Luke Ball - mark it down now

Remove this Banner Ad

May 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mark that name down people - Luke Ball will be an absolute SUPERSTAR. Absolutely killing them in the Under 18 Championships at the moment, and he's only in Year 11!!!!

His brother Matthew is currently playing at Box Hill, let's hope Luke is drafted by the Hawks!

Please, no need to call me O goalden one! :D

He is currently in Year 11 at Xavier College. I didn't actually go there myself, (Marcellin boy through and through) but I know someone in that year level (who was Vice Captain of Victoria U16's last year himself) and he assures me this bloke is the real deal, as do several other people who have seen him play.

He picked up 31 possessions playing for Vic Metro U18's on the weekend.

Over here in the West, I saw Graham Polak (on his seventeenth birthday) play for East Fremantle against West Perth the other week.

He looked very tall in the goalsquare at the bounce and I didn't know who he was. In the first minute, he led out to the 50 metre line and marked the ball in a pack as a West Perth key defender punched him as hard as he could in the head.

After recovering and surviving the resultant melee, he strolled back and kicked it through post-high from 50+. That was the first of six for the day, three opponents and a falling handpass after a mark reminiscent of Lee Walker before the knees gave way.

Hope the Eagles pick him up, but he'll probably go to the Dockers. A great talent - let's hope it's realised.

Midfielder apparently....and JubJub, I'll pay that, not bad :p

And I don't think he's any relation to Jason Ball.

Judd, Polak and Ball. It'll will be interesting to pull this thread out in 2 years time and see how they are going!

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Mark that name down people - Luke Ball will be an absolute SUPERSTAR. Absolutely killing them in the Under 18 Championships at the moment, and he's only in Year 11!!!!

His brother Matthew is currently playing at Box Hill, let's hope Luke is drafted by the Hawks!

Just thought I'd pull out this thread from early July!!! My wish looks like it is about to come true!

:D :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope the kid goes well.
But there's not much pressure on him is there ?????
Apparently he is a dead cert to go Numero Uno.

JubJub, that was quite humourous :)

Re: Re: Luke Ball - mark it down now

Just thought I'd pull out this thread from early July!!! My wish looks like it is about to come true!

:D :D

Maybe not! :p ;) :D

Ball should model his game on Kane Cornes and Brett Kirk if he's to ever be anything close to a star. Great tackler and battler but just can't use the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Ball - mark it down now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back