Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Without getting 27 and your future 2nd back as well, I would probably blow up and lose my s**t. That would be an insane price for an OOC player

I would have to agree, we should be sending back a future 2nd unless we get on from GWS for Bedford.

Pick 13, Freo future 1st & NM future 2nd appears about right. It's close to a top 10 pick and another first rounder, which is what Melbourne want.

Not all firsts are equal. Pick 13 and Freo's future first (likely another teens pick) aren't great first rounders.

Pick 13, Freo future 1st & NM future 2nd appears about right. It's close to a top 10 pick and another first rounder, which is what Melbourne want.

Not all firsts are equal. Pick 13 and Freo's future first (likely another teens pick) aren't great first rounders.
Freo's future first could very well be in the top 10 too. Young team with a lot of changes I wouldn't say we're guaranteed a top 8 spot at all.

Melbourne need a premium pick for a premium player.

I don’t mind sending back future 2nd and future 3rds to counter out the North pick but it’s on Freo to either find a premium pick or give up enough that guarantees Melbourne can.

The 3 firsts for Jeremy Cameron:

Connor Stone, Ryan Angwin and Brayden Cook for Ryan Willis and Paul Curtis. Curtis might be the best player in that bunch.

Freo mid to late firsts in recent years: Chapman (good player) but Lachie Weller, Sam Sturt, Michael Apeness, Josh Simpson?

May as well send us 3 WAFL players if 13’s the backbone of the deal.

I don’t mind sending back future 2nd and future 3rds to counter out the North pick but it’s on Freo to either find a premium pick or give up enough that guarantees Melbourne can.

Connor Stone, Ryan Angwin and Brayden Cook for Ryan Willis and Paul Curtis. Curtis might be the best player in that bunch.

Freo mid to late firsts in recent years: Chapman (good player) but Lachie Weller, Sam Sturt, Michael Apeness, Josh Simpson?

Err, you want a premium pick but don't want Weller?

News flash, he's worth a little less than pick 2.

Cameron is a great player than Jackson, and that was 13,15 and 20 for two 2nd rounders back. One being the bombers.

You come up with the 2 2nd round picks, and we can talk about 3 top 20 picks.

He's a good player but has nothing on Cameron.

Big upside though, however will not be a Gawn-like ruck or Cameron-like forward.

13 + F1st + North's F2nd for Jackson + our F2nd + Brisbane's F2nd (from GWS for Toby Bedford). That would be similar to the Jeremy Cameron trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see a 3 way trade that involves us sending North's future 2nd to Collingwood for Grundy if Collingwood hold firm that 27 isn't enough

Freo: 13, Future 1st, Norths 2nd for Jackson and 27

Melbourne: Jackson and 27 for 13, Freo's future 1st and Grundy

Collingwood: Grundy for North's Future 2nd

Maybe some late picks going around too

Cameron is a great player than Jackson, and that was 13,15 and 20 for two 2nd rounders back. One being the bombers.

You come up with the 2 2nd round picks, and we can talk about 3 top 20 picks.
Not saying he’s Cameron, and I’m happy to include at least a future second and I’d even try to find another, just pointing out how abysmal that deal has been for GWS.

With hindsight GWS shouldn’t have sent anything back and should’ve asked for more, including at least 1 proper early pick.

I’d take the Cerra trade over the GWS deal of 3 ordinary firsts.

GWS dont have Brisbanes future 2nd unless I read that trade wrong? And that would be absolutely crazy for GWS to give you a future 2nd for Bedford...
No you're right. Brisbane have GWS F2nd. I got it around the wrong way.

Anyway the point is I agree that 2 x 2nds would need to go back for 13 + F1st + North's F2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back