Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 275 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 58 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in two minds about it. I feel like we've underachieved again but we are playing better now than we have for a little while. He's adjusted the game style to more suit modern footy and probably had a few things wrong early in the year regarding selection.

I think he's too experimental to see stable results across a season but his unpredictability and ability to fire the team up can work during the finals.

He's the anti Ken Hinkley in a lot of ways.
Bulldogs are still an enigmatic team, and easily the hardest team to tip on a week to week basis.
Port are the opposite, they would probably be the easiest team to tip.

I know the majority of Port supporters would happily replace Hinkley with Beveridge if given the chance.
Would you or any Bulldogs supporters replace Beveridge with Hinkley if given the chance?

Bulldogs are still an enigmatic team, and easily the hardest team to tip on a week to week basis.
Port are the opposite, they would probably be the easiest team to tip.

I know the majority of Port supporters would happily replace Hinkley with Beveridge if given the chance.
Would you or any Bulldogs supporters replace Beveridge with Hinkley if given the chance?

I would. I'd like some stable structure and selection.

With all the bullshit stupid moves Bevo has tried - it’s hilarious that Rory Lobb to defence is the one that’s a game changer for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess this is why so many dogs fans were annoyed early on.

In saying that, looks like he just needed some time with a new look side and coaching staff.

Was only around 7 dogs from 2021 GF side in the current side off the top. 2022-2024 could be a 2018-20 period of refreshment that sees us a another chance at it.

But lets see how it plays out….

With all the bullshit stupid moves Bevo has tried - it’s hilarious that Rory Lobb to defence is the one that’s a game changer for him.

He gets a lot of criticism for trying guys in different positions, but not many talk about the changes that went really well.

Matty Boyd to the backline - made the all Australian team
Caleb Daniel to the backline - made the all Australian team
Naughton to the forward line
Bailey Dale to the back line - made the all Australian team
Richards to the midfield

To a lesser extent West to the forward line has been good, as was Wallis previously. Cordy did a job there in the 2016 finals series.

Happy Pump Up GIF by Essendon FC

Nice of Draper to be cheering on the Dogs from his TV screen during finals because his team misses out again

Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Back