Luke Hodge 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Hole point of this website is to debate...

...and post pictures.

HawHodge_gallery__470x348.jpg
svHAWTHORNMATCH_wideweb__470x350,2.jpg

Hole point of this website is to debate...

Huh ?

Why would anyone want to debate Hodge ?

The moment anyone talks realistically about the bloke 20 exciteable hawthorn squealers start calling people idiots for disputing that hes the greatest player to ever grace the game.

Sorry ...but basically it means he's simply not worth talking about. Dont blame us.

Huh ?

The moment anyone talks realistically about the bloke 20 exciteable hawthorn squealers start calling people idiots for disputing that hes the greatest player to ever grace the game.

Sorry ...but basically it means he's simply not worth talking about. Dont blame us.

I know what you mean. Hodge is a great player but just because I said he was lucky to have made AA this season I was cut down by a bunch of rabid Hawk supporters. Apparantly gun players are beyond playing some average games and must always be considered 'locks' for the individual awards.

Huh ?

Ha, that's a laugh.

For two straight seasons, I have "spruiked" Hodgey's All-Australian credentials in those A/A threads and both times you've tried to shoot me down with your anti-Hawthorn rubbish.

"Just one of many," you said, "but others have been better."
"In the mix for a slot," said Bollox, "but his versatility counts for nothing"

As stated on the telecast, his selection was a formality.
And Bollocks was wrong once again...

Congratulations to Luke Hodge on making the 2008 All-Australian team and leading our boys through September

You are like a broken record. You never have spoken realistically about Luke Hodge. Your sole contribution to any discussion on Hodge is exactly what you've posted above. Just a bunch of whiny jealous crap aimed at Hawk fans who post rapturously about one of their champions.

Bad luck for you that your team plays a shit style of football and their golden era is finished. Bad luck for you that Sydney's only champion, Adam Goodes is a big fairy who only plays well in bursts.

So why open the thread.... you peanut!

"Not worth talking about," he says.... but you feel compelled to comment every time anyone discusses him.

You're a joke.

Ha, that's a laugh.

For two straight seasons, I have "spruiked" Hodgey's All-Australian credentials in those A/A threads and both times you've tried to shoot me down with your anti-Hawthorn rubbish.

"Just one of many," you said, "but others have been better."
"In the mix for a slot," said Bollox, "but his versatility counts for nothing"

As stated on the telecast, his selection was a formality.
And Bollocks was wrong once again...
Chewy's normal plan relying on the ignorant out there.

When a long way from the end of a season and being "in the mix for a slot" Chewy likes to shut up shop and bring it back later.

So after say rnd 14 if u say there's been better than Hodge for a slot but he improves thereafter...Chewy likes to try to pointscore.

Wonderful cheerleading on display.

How about that Trent Croad....Sam Mitchell ?

According to you Croad was a shoe in...HAD TO BE IN...afterall only an idiot would think he wasnt deserviong an AA slot.

You try so hard too.

and btw...u want to tell people u did the same tyre pumping job with Hodge last yr but got it wrong ?

Big difference between u and me champ...i might like to have a bit of fun in here sometimnes but i am UNBIASED when it matters....to you this joint is just a blank wall for Hawthorn coloured crayons....same utter garbage over and over and over and over and over again.

Poor old Croady...lets not mentione either that u thought he "hadnt been beaten all season" until informed otherwise.

Great for Hodge he was named....as the season wore on he earnt it. Dont make a goose of yaself tho Chewy...we all know why u come in here.

Chewy's normal plan relying on the ignorant out there.
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Between you and I, we both know the score. I can search back and post links, if you wish.

When a long way from the end of a season and being "in the mix for a slot" Chewy likes to shut up shop and bring it back later.
A long way out? Try a few weeks out. Unlike "experts" such as yourself, I never saw much point in discussing All-Australian teams before the bulk of the season had been completed. I leave the weekly chopping and changing to people like you.

So after say rnd 14 if u say there's been better than Hodge for a slot but he improves thereafter...Chewy likes to try to pointscore.
Telling lies again, hey? Round 14, my arse.

I corrected all of the ignorant people on August 5th (after Round 18)
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11959213&postcount=454

You replied back the same day
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11959838&postcount=462

"Be lucky if he's considered..."
"they dont award you AA for being "tough as nails" or "versatile"...it simply helps to be smongst the best in your slot..."
"unfortunately Hodge's season really has been no better than last yr."
"he needs to do MORE to overtake others that have been better this season."

And then again you dismissed Hodge's chances on August 14th (after round 19)
More of your anti-Hawthorn cheerleading rubbish:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12060282&postcount=821
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12060327&postcount=822

Wonderful cheerleading on display.

How about that Trent Croad....Sam Mitchell ?
Gee, you're a fool. You never quite got your head around our previous argument about Croad's worthiness for A/A. It didn't matter how many times I explained it to you.

I realised that Bock, Scarlett and even Hudghton were more than likely to be ahead of Croad in the pecking order. But my argument for Croad's inclusion (in the SQUAD of 40) was twofold:
  1. He plays on the opposition's best forward each week, unlike Bock, Fisher, Scarlett, McPharlin, etc.
  2. The selectors always choose an abundance of key forwards in the team, but prefer to name lesser defenders (back pockets like Tom Harley) rather than name an extra gun key defender. It's an unfortunate imbalance in their thinking. They load the forward line, but they don't load the backline.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12059500&postcount=814

As for Sam Mitchell... he was always going to be in contention (he was shortlisted) but I also knew it would be tough for him to make the final cut, especially with the likes of Ablett, Corey, Bartel, Cooney, Richo, Harvey, Hodge, Selwood, Deledio, Cross, Judd, Hayes, Thompson, Bateman, Black and Kirk all having good seasons.

That's why I had him picked on my bench and not in my 18. I suspected Mitchell would be one of the unlucky squad members. Many people (fans of other clubs) were shocked by Mitchell's omission, but you act as though any Hawk fan who chose Mitchell in their A/A team is a one-eyed, biased fool.

You're just arguing for the sake of it.

And you called me a "pebble-thrower"??? You goose. :rolleyes:

According to you Croad was a shoe in...HAD TO BE IN...afterall only an idiot would think he wasnt deserviong an AA slot.
It was a thread about All Australian teams and we were debating various candidates. Your style of posting is to say, "Bock is a lock. Croad is nowhere near it. Shut the f*** up you Hawthorn cheerleaders!"

Thankfully, not everyone on Big Footy is a fruitcake like you, who tries to howl everyone down with their negative crap. Lucky there are people who feel free to discuss these things and give their opinions.

You try so hard too.
Try so hard to do what? You have this bizarre fantasy that we can influence public opinion with our gibberish. You talk about my "spruiking" as though I have a secret agenda. I'm just crapping on about footy to anyone who cares. Can't you see that it's simply a debate amongst ourselves?

One day the penny will drop for you, poor Bollocks.

and btw...u want to tell people u did the same tyre pumping job with Hodge last yr but got it wrong ?
We already went over this. :confused:

Last year, against my better judgmment, I waded into one of those mid-year A/A threads and made the comment, "On current form, Campbell Brown is a certainty and by year's end, I expect Sam Mitchell & Luke Hodge to come heavily into consideration (after their slow starts)"

You howled like a stuck pig. You ranted and raved like an idiot.
That was the first time I read your crap about "biased Hawthorn cheerleaders"

You never did apologise and admit you were wrong. Even after I was proved right when Campbell Brown was named A/A in 2007 and both Mitchell & Hodge came heavily into consideration and were among the shortlist of 13 midfielders.

Big difference between u and me champ...i might like to have a bit of fun in here sometimnes but i am UNBIASED when it matters....to you this joint is just a blank wall for Hawthorn coloured crayons....same utter garbage over and over and over and over and over again.
Huh? I post lots of stuff about other clubs, some of it complimentary, some of it not so complimentary.

The problem with you Bollocks, is that you choose to zero in on my posts about Hawthorn All-Australian candidates.
It's fair to say you have a major bug up your arse about Hawthorn and any Hawk fan who posts about them.

That's our the source of our ansgt, in a nutshell. I don't care about your opinions, biased or unbiased. I simply resent your constant attacks on any Hawk fans who dare to post kind words about their own team.

Poor old Croady...lets not mentione either that u thought he "hadnt been beaten all season" until informed otherwise.
Another lie. I admitted that Croad lowered his colours once and had also missed a few games.

Great for Hodge he was named....as the season wore on he earnt it. Dont make a goose of yaself tho Chewy...we all know why u come in here.
It's you who makes a goose of himself, every time you start another one your anti-Hawthorn cheerleader rants.

For two years running, I've entered those A/A threads and nominated a certainty from Hawthorn: Campbell Brown (2007) and Luke Hodge (2008)
Both times you shouted me down, said I was kidding and called me a biased spruiker.

I was right. You were wrong. Completely and utterly wrong...
I'm still waiting for your apologies, but I'm not holding my breath waiting.
But you'll get zero respect from me until I receive one.

Ya kidding arntcha ? No way i'm reading all that dribble. Its got to be a new record even for you.

Easier just to assume its got something to do with pumping the tyres of hawthorn players.

I;ll wait till it appears in the papers shall i ?

Ya kidding arntcha ? No way i'm reading all that dribble. Its got to be a new record even for you.

Easier just to assume its got something to do with pumping the tyres of hawthorn players.

I;ll wait till it appears in the papers shall i ?
Translation: I have no comeback, I have no more complete and utter sh.t to say. In fact I might wait until sydney are good again before I post rubbish again.

Ya kidding arntcha ? No way i'm reading all that dribble.
Okay, numbskull. I forgot you have the concentration span of an ant.

Here's a shortened version:

Chewy's normal plan relying on the ignorant out there. When a long way from the end of a season and being "in the mix for a slot" Chewy likes to shut up shop and bring it back later. So after say rnd 14 if u say there's been better than Hodge for a slot but he improves thereafter...Chewy likes to try to pointscore.
Round 14? :rolleyes:

I posted after Round 18
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11959213&postcount=454[/URL]

You replied back the same day
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11959838&postcount=462[/URL]

Again you dismissed Hodge's chances after round 19
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12060282&postcount=821[/URL]
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12060327&postcount=822[/URL]

Last year, I made the comment, "On current form, Campbell Brown is a certainty and by year's end, I expect Sam Mitchell & Luke Hodge to come heavily into consideration (after their slow starts)"

Even way back then, you ranted and raved about us "biased Hawthorn cheerleaders"

You never did apologise, even after I was proved right when Campbell Brown was named A/A in 2007 and both Mitchell & Hodge came heavily into consideration and were among the shortlist of 13 midfielders.

Huh? I post lots of stuff about other clubs, some of it complimentary, some of it not so complimentary.

The problem with you Bollocks, is that you choose to zero in on my posts about Hawthorn All-Australian candidates.
It's fair to say you have a major bug up your arse about Hawthorn and any Hawk fan who posts about them.

Dont make a goose of yaself tho Chewy...we all know why u come in here.
It's you who makes a goose of himself, every time you start another one your anti-Hawthorn cheerleader rants.

For two years running, I've entered those A/A threads and nominated a certainty from Hawthorn: Campbell Brown (2007) and Luke Hodge (2008)
Both times you shouted me down, said I was kidding and called me a biased spruiker.

I was right.

You were wrong.

Oh here come the back up nuffies hoping a little pebble hits.

No girls...u wont make me read it.

If it looks like junk and has the name "Chewy" attached to it then its hardly going to be worth it.

I know i'll just feel dumbed down afterwards.

If its about HODGE...by late season i had him in the team but thought he'd be on the bench..so i was RIGHT. Then he got named in the backs in the squad so whoopey doo.

If its about Croad...all season i knew he wasnt in the mix. Chewy and the rest of you were WRONG.

Mitchell stiff i thought. I would have picked him ahead of Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So to summarise Chewy here's the scorecard for your tyre pumping sessions at AA over the last 2 yrs.

You spruiked 18 hawthorn for AA last yr and got the Brown one right but Hodge and Mitchell wrong.

I got all three right by late season...yeah unlucky there champ :thumbsu:

So after i had at least 5-6 hawthorn players in the AA team when asked by about round 8 some got overhauled. You;ve gone hard on Croad this time...no idea why coz it was a silly move and u truly overhyped the bloke's season. Did little first half of the season whilst others were killing it. You went Hodge and jagged it this yr...well done. I had him "in the mix" and by late season told u i thought he'd make it...but apparantly i;m supposed to formguide from mideseason where he likely would've missed again. Mitchell borderline also but i;m sure u wont admit that was a wrong call too.

So Chewy..you got 2 right in 2 years after spruiking about 20.
I got them all right except not being sure about Brown till late 07:D

Geez that must stick in your craw mate :thumbsu:

Oh Bollox, still anti-hawthorn.

Pre-season you laughed at suggestions Buddy was comparable to Riewoldt and Pavlich.

You also laughed at suggestions that our list was any good "no one over-rates their list as much as Hawthorn"

Still fighting little battles I see.

Let it go.

Translation: I have no comeback, I have no more complete and utter sh.t to say. In fact I might wait until sydney are good again before I post rubbish again.

I think this is as close as he gets to admitting he was wrong, Chewy.

So you guy's could be bothered to read a post that long?

I know i couldn't.

How about next year you walk over to the wildside Chewy...come into those AA threads and think "no i wont just pretend a hawthorn player simply MUST be better"...try harder to keep your eyes open and show us all u might know something about the game and its players beyond hawthorn cheerleading :thumbsu:

Either that or stick that stuff on the club boards where the hawthorn grommets might agree.

BTW...early mid-season Mitchell, Franklin, Roughead, Bateman, Sewell were in my run on team...they were on fire.

Guess i should have just stopped right there to make u happy....coz your mood is important to me.

They arnt street signs ...go hawks :D:thumbsu:

no.... he's awesome down back. plays like an Archer putting his body on the line, but when its turned over he turns into a rebounding defender.

We are a better side with him down back, even though he is good enough to star in the middle.

This would have to be the dumbest post i have ever seen on BF.

Surely you jest?

Round 1 - suspended.
Round 2 - Below par.
Round 3 - Below par.
Round 4 - Good game.
Round 5 - Below par.
Round 6 - Very good game.
Round 7 - played a half of footy.

= Career best form??? WTF!

In the round 7 game he was widely considered BOG even though he only played a half.

Round 4-7 he was our best player and in the best form of his career. So I stand by my earlier statement because 4 games of great footy overrules 2 games of not so great footy.

Even champions are allowed to have a couple of off games (by their own standards anyway).

Yeah, nah. :):thumbsu:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice one! Not surprisingly he hasn't responded.

Some of the comments by the Hawks supporters in this thread are hilarious.

Best season, career best form blah blah blah.

He is a gun player but hasn't set the world on fire this season.

Bigfooty thinks if you don't get 30 possesions a game you haven't been a great player because they compare Hodge to pure midfielders.

Hodge has been brilliant down back this year. Has made us a much more powerful side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back