Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Supporters perhaps tired of being begged-at by the club for a $40 million budget blow-out stand and massive debt?

I have found that very disillusioning, considering dropping my membership next year, because they are just pouring our hard earned cash into developers pockets. It's the old saying: it's easy to spend when it's not your money.

That has turned me off going to the games too, seems I'm not alone, the club has lost its way.
But the club will really miss your whining, bitching, and victim mentality.
Please stay. The club will never improve without your pathetic bitching.

But the club will really miss your whining, bitching, and victim mentality.
Please stay. The club will never improve without your pathetic bitching.

All i see you doing is going around slagging off individuals having opinions.

Meanwhile, you have none except opinions on their opinions.

What a hero.

• Hard financial times, add MCG food being incredibly expensive to that
  • Wet weather, peoples weather tolerance has become pretty shit since covid I've noticed.
  • Train project works
  • Team performance (People more likely to not care about above factors if team performs well I guess.)
  • Umpiring and constant AFL rule changes etc
Also Sunday games have a pretty meh vibe about them in general.

Wet weather?? I was in a tshirt and shielding my eyes for the 1st half. piss poor excuse. These excuses wouldnt be listed if we were on top of the ladder. We just have a shit load of bandwagoners who only show up when things are going right.
Then sook when they can't get GF tickets.

It was the ****ing Giants and we’re 18th.
Get over it.
No Way Reaction GIF

We're still 4th for attendances in the AFL:thumbsu:
Last time we won the spoon we had the 3rd highest H&A attendance in the AFL:thumbsu:

Yep "bandwagoners"....:$
if we were top 4 you could at least double the attendance for the game today. So yes, we have plenty of bandwagoners (like every other club).

Meh. 3.20 Sunday in winter vs a manufactured club against a side who is 18th and still getting fisted by the afl and the umps. 90k turned up for Martin they will go if they want to. Reading far too much into it
This. It is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh. I didn't exactly attend every game when we were in the middle of our dynasty, not sure why I'm expected to attend every game now.

Despite having a 11 home game membership I only attend 6-8 games a year. I'm not attending any more or less than I usually am.

I paid for my membership and the club has my money regardless if I turn up or not.

I'm kind of laughing at people who puff their chest out saying what a great supporter they are for attending every game. It's kind like how people puff out thier chests saying "look how many platinum PlayStation trophies I have" trying to show they are a real gamer. Well good for them I guess if that is what is important to them in life, for me on the other hand footy and playing games is just an interest/hobby that is a side note of other more important things in my life.

Meh. 3.20 Sunday in winter vs a manufactured club against a side who is 18th and still getting fisted by the afl and the umps. 90k turned up for Martin they will go if they want to. Reading far too much into it
We’re not really being cornholed by the umpires anymore , might be a bad 1 or 2 that’s nothing out of ordinary, we still had more frees tho the cnts finished with 4 or more in a row and a couple of flimsy ones like downfield for pure bs

Meh. I didn't exactly attend every game when we were in the middle of our dynasty, not sure why I'm expected to attend every game now.

Despite having a 11 home game membership I only attend 6-8 games a year. I'm not attending any more or less than I usually am.

I paid for my membership and the club has my money regardless if I turn up or not.

I'm kind of laughing at people who puff their chest out saying what a great supporter they are for attending every game. It's kind like how people puff out thier chests saying "look how many platinum PlayStation trophies I have" trying to show they are a real gamer. Well good for them I guess if that is what is important to them in life, for me on the other hand footy and playing games is just an interest/hobby that is a side note of other more important things in my life.
I mainly go to only home games with my res seat with a mate of mine , so needs to be pretty ordinary not to turn up ,,,like worse than yesterday . When we were flying I’d generally go to away games at the G too , not likely now rather play golf
I understand people not going , it’s not easy to watch tho yesterday was ok , we put up a fight

Would've loved to have been there... Kids footy clashes with Sunday afternoon fixtures so it's completely messed up any chance I've got of going to Tiges games every week.
It's gonna be rough in the next month with junior footy seasons wrapping up next week before finals start the week after.

I bought one of those long sleeve thermal singlets for the cold weather.
Just put on more layers if it's too cold.
I love an icy cold day at the G.

Real footy weather.

I enjoyed the day despite the loss.

Lots of positives and saw the last bits of our VFL team including a cracking goal in the last quarter that sent the faithful alight.
Alannah and Maddeline merch was great also.
Got a beanie.

Spend a winter in Toronto and I guarantee you will think our winters are shorts weather.
I didn't go because of the train works and getting home would have been a nightmare.
Otherwise would have gone, but not overly unhappy I didn't.
We play a horrible style of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back