Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I just googled that Storm dude. Was at the Golden State Warriors prior to them and seems pretty highly rated.

Only knock on him would be no experience with an AFL team.
Seems to have had some experience with Brisbane Lions.... just not sure when that was

Edit... I was looking up Lachlan Penfold... not Adam Basil

Last edited:
I just googled that Storm dude. Was at the Golden State Warriors prior to them and seems pretty highly rated.

Only knock on him would be no experience with an AFL team.
NBA and NRL, what a contrast!!!
An appointment like that would be ballsy and outside the square.
It could go one of two ways - a complete disaster or a brilliant left field appointment.

If he is good he has time to learn and improve with the team.
That’s true, and these dudes are at the forefront of sports science, surely they are all over the different training techniques needed for AFL v NRL v NBA.
Just on your point re having the time to learn and improve, It still confuses the * out of me how Meehan failed so dismally. I mean wasn’t he at the club and an apprentice to previously very successful physical performance managers. Either he was a very poor learner or tried something radically different to his predecessor

That’s true, and these dudes are at the forefront of sports science, surely they are all over the different training techniques needed for AFL v NRL v NBA.
Just on your point re having the time to learn and improve, It still confuses the * out of me how Meehan failed so dismally. I mean wasn’t he at the club and an apprentice to previously very successful physical performance managers. Either he was a very poor learner or tried something radically different to his predecessor

I would say Meehanbobbymagee had some mixture of the following in his repertoire:

- some radical ideas on conditioning athletes he has likely adopted from some person who has never conditioned an AFL footballer, or worse still, that he formulated himself, and/or

- a deficiency in focus where he just wasn't focussing on the right things at the right times or to the right extent.

Some people make errors and learn from the experience. Some make errors and get stuck making the same errors.

still not announced

carltoon a club thats playing finals announce theirs yet we are sitting around with our thumbs in our mouths
I could edit this for accuracy

What's the damn hold up? Surely we were sounding out potential candidates well before Meehan 'stood down'.
We have a world famous recruiting firm scouring the globe for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defending the club over injuries is ludicrous

We are the worst in the comp, Tom Lynch is in a moon boot still and I reckon he's got a broken wrist instead
Wrist bone connected the arm bone……………..

Honestly, I think he, like the carlton bloke, tried something different and it backfired spectacularly. Doesnt need to be completely outside the box to fail, these guys are finely tuned athletes, mess with things by a few too many percentiles and it could have unforeseen ramifications

Honestly, I think he, like the carlton bloke, tried something different and it backfired spectacularly. Doesnt need to be completely outside the box to fail, these guys are finely tuned athletes, mess with things by a few too many percentiles and it could have unforeseen ramifications
That’s probably about right!
You wonder if at some stage, he thought this ain’t working, time to go back to tried and trusted conditioning methods.

Obviously too late by that stage, but we are talking players careers.
As the casualties stack up, you got to reassess

We are still advertising…

So what’s obvious is we tried for rivals S&C people and have failed to attract and are now going to market.
Didn’t Meehan “quit”? It’s possible the plan was to retain him and now the club has been caught on the hop

We are still advertising…

Where do we apply ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Back