Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Obviously everyone went to training because there's nothing on it in the forum.

Luke Ball trained!!... I'm happy. I know the club gave a lot of "trust me" statements but I thought something major had happened to him. Of course, he still mightn't pull up well tomorrow or he might be a last minute withdrawl but it's good to know that he's got a good chance of playing.

Obviously, Malthouse had a plan B and obviously that wasnt the cheesemeister, but Luke has become a key part of the mix in the last half of the season.

Interesting to see Meds, Leon and Presti stayed back after the main group trained...

Obviously everyone went to training because there's nothing on it in the forum.

Luke Ball trained!!... I'm happy. I know the club gave a lot of "trust me" statements but I thought something major had happened to him. Of course, he still mightn't pull up well tomorrow or he might be a last minute withdrawl but it's good to know that he's got a good chance of playing.

Obviously, Malthouse had a plan B and obviously that wasnt the cheesemeister, but Luke has become a key part of the mix in the last half of the season.

Interesting to see Meds, Leon and Presti stayed back after the main group trained...

Ball playing will be a huge boost if he gets out there on Sat - he will just bust his gut and leave nothing in the tank to get us over the line - GO PIES

Meds, Leon and Presti most likely emergencies

Luke Ball didn't just train - There's three words, with no room for ambiguity.

HE. IS. HEALTHY.

Another three:

HE. WILL. PLAY.

That's all you need to know. There was no hindrance whatsoever, and I should know, as he was doing his hamstring stretches right in front of where I was standing.

From all observable evidence, there is zero injury to Luke Ball, and to think otherwise is just scaremongering.

I can't see Luke Ball not playing in the GF now.

I think Meds, Leon and Presti stayed behind because they are the biggest chances of playing in the GF this weekend out of the fringe group and I think the coaching staff wanted to work on them one-on-one to get more information on who to select. However I wasn't there so if you saw something else I would be intrigued to know.

EDIT: MyManDawes: From what I read on CFC and talking in the live chat on CFC he was kicking with his left foot but only kicked a long ball with his right foot.

COLLINGWOOD midfielder Luke Ball has successfully completed a one-hour training session on Wednesday morning and is set to take his place in the line-up for Saturday's grand final.

Ball was in good spirits and wore no strapping on his suspect hamstring at training.

He kicked with his left foot a number of times as well as having a few long shots at goal with his right boot.

I know the club gave a lot of "trust me" statements but I thought something major had happened to him. Of course, he still mightn't pull up well tomorrow or he might be a last minute withdrawl but it's good to know that he's got a good chance of playing.
There is nothing to suggest that it was more than cramp because if it was, then there is no way that he would have trained today, and no way that he would have participated in a touch session yesterday. I'm sure he has had quite a bit of hyperbaric oxygen therapy and I'm quite confident that he will be no worries.
Luke Ball didn't just train - There's three words, with no room for ambiguity.

HE. IS. HEALTHY. Another three: HE. WILL. PLAY.

That's all you need to know. There was no hindrance whatsoever, and I should know, as he was doing his hamstring stretches right in front of where I was standing.

From all observable evidence, there is zero injury to Luke Ball, and to think otherwise is just scaremongering.
That's definitely my understanding.

Did anyone see Luke kick with his left foot (the injured side)?

Yes one kick on L foot and was kicking freely with full action on R. He was also jumping freely off his L going for marks. He looks good to go.
No one was at full pace

Does anybody know why Ball walking about 20-30m behind the main playing group when they jogged off the field through the fenced off area after training?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Ball and Wed Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back