Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 274 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 55 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back in the 8 atm.

Maybe some of us were too harsh on him?

I don't think so. The Bulldogs have the talent, they have proved it several times this year, but Beveridge doesn't bring out that talent enough.

If someone is racing a Formula 1 vs a Mini and the Formula 1 car only wins 40% of the time you don't blame the car, you blame the driver. The Bulldogs should win a lot more than they do, and the reason they don't is likely Beveridge.

I don't think so. The Bulldogs have the talent, they have proved it several times this year, but Beveridge doesn't bring out that talent enough.

If someone is racing a Formula 1 vs a Mini and the Formula 1 car only wins 40% of the time you don't blame the car, you blame the driver. The Bulldogs should win a lot more than they do, and the reason they don't is likely Beveridge.
The 7 players under 50 games might have something to do with it. Plus significant injuries and no bye until 60% of the way through the season. Definitely dropped more than a couple games due to inconsistency but those are all contributing factors.

Excellent coaching today from Bevo by having Bontempelli on the list. Most other coaches could only dream of such foresight.

Sign him up for another 3 years.

Since the pressure was heaped on about 6 weeks ago, we’ve played some superb footy with the exception of last week.

As a team we’re probably better than our ladder position suggests but the reality is that we’re 8th, have an extra game on the teams around us and have been dealt a very tough draw that gets even tougher over the next 6 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in the 8 atm.

Maybe some of us were too harsh on him?
I reckon performances like this just add to the frustration.

If they were an out-and-out shizen team, at the least the fans could accept that and go in with minimal expectations.

If they were obviously a great team being shackled by Bevo and constantly losing, at least there's something obvious to point at.

It's the Jekkyl and Hyde "uncompetitive one week then belt an opponent by 10 goals the next week" rollercoaster that must be getting to the fans.

Such a confusing team. Their best form is so impressive, and they still have Naughton to come back in to the side, and guys like Darcy, Keath, JJ and Harmes to come back into contention for a spot.

I think by the end of the season they'll be playing consistent football.

Freo, bulldogs and Brisbane are so hard to pick this year. Up and down all year
Fremantle has been easy compared to us so far. If they are away from home, only tip them if they are playing a bottom 6-bottom 4 side.

Us on the other hand….dont tip us at Marvel if it’s our home game I guess? We have more losses than wins at home in the last 12 months.

Such a confusing team. Their best form is so impressive, and they still have Naughton to come back in to the side, and guys like Darcy, Keath, JJ and Harmes to come back into contention for a spot.

I think by the end of the season they'll be playing consistent football.
Aside from the Brisbane flop our last six have been good. I think we’re finding some consistency now.

It’s required a bit of an overhaul of the team and changes of role for some players etc. If Bevo’s going to cop it for last year I think he deserves some credit for changing things up this year, even if it’s taken half the season to get somewhere.

We have a very tough run home though.

Aside from the Brisbane flop our last six have been good. I think we’re finding some consistency now.

It’s required a bit of an overhaul of the team and changes of role for some players etc. If Bevo’s going to cop it for last year I think he deserves some credit for changing things up this year, even if it’s taken half the season to get somewhere.

We have a very tough run home though.
Do you think Beveridge is the man to take the Bulldogs forward?
He's certainly got them playing better, sure they're still 9th on the ladder but their percentage is pretty healthy and they could do some damage in the finals if they make it.

Do you think Beveridge is the man to take the Bulldogs forward?
He's certainly got them playing better, sure they're still 9th on the ladder but their percentage is pretty healthy and they could do some damage in the finals if they make it.

I'm in two minds about it. I feel like we've underachieved again but we are playing better now than we have for a little while. He's adjusted the game style to more suit modern footy and probably had a few things wrong early in the year regarding selection.

I think he's too experimental to see stable results across a season but his unpredictability and ability to fire the team up can work during the finals.

He's the anti Ken Hinkley in a lot of ways.

Darcy, Naughton and JUH is a really good lineup up forward, and complemented by a decent small in Weightman.

Bont still the midfield but they have good personnel around him.

The concern still remains down back, but if Lobb holds down the CHB position then that’s a big bonus.

A very tough and season defining 5 weeks coming up that could make or break Bevo’s future.

Back