Toast Luke Hodge - 300 games in the Number 15. Brilliant player and a 'good bloke'.

Remove this Banner Ad

I figured we can change the title once game 300 is imminent but in the meantime...

This weekend he will equal the great Kelvin Moore for games played with the number 15 on his back.

Should Hodge play out all the remaining 2017 H&A games (assuming no finals for the moment), he will be on 306 games, nestled snugly between Sam Mitchell (307) and Shane Crawford (305) and 4th on the all time Hawk list.

Interesting to note that the St Kilda board currently has a thread discussing the merits of luring Hodge over there after his playing days are done as an assistant coach. Apart from the tedious sledges about his "good bloke" status there is a begrudging acknowledgement of his superior footy IQ.

I figured we can change the title once game 300 is imminent but in the meantime...

This weekend he will equal the great Kelvin Moore for games played with the number 15 on his back.

Should Hodge play out all the remaining 2017 H&A games (assuming no finals for the moment), he will be on 306 games, nestled snugly between Sam Mitchell (307) and Shane Crawford (305) and 4th on the all time Hawk list.

Interesting to note that the St Kilda board currently has a thread discussing the merits of luring Hodge over there after his playing days are done as an assistant coach. Apart from the tedious sledges about his "good bloke" status there is a begrudging acknowledgement of his superior footy IQ.
If he went to St Kilda he wouldn't have his footy IQ. It'd be hosed off him with a gurney if their hawthorn draft pick thread is anything to go by.

I

No Hawthorn footballer with a brain and Luke has a good brain would waste their time and talent by going to that club. 1 Premiership in all its years. Joke.

I think of good ex Hawks who had the skills and the ability and left Hawthorn to football oblivion at the Saints. Guys like Mark Scott, Glenn Nugent, Shane Savage, Gladys Moncrieff and Dean Anderson. All somehow found themselves there and then slowly drifted off the football landscape.

Thankfully for us it works the other way. Players coming from St Kilda. If we can the get the Saints out of them they become good reliable footballers. People like Stuart Trott, Joel Smith, Russell Greene and now Ben McEvoy.

So, no, nope, noway will Hodgey even enterntain the idea of going to that rabble.

I believe he is more like auditioning for the Collingwood job this weekend. His if he wants it. The pies fondly remember the last time a Hawk champion and former Captain came there and sorted things out, they won a Premiership.

I believe he is more like auditioning for the Collingwood job this weekend. His if he wants it.
Are you saying Buckley gets the sack and Hodge goes straight into the senior coach position? Even if he wanted that I think Clarko would advise him strongly against it. Do the apprenticeship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Hodgey qualify for free agency or will it need to be a trade scenario? What pick would it take?

We'll swap Hodgey for the other greatest player ever: Mark Blicavs.

I read it somewhere once.

Does Hodgey qualify for free agency or will it need to be a trade scenario? What pick would it take?
FA. It will be for literally nothing and clarko wouldn't be completely against it. But us supporters will murder Hodge before he enters kardinia park so it won't happen anyway.

We'll swap Hodgey for the other greatest player ever: Mark Blicavs.

I read it somewhere once.
Wouldn't want to give up too much for an ageing player. If he's an UFA we can pick him up regardless of if the Hawks match the offer or not. Will probably look to swap an extremely late pick so our free agency compensation isn't effected.

Perhaps the most rediclous statement Hutchy has ever made. And that's saying something.

Pretty good work if you can get it. I mean seriously. Watch matches all weekend. Make a few notes. Maybe talk to a few of your “contacts”. Make a few more notes. Have a beer at a bar later. See if you can get some dirt. Is it off-the-record? Of course mate! Cobble together a few talking points for the weekly TV show. Pretty much say whatever you want about anyone, as long as its loosely “possible” and the network can't get sued, no harm done. Have a couple of scotches afterward.

I thought having to put up with geelong rubbish on BF was bad. FMD now you also have to listen to their media supporters dribble also. They are on every tv channel, radio station and newspaper these Geelong supporters, all as brain dead as the next.

He could walk into any footy department. Who's going to turn down Luke Hodge as an assistant?

Wouldn't want to give up too much for an ageing player. If he's an UFA we can pick him up regardless of if the Hawks match the offer or not. Will probably look to swap an extremely late pick so our free agency compensation isn't effected.

Then give us Gary Ablett then.

The Senior one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Luke Hodge - 300 games in the Number 15. Brilliant player and a 'good bloke'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back