Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, what do we reckon was Louie's best piece of work in the last couple years?

- Lynch foot 2023/hammy 2024. Masterful work keeping our most important player on the sidelines that long. Masterful
- Bauer hammy on debut, 1st quarter!! Louie was even caught grinning after the poor kid was subbed out! Unbelievable
- Ross foot stress fracture after having already played 8 games in 2024??? WTF
- Mate Colina the 8 game wonder. 4 years contracted!! 8 games! He don't give a f*ck who you are!
- Gibcus 2023 hammy. Had to send this c*nt to Qatar!! Louie had NFI
- Campbell Gray hammy. 4 goals in his first game in the Richmond system and he's gone for 8 f*ckin weeks!!
- Lefau ACL. Oh look! A promising second/third tall. Not under my watch says big Louie. GONE
- Grimes back injury. Early retirement for you Dyl, go play some golf or something. Thanks for your service!
- Tom Brown shoulders. Needed surgery all year but Louie sent this poor campaigner out there every week! No sympathy
- Pickett calf. Getting close to 100 for F/S are we Marlion?? Not so fast campaigner. RETIRE on 90!
- Hopper countless soft tissue. Louie replaced this blokes legs with tissue paper and sewed him back up week after week!
- MRJ ankle. Oh you thought you were finding some form and progression Maurice? BANG Louie strikes again

The best in the business. Goodbye Louie.

Definitely the Lynch injury. Killed 2 seasons.

Never forget when the club released footage of Lynch on the zero gravity cross trainer and we saw him getting off and looking absolutely ****ed as he limped away. Really did look like they amputated his leg.

To turn a broken foot into a season ending hammy also takes a special talent.

Vale Louie.

Celebrate Rest In Peace GIF by Jason Clarke

Is Louie responsible for our VFL boys going down as well? These guys are 38 hr a week boys and have a full time job and a few were sidelined. You missed Clarke as that was a classic act of negligence and lack of duty of care.
I'm really worried the club could have a future Class action against them for negligence as you could see the outcome before the event.

Juddy is the one that makes me the most angry. Not sure if that was a Louie job but whoever made to call to send him back on after having just done his ACL can piss off as well.

Is Louie responsible for our VFL boys going down as well? These guys are 38 hr a week boys and have a full time job and a few were sidelined. You missed Clarke as that was a classic act of negligence and lack of duty of care.
I'm really worried the club could have a future Class action against them for negligence as you could see the outcome before the event.

The Clarke one was truly bizarre. Ripper goal though

The new CEO fired Meehan?
Don't think so.
its been reported on his first day dunne walked in the door at swinburne centre ignored all greetings and extended hands, strode briskly down the hall towards the physio area, located louie pointing and laughing at a bunch of xrays and suplexed him through a massage table.

its been reported on his first day dunne walked in the door at swinburne centre ignored all greetings and extended hands, strode briskly down the hall towards the physio area, located louie pointing and laughing at a bunch of xrays and suplexed him through a massage table.

Yeh, that part is true.
But he didn’t sack him.

Yeh, in the end injuries killed us, and by injuries its more like the injury of Lynch. Having Jack not even being able to jump 30cm off the ground and still be triple teamed showed how easy we were to defend. No targets inside 50 that are any threat to the opposition just has such a massive cascading effect on the team

• Midfielders win the ball but then second guess themselves going forward as your goal starts to become don't let the defenders intercept it rather that actually find a target.
  • Ball doesn't come to ground as much, so small forwards struggle.
  • Opposition defenders can intercept and rebound quickly which puts pressure on your transition defence which as an ageing team really tests our fitness to cover the ground
  • Backline then struggles as the ball comes in quickly and from good angles which leaves you exposed.

Absolutely. Cats are the same as non-Vic teams. Genuine home ground gets you a few extra home and away season wins if you're decent which then makes it easier to make it the finals, but then MCG tenants get the advantage in finals.

This year if the Cats lose 1 extra game and they are sitting 7th. 2 extra games they are in the 8 on percentage. Having a genuine home ground that's an odd size which most teams have very little experience in gives them AT LEAST a couple extra wins a year.

Now they are still run well and keep themselves as a good competitive team year after year which is incredibly hard to do, but that advantage lets them consistently seperate from the pack of those non-flag contenders trying to make finals. So instead of sometimes just making the 8, sometimes just missing, they instead make finals most of the time and sneak into the top 4 regularly. I think their record in finals shows that too.

And the fixture they got. Holy moly.

And I refuse to use “draw” when it comes to the scheduling of games. Especially when it comes to the handbaggers this year. It’s a total fix-ture.

But the media will never call it out. I wish for once one commentator would call it out the advantage they have. Won’t happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add Kane Lambert to the list of departures

Burgess to Carlton is the rumour
Dunne asleep at the wheel
we dont want the campaigner , knocked us back when we were on the verge of a dynasty

I doubt we'd go down that path again after that

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Back