, if they were the same age then it'd be a fair trade but I'd want us to keep Jarrad.

McVeigh will turn elite soon.

No way is he goin to get traded, plus he just re-signed and his future captain so I doubt he'll leave

*McVeigh will turn elite soon.

No way is he goin to get traded, plus he just re-signed and his future captain so I doubt he'll leave

*Provided he can stay fit

If he gets over his niggling injuries then he'll be very close to elite next season, I have no doubts about that.

McVeigh straight swap for Lovett?

You'd struggle to find an Essendon supporter who'd be unhappy with 10 + Lovett for McVeigh.

No thanks, we put 4 years of development into him before he came good, now we are going to reap the rewards, instead of trading him away for a pick 10 who will need development and a guy who will give us 4 yeaqrs of service

McVeigh straight swap for Lovett?

You'd struggle to find an Essendon supporter who'd be unhappy with 10 + Lovett for McVeigh.

You've found one. I would give pick 10 for McVeigh.....just. McVeigh's got to be 25'ish. But I think there's a snowball's chance of McVeigh coming down here.

McVeigh for Lovett plus pick 10 is crazy.

McVeigh's not going anywhere, so Essendon fans can just stop dreaming about that scenario.

I'd say, if Lovett goes to Sydney, it'd probably have to be for Sydney's 2nd round pick.

And if I was Sydney, that'd be all I offer, otherwise Lovett walks in the PSD.

I do see where you are coming from but my reason for going for the upgrade is because of a higher list turn over from the swans this year don't get me wrong if a trade is done with the swans it will most likely be there 2nd round pick but just say you have to pick up say 5 players what would you rather.
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th or
2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th
now although the later picks can be spaced within 3 spaces because other clubs pass this is meant to be a shallow draft which is a stong reason for and against but i do believe that players make their own destiny just some have more talent anyway i'm not a recuiter but i still reckon we might be able to pull it off.

I would rather the one that includes pick 6.....

I did see one Essendon supporter mention McVeigh on their board, but I'm sure it was just a joke. No fair minded person would expect McVeigh for Lovett, if they were the same age then it'd be a fair trade but I'd want us to keep Jarrad.

If they were the same age we'd still be ripping you off monumentally.

Would have no problem giving pick 10 + Lovett for McVeigh, Swans would never go for it though.

If they were the same age we'd still be ripping you off monumentally.

Would have no problem giving pick 10 + Lovett for McVeigh, Swans would never go for it though.

Shit you're level headed, are you on the right forum?

Seriously though, really good to see some serious discussion without bias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back