Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We can invite him back if you would rather. lol it’s done that’s all that matters.
they said he wants to step away so he doesnt have a sacking on record

hopefully an oppo club picks him up and he destroys them from within like he did us

That yellow from the early 2000's was ****in sexy!!!!!
images

He had to have done a pretty good job previously, otherwise he would never have got the role. Just out of his depth when he is the man in charge.

Good servant, shit at any form of management type.
cant help yaself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was it 5/6 ACLs this year? endless soft tissue injuries. Lost both FB & FF bookends 2yrs in a row, thats this losers legacy at our club, lets hope he never gets another job in any footy department, at any level again. Pissoff
I hope he gets a gig at carltoon colonwood drugland or the scatters

I don't know the bloke personally. All I want is the biggest and best club in the land to fill their critical roles with the best candidates. I was shocked when Caro reported on Footy Classifieds last year that Richmond wasn't going to hold interviews for a replacement, they were just going to promote the bloke in charge of setting up witches hats and carrying the Gatorade. Ross the boss was unhappy with his Physical Performance Manager, so he sacked him and poached a better one after 6 rounds. WCE have already come out and said they're going to conduct a worldwide search to find their replacement.

Next year approx $4mil? out of our $14mil salary cap is tied up in aging 4 players:
Dusty $1.3 mil 32yrs 9 months start of season 2024
Lynch $1.5 mil 31yrs 6 months start of season 2024
Prestia $700k+ 31yrs 6 months start of season 2024
Grimes $400k? 32yrs 9 months start of season 2024

Almost 30% of our players salaries will be taken up by 4 aging stars. All 4 are gonna need minor miracles to keep them relatively injury free for the remainders of their contracts. Next year surely will be Grime's last and most likely Prestia's with his injuries stacking up. Lynch and Dusty up forward on reduced 80% minutes, 20 games a year could potentially make it to 2026?
That has next to zero chance of happening with our current setup. $100,000,000 business can be brought undone by buying a cheap no named gasket from China. With Hardwick gone and the drum rolls are beating louder the Coaches Association wanting the soft cap brought back to pre-covid. The club can afford to spend up big in other areas by having a young untried Senior coach on peanuts.

Anyone who says Benny hasn't been coasting the last 2 years is delusional. I started this thread in May 2023 but had been thinking and randomly posting about it for months prior.

As I said $4 million of our $14 million salary cap tied up in: Dusty, Lynch, Prestia, Grimes.
They played a combined 34 out of 92 games and dare say out of the measly 34 games broke down and were subbed out in 5 or 6 games. Htf was Prestia played against the Blues after gather round in 30° heat 4 days prior with interstate travel. Wtf did Lynch come back for Dustys 300th when he could've had an extra fortnight to be cherry ripe with the bye. This entire season was flushed down the toilet by not acting a minimum of 12 months earlier.

Gray's mysterious 8 week hammy was 8 weeks ago and still listed at 2-3 weeks? Saboteurs from Geelong couldn't keep our players like MRJ and Ross out as long as our recovery team has. It's not just Louie the rot has set in the whole dept needs replacing. Louie's lazy appointment was the same as Toces lazy appointment. Literally hired the only bloke unemployed still after 4 months. Why weren't we trying to poach the best in the business or at least interviewing them? The sad thing is it will be 5 - 6 years before we find out if Toce is any good at his job. At least the new CEO did what Benny p1ss farted around and failed to do.

The new bloke can only be an upgrade.

Do you really think another club would be stupid enough him to touch him after him being in charge after the biggest injury crisis a team has ever had?
IMG_2831.gif

they said he wants to step away so he doesnt have a sacking on record

hopefully an oppo club picks him up and he destroys them from within like he did us
Interesting the article said he was ex Geelong, obviously planted at our club as an IED (improvised explosive device)

Wonder if the lads all called for shots when they heard this news during the Mad Monday celebrations today?

Season 5 Drinking GIF by Ex On The Beach

What was it 5/6 ACLs this year? endless soft tissue injuries. Lost both FB & FF bookends 2yrs in a row, thats this losers legacy at our club, lets hope he never gets another job in any footy department, at any level again. Pissoff
I hope he gets another AFL gig. Let him ruin one of our opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Back