Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Ned Maginness

“So really nice story from the day, and a positive story was Ned and Finn were able to play their first game of footy ever together. So Ned got the call up this week, we saw a really valuable role for Ned to come in and on a bigger ground and play through the wings for us and help us in that aspect. And had some really solid contests Ned, without being outstanding, but it was just really pleasing for our Box Hill program to provide the opportunity for Ned and Finn to play their first ever game. Great to have their parents there to watch and see that. And it's something that will stick together with the boys forever, and you know, they'll always better say they got to place a footy together, which is, I'm sure a lot of people out there will understand how great that is. So, shout out to Neddy McGuinness.”

Ned Maginness

“So really nice story from the day, and a positive story was Ned and Finn were able to play their first game of footy ever together. So Ned got the call up this week, we saw a really valuable role for Ned to come in and on a bigger ground and play through the wings for us and help us in that aspect. And had some really solid contests Ned, without being outstanding, but it was just really pleasing for our Box Hill program to provide the opportunity for Ned and Finn to play their first ever game. Great to have their parents there to watch and see that. And it's something that will stick together with the boys forever, and you know, they'll always better say they got to place a footy together, which is, I'm sure a lot of people out there will understand how great that is. So, shout out to Neddy McGuinness.”
Don't know much about him but the write up didn't seem overly encouraging unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know much about him but the write up didn't seem overly encouraging unfortunately
Ned was feeling it out through out the game whenever I watched him.

My gut says he will grow up well in our Hawks system and has the basic attributes. Ideal would be to rookie him and ask Ky to try for FS next year.

Copper Hodge can have a go the year later.

Only problem is we need to delist a few to make space for all this potentials( if they are the best options)

Ned was feeling it out through out the game whenever I watched him.

My gut says he will grow up well in our Hawks system and has the basic attributes. Ideal would be to rookie him and ask Ky to try for FS next year.

Copper Hodge can have a go the year later.

Only problem is we need to delist a few to make space for all this potentials( if they are the best options)
There's still plenty at the bottom of the list that likely won't make the level. Plus we have some senior guys wrapping things up the next few years.

Do we have any news on Ky is he showing anymore or less then Dear did last year.

With Kobe in dogs NGA all of a sudden they have access to Kobe also, hopefully Rough is in his ear.

Do we have any news on Ky is he showing anymore or less then Dear did last year.

With Kobe in dogs NGA all of a sudden they have access to Kobe also, hopefully Rough is in his ear.
Apples -v- oranges mate.

Ky has played 14 SANFL u18s games as a medium sized half back flanker and managed to get in the best players twice (rds 2 and 3).

In his two senior games he didn’t really get involved much.

He is a dime a dozen player at the moment.

As many will know Calsher came from the clouds with a big last 6 weeks of Coates League footy, but he was obviously much taller and playing a very different position. He also hardly played any footy in 2020/2021.

Apples -v- oranges mate.

Ky has played 14 SANFL u18s games as a medium sized half back flanker and managed to get in the best players twice (rds 2 and 3).

In his two senior games he didn’t really get involved much.

He is a dime a dozen player at the moment.

As many will know Calsher came from the clouds with a big last 6 weeks of Coates League footy, but he was obviously much taller and playing a very different position. He also hardly played any footy in 2020/2021.

Ok so you think we will pass on him, Not sure if you remember maybe this is a Davo-27 question but is Ky showing more that Brad hill did when we drafted him do you know.

Ok so you think we will pass on him, Not sure if you remember maybe this is a Davo-27 question but is Ky showing more that Brad hill did when we drafted him do you know.
Can’t recall specifically what Brad Hill was like, but he did play 2 games for WA at the 2011 champs.

Ky is nowhere near that level.

Ned hasn't played recently, broke his hand according to Finn. Hopefully back playing this weekend.

Did that happen in the BHH game? That was only a few weeks ago right?

(That said, I have a newborn and have lost all feel for time and space!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back