Luke Ball "Officially" Walks..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What part of "Goldsack and pick 30 are useless for St Kilda" do Collingwood supporters don't get????

The salary cap space that we now have due to Ball's departure could be a godsend later down the road

Collingwood supporters can scream and laugh all they like that St Kilda got nothing for Ball however until that salary cap space is filled only then will we really know

Goldsack and 30 is what the Saints requested.

Now you can bang on about him being a "list clogger" all you wish but St Kilda obviously didn't think so.

P.S He would walk into your best 22

LOL no he wouldnt

I hope he is happy to be in Melbourne's team colours :eek:, i certainly wouldn't be

Yet these are the same team colours that in 20 Finals matches have a 16>4 record against Collingwood. Since 1937 it's 14>1 :eek:

And in Grand Finals it's 6>1 :thumbsu:

Oh, that's right, you mean in 2010. Things change quickly in the world of footy, Champ.

What part of "Goldsack and pick 30 are useless for St Kilda" do Collingwood supporters don't get????

The salary cap space that we now have due to Ball's departure could be a godsend later down the road

Collingwood supporters can scream and laugh all they like that St Kilda got nothing for Ball however until that salary cap space is filled only then will we really know

What part of Goldsack and pick 30 was St Kilda's idea of an equitable trade don't you understand?

Sure the acquisition of Peake and Lovett played a role in the deal no longer being suitable but the fact remains that it was St Kilda's initial suggestion.

Do you understand yet?

Yet these are the same team colours that in 20 Finals matches have a 16>4 record against Collingwood. Since 1937 it's 14>1 :eek:

And in Grand Finals it's 6>1 :thumbsu:

Oh, that's right, you mean in 2010. Things change quickly in the world of footy, Champ.

So you're happy with being on the lower end of the ladder over the last few years ?

Rubbish, it was about competition with senior players.
Who are St Kilda's up and coming midfielders who are going to take his place? Nonsense.

Armitage, Geary & Steven

You might want to go back and check out Armitage against Hawthorn this year

17 kicks, 22 disposals, 5 Marks, 10 Tackles, 1 Goal, 3 Brownlow votes

Please stop making yourself look like fool and cease talking about stuff you have no idea about

Why is it that everyone has to find a party to blame in this situation?

Ball wanted out, Collingwood offered St. Kilda something they weren't willing to accept at the time and Ball goes into the draft.

It's just the way the world works kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zac Dawson (fringe defender, potential).

You what?

Dawson played 23 games, and only missed the other two due to suspension.

Kept Max Hudghton out of the team for long periods.

Yeah, that's the fringe alright.

Ball has left StKilda for nothing. Its not a breakeven scenario, they have given away a player and got nothing in return. Its irrelevant to StKilda where Ball ends up. They have aready lost out.

2010 is likely to see the top 4 spots hotly contested by StK, Geelong, C Wood & W Bdogs

Ball's abiltity to win hard contested ball and feed it out to the likes of Didak, Davis, Thomas, Pendles etc would make C'wood a far more dangerous opponent.

Add Jolly and Ball to your 2009 team over 22 rounds you may just get one of those top 2 spots that makes a massive difference come finals time.

If I was a St K fan - I'd be hoping he ends up in any of the lower clubs where his excellent inside work wont cost me a run at a flag.

I think you'll find he's too late to go into the national draft )Had to be delisted by end of October I believe), so he has to go into the preseason draft, where he will end up at Melbourne....
wake up ASH (national draft)he will be going to a club on the 26th!

What part of Goldsack and pick 30 was St Kilda's idea of an equitable trade don't you understand?

Sure the acquisition of Peake and Lovett played a role in the deal no longer being suitable but the fact remains that it was St Kilda's initial suggestion.

Do you understand yet?

Ever changed your mind?

Do you understand yet?

You said it yourself - Goldsack and pick 30 became useless to St Kilda once Lovett and Peake came on board

Why fill salary cap space with players that you do not require

Until that salary cap space is filled only then will we find out exactly what we replaced Luke for

Do you understand yet?

You said it yourself - Goldsack and pick 30 became useless to St Kilda once Lovett and Peake came on board

Why fill salary cap space with players that you do not require

Until that salary cap space is filled only then will we find out exactly what we replaced Luke for

Do you understand yet?

I responded to you claim that Goldsack and pick 30 was useless. You never claimed that it became useless, you implied in your post that it was never of any use.

I was simply raising the point that the St Kilda hierarchy rate Goldsack as a player or they wouldn't have raised him as an option in the first place.

Armitage, Geary & Steven

You might want to go back and check out Armitage against Hawthorn this year

17 kicks, 22 disposals, 5 Marks, 10 Tackles, 1 Goal, 3 Brownlow votes

Please stop making yourself look like fool and cease talking about stuff you have no idea about
Geary will never be of Ball's standard.
Armitage looks the goods. What about the rest?

It's senior players keeping him out, not younger players coming through. It's the same players he has been playing with since he started that are keeping him out.

Look at your list!!!

There are not many young players with high probability of replacing him in the next two years, which is why you wanted to keep him.

I have no idea? I live and breath footy and I 'know' that you will not replace him over the next two years unless some freekish miracle happens where someone such as Geary suddenly undergoes metamorhisis.

Ever changed your mind?

Yes, often, relevance?

A change of mind is irrelevant. A number of people on here seem to think that what Collingwood offered (pick 30 and Goldsack) was insulting.

I'm simply reinforcing the fact that it was St Kilda who considered this trade scenario equitable.

Goldsack and 30 is what the Saints requested.

Then why was your coach talking about us demanding Nathan Brown and not Goldsack? There's no credible source from either side saying we wanted Goldsack or were offered him. Just newspaper speculation. Journalists don't have access to trade week. If one side leaked to a journo that St Kilda was making nonsensical demands, it's not hard to figure out which side that was. You clearly will believe anything written that makes us look like the villain and Ball like a victim.

We even have a bullies supporter referring to us as the Colliflogs. Mate, we've still won 14 flags and despite only one flag in 50 years, have played off in 12 grand finals since 1958 and made the finals 39 times in 50 years. What's your claim to fame?

Best wishes to you all.

Wrong competition mate, we are talking about the national comp, not the victorian comp.

LUKE BALL IS IRRELEVANT TO THIS HYPOTHETICAL!!

Scott Pendlebury wants out, he will not be playing for Collingwood ever again, he is only willing to go to one club, that club offers an absolutely insulting trade and is not willing to budge, do you take the steak knives or do you let him walk out?

You say that something is always better than nothing, by this logic you MUST accept the deal.

Pendlebury's playing abilities are not relevent as he will not be playing for Collingwood and the only club he is willing to accept a trade from offered nothing but steak knives...

So you're given a choice -
Do you want nothing or do you want Raph Clarke and pick 48?

Obviously you aren't capable of processing such a complex scenario so I will answer it for you. You would rather Pendles walk out for free. As you would be happy that your club took a stand and wouldn't be bullied. You would also turn your back on Pendlebury.

MDC is right again champ.

You are using a poor hypothetical to back up your piss weak argument.

This about Luke Ball, anyway you look at it.

Scott Pendlebury is obviously worth plenty more than pick 48+ Raph Clarke.

Luke Ball is not worth more than pick 30+player or pick 25.

Saints were offered market value for the player. Pies did not bully the Saints. The Saints bullied Luke Ball.

The only stance Rossy Lyon took was to continue to bend Luke over, without the aid of some vaseline out of spite.

If he manages to end up at Collingwood, I bet Rossy Lyon will look a tad bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back