Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 283 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 62 18.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Promising but speculative forward line, shit backline now being held up by a 32 year old, and a neat midfield.

Certainly rate him as a coach but question whether he still has the buy in of all the players

strange one. the list still looks fantastic. why is bruce backline tho?

He went to the coach and said “Can I be in the backs please , “ and the coach said “Yes sure.”

They kicked all 5 of their goals in 5 minutes of play time right? Basically the entire game goalless.

And at least a couple were from questionable free kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones/Keath key backs
English ruck
Bruce/Naughton key forwards

do you think your spine finally looks good if played this way?

I don’t think Bruce should be playing anywhere. Lobb foward and Gardner is an option down back if needed. Let Darcy develop for awhile.

They need to move Naughton to half back and exploit their run off his marking and open up the forward line.

strange one. the list still looks fantastic. why is bruce backline tho?
Wouldn't get a game as a forward this year.
Probably not playing AFL except for injury to Gardner.

I could be wrong but wouldn't have thought the Dogs have the $ to cut his contract up 2 years short and pay him out? He's a pretty high profile coach who'd be on a good wicket... I'd think if he goes it will be next year so they only have to pay out 1 year rather than 2? Not sure but I like Bevo despite his bizarre decisions.
We’re actually quite sound financially these days. And pretty sure head coach pay outs are capped at 6 months anyway

It's so over, at least from a purely non-emotional perspective

The past 9 games the Dogs haven't won the clearance count they've lost the game. 9 in a row. It shouldn't be happening to this team, far too much talent for it to be happening.

Good coach for all his faults but his message is clearly wearing thin. If we miss finals this year i reckon he moves on. 9 years is a good innings at a club and will go down as a club legend. Would give a new coach enough time for a final shot at another flag led by Bont and Macrae too.

Jones/Keath key backs
English ruck
Bruce/Naughton key forwards

do you think your spine finally looks good if played this way?
Keath is absolutely cooked, either that or he’s just given up. Too many times over the past 2-3 years where he is just too slow for his opponent. You’d struggle to find a slower player in the AFL.

Jones is serviceable, the few issues that were present with him at Carlton have been magnified now that he’s playing with us though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Back