Luke Hodge - where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed to be playing for free kicks far too often for our leader.

That said I think Geelong did exceptionally well curtailing both him & Gibson from impacting contests so won't write him off yet.

Again like Lewis though they are both better players and don't need to look for free kicks.

I tell you what, I pity the families of some (most) of the posters in this thread, and the Suckling thread for that matter. Poor bastards will get the flu and those posters will be wanting to pull the plug or Euthanase.

One bad game, our captain is finished. Wow......Just wow

As usual it's throw the baby out with the bath water on here.
Hodge makes errors from time to time but what he brings in terms of generalship and hardness is irreplaceable. He makes others stand taller, simple.
Seeing his impact in the middle at the start of Q4 does make one wonder why he isn't injected more? Let's not forget we were basically a third string back half (no disrespect) that did pretty well for 3 & a bit quarters. Add Lake, Shoe, Stratton with more game time and it's a different story. It changes the whole dynamic and allows more unpredictability upfield as well.
We need to change our attitude against these blokes. They think they can do whatever they like and beat us and we play like we are afraid to take a risk. We have incredible skill and we need to play like it. Let's see what happens R20.

Not sure why anyone would ask this question after a Cats game.......

Like his teammates he's gone missing against the Cats again, nothing new!
He always is see what they do is whoever is opponent is they target that person inside 50 early in the game and it was mcintosh so that Hodge then needs to be more accountable and then that person just becomes the decoy most of the time for inside 50s. They have used this not only on Hodge but on Gibson. They also have their quickest players in the front half of the ground. They basically cover the ground faster than our backs and cover half of the ground the other half of the ground we are outnumbered. Its a new strategy being employed they have beaten us in different ways but the one constant has been pressure on our half back line (contrary to what everyone says the reason why we win most games our bloody backline)
Cooked.

Strip of captaincy and DELIST!

There's a job going at the new McDonald's in Tecoma, flipping burgers.

But it's for a right handed flipper, so Hodgey can go backto his day job

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Just watched the last quarter again, Hodge was very good in the last. Was shakey when playing back earlier but part of that is because of Geelongs pressure.

We lose ONE game and the knives are pulled out?!
Man we really are getting spoilt.
I was thinking to myself today just how long it had been since I had gone to the footy and saw us lose.
Lets just chill out a bit and stop calling for heads to roll.

This thread is an embarrassment. Where is he at?

He has come off a 32 disposal game and a 21 disposal game. He is the reigning premiership captain and probably had his best season last year since 2010.

Was far from our worst against Geelong. These kind of threads singling out players after 1 loss are just down right embarrassing for the OP's that create them. If we had of lost several in a row or were having an average season then maybe start questioning some players but to create a thread like this when we are 4-1 is pathetic. Who needs opposition supporters when we have supporters like these.

I'm sick of the same supporters bragging and carrying on like arrogant flogs when we're winning but when we lose throw a tanty and can't comprehend that we aren't unbeatable.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he retire at the end of 2012..... I remember reading he was finished.

Now I think about it more, I have a vague recollection of him holding up some sort of silverware late last September so maybe he's working in a trophy shop...

Oh one more thought, yes he hasn't played well versus the Cats since 2008 and feel free to right him off, but do so at your peril.

I will bake the humble pie and fry egg for your face...

I respect the question being asked because it was going to be asked at some stage but I wonder if we would be asking it if we had won game on Monday. With due respect, some of the comments are a bit knee-jerk in my opinion.
If we are going to judge Hodgey, let's look do it at later stage of season when we have a better spread of info, not 5 Rounds.
I actually think he's been good this season to this point.

That's simply not true.
You're entitled to your opinion but don't make stuff up just to justify it.

Go back and watch the Brissie and Cats games.

Thought he was poor in both.

In both he missed easy targets under limited pressure.

In both he pulled out of contests that were very un-Hodgesque.

Just my opinion though, as you state.

Despite a few bad kicks was still one of our best in defence. Lots of tackles, spoils and pressure. Duryea was our best defender on the night but otherwise no one else was better than hodge. Birchall came good in the second half but poor in the first. Hodge then comes out in the last and almost single handedly puts the hawks in front. We go on to lose the match and then some call him finished. We become more like Richmond every week. Ridiculous over reaction.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Shit thread!! To question 1 bloke in a team sport?? The heat should be on the whole squad (Excluding Mitch Hallihan). That was the problem. Simple fact of the matter is that we went away from our game plan and tried to play the shit "kick long and hope for the best" Geel game plan!

Lets just hope that we really did learn from that and we move on. Im still trying to believe that statement though!

I'm sick of the same supporters bragging and carrying on like arrogant flogs when we're winning but when we lose throw a tanty and can't comprehend that we aren't unbeatable.

I saw this coming. The media and opposition teams have be lauding us as clearly the best skilled team in the competition over the past week or two, and naturally some supporters soak this up with the thought we're unbeatable. It's a rude wake up call for some even though realistically we'd only beaten two teams competing for top 8 spots - one convincingly and the other not so. In the real world, we're simply trying to make top 4 at the end of the year. Anyone with more grand ideas are confusing dreams with reality at this point in time.

Hodge makes errors from time to time but what he brings in terms of generalship and hardness is irreplaceable. He makes others stand taller, simple.
So the problem is with all the other players who refuse to listen ? It must be, because too often against the Cats, our players refuse to stand tall.

I'm of the opinion that he hasn't been particularly good this season

and

that he is playing injured

Give him a month off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back