Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The article above is from the herald sun and it made me feel like we have dropped the ball a bit with being at the top with what we give our players. Try to get the best staff in but the technology we use has to be cutting edge too. Maybe this Punt rd redevelopment has been th3 cause of us falling behind in terms of money spent elsewhere.
That article addresses where the problem is and went and got one off the better ones around no mucking around. We on the other hand never admitted the problem and just brought it up as bad luck has hit us! We as a club is failing in most positions and need a quick fix before we become another saints dogs full of promise but nothing to show for it. Hopefully Dunne and Cara is a start.

What's most concerning about that LinkedIn listing is that it only went up two days ago.

That suggests that we're either very slow to react or all of the guys we headhunted said no.
I think if you join the dots, it’s quite obvious that we had a good crack at Burgess. He was in contract at crows and it appears we thought we could get the contract broken. Hence we moved on Meehan and didn’t advertise.

Then Crows stood their ground (unlike 2017 GF😂😂🥳🥳) and wouldn’t let him go.

Now we’re back to Sq 1 advertising for the role.

Shit happens! Better to have a crack at one of the best around and fail than not even try.

We had some great people in the club that have moved on. Now time to back the club to continue to make good appointments. Meehan didn’t work so they’ve done the right thing and moved him on. Back them in to make another good appointment.

I think if you join the dots, it’s quite obvious that we had a good crack at Burgess. He was in contract at crows and it appears we thought we could get the contract broken. Hence we moved on Meehan and didn’t advertise.

Then Crows stood their ground (unlike 2017 GF😂😂🥳🥳) and wouldn’t let him go.

Now we’re back to Sq 1 advertising for the role.

Shit happens! Better to have a crack at one of the best around and fail than not even try.

We had some great people in the club that have moved on. Now time to back the club to continue to make good appointments. Meehan didn’t work so they’ve done the right thing and moved him on. Back them in to make another good appointment.

Thats called amateur.

I looked through the ad. It was posted about 10 days ago and in one place says closed on Friday and in another it says closes Monday. So give or take a week or two to sort through it, then maybe some notice for whoever gets the job to give their former employer, so probably just making the start of preseason

I wouldn't read too much into the job being advertised externally. Most big corporates have a policy to advertise every role externally, even if they have someone lined up for the role. That way they can say they have given everyone a fair go....even when they haven't.
I thought it was law that you had to advertise the position, whether that be internal or external?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was law that you had to advertise the position, whether that be internal or external?
That’s my understanding as well. Every position has to be advertised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Luke Meehan Departs Richmond

Back