Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't disagree with anything that you're saying. But to say that it's based on nothing is incredibly disrespectful to what he has already done. Because like I said, if Jackson had done nothing then clubs would also be offering big 7 year contracts for Fisher McCasey but they're not. There's a reason for that. You're kidding yourself if you think Jackson isn't worth 2 late first round picks mate. Melbourne is already getting screwed over with 2 late firsts. Can you provide a list of other 20 year old rucks with his resume? You're treating him like he's a midfielder which produce right out of the gate.
Late firsts would be about right but there’s been a lot of commentary around top 10 + late first which I think is overs.

I’ve never said that he hasn’t produced but a $900k would be given to him off where they project his output to be, not off exposed form. I’m sure he is going to be a decent player but Grundy is a great recent example that form and progression isn’t always linear.

yeah, they could. Or they could pick up another Trengove as well. Or Harley Bennell or Lukosius. People love shiny new draft picks until they do their research and realise how speculative they are.

That's why Melbourne will be asking for what seems like a lot. They know the speculative nature of draft picks. Even high ones.
I just think Eagles will look at Pick 2 as the cornerstone of rebuilding their midfield.

If I were the Eagles with their list I'd keep the pick and spend it at the draft on a midfielder.

Will be interesting to see if that's what they do.

I just think Eagles will look at Pick 2 as the cornerstone of rebuilding their midfield.

If I were the Eagles with their list I'd keep the pick and spend it at the draft on a midfielder.

Split for 2 top 10 picks or trade for a future 1st of a bottom 4 club

Robbo: There is no way Luke Jackson is worth 2 first round picks. No way! He has fallen off a cliff. The market is all wrong! No player is worth 2 first round picks.

Gerard: Well West Coast have pick 2 and pick 20.

Robbo: Yeah, that's about right.

I changed the channel.

Since that's been confirmed that wce are keeping their pick 2, what are melb fans expecting them to offer for Jackson
Ah yes, fully expected West Coast to come out and say "we'll offer pick two for sure", because there's no way Melbourne would then go "cool, we'd like another pick too".

Masterful negotiation.

Melbourne could always take pick 2 for him, then split the pick into 2 picks if they want 2 early picks.
Not quite what I was getting at. Was just saying that West Coast aren't going to lead with their best offer weeks before trade period even begins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was winning grand finals as a 20 year old...

if Sean Darcy was at Melbourne would he even make our 22 like Jackson is? Darcy would be 2nd ruck too, but he offers no defensive pressure in the forward line and averaged 1.7 marks a game for 10 weeks which doesn't bode well for a forward. So it's all well and good to pot Jackson but it's amazing how easy it is to put up stats in the juicy solo ruck position.
Not sure that is true. In round 11 when Fremantle beat Melbourne Darcy had 32 hitouts to Gawn's 20. Jackson and Lobb both had 7. Max had 8 marks to Darcys 4 but Darcy had 3 tackles to Gawn's 1. Gawn had 20 disposals to Darcys 16. The Dockers had 40 clearances to 30 and Dockers had 14 Centre Clearances to 10. Darcy was a key component in the advantage the Dockers had.

In round 20 Darcy had 37 hitouts to Gawn's 28 with Darcy having 4 tackles to Gawn's 3. Darcy had 19 possessions to Gawn's 14. They both only had 2 marks. I think Darcy would be the number 1 ruckman at almost all clubs. Darcy is only 24 and has improved each season. Every time I watch him I am impressed. There is no doubt most people would prefer Gawn but Darcy is on the same trajectory. Jackson is a very good footballer, but I don't see how he would displace Darcy.

Not sure that is true. In round 11 when Fremantle beat Melbourne Darcy had 32 hitouts to Gawn's 20. Jackson and Lobb both had 7. Max had 8 marks to Darcys 4 but Darcy had 3 tackles to Gawn's 1. Gawn had 20 disposals to Darcys 16. The Dockers had 40 clearances to 30 and Dockers had 14 Centre Clearances to 10. Darcy was a key component in the advantage the Dockers had.

In round 20 Darcy had 37 hitouts to Gawn's 28 with Darcy having 4 tackles to Gawn's 3. Darcy had 19 possessions to Gawn's 14. They both only had 2 marks. I think Darcy would be the number 1 ruckman at almost all clubs. Darcy is only 24 and has improved each season. Every time I watch him I am impressed. There is no doubt most people would prefer Gawn but Darcy is on the same trajectory. Jackson is a very good footballer, but I don't see how he would displace Darcy.
so what are u saying...Darcy would be ahead of 5

so Gawn is a 6 time AA, which means Darcy would have to have 6 consecutive AA's just to match Gawn lol. maybe if he lost weight and improved around the ground.

Definitely not, they have very little of value that they can afford to part with without condemning themselves. They need to retain senior talent to a degree.

Fremantle have the best 20-44 (or whatever the list size is) in the comp. Plenty of surplus to hack at and get ROI

we’re not too bad but I wouldn't go that far

I'm not against the Eagles doing that. But if the Eagles don't get the pick right then it'll set them back 5 years.

so what are u saying...Darcy would be ahead of 5

so Gawn is a 6 time AA, which means Darcy would have to have 6 consecutive AA's just to match Gawn lol. maybe if he lost weight and improved around the ground.
Bro. Stop. We've been through this, Darcy isn't fat. He's been playing through injury most of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back