Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks exciting but we need an elite midfielder as a priority

At the time I would have liked to have traded up for Hollands, but even he's played less than Pedlar.

Might have meant we might have lost our Rachele pick in the process. Hopefully Pedlar and Rachele ends up being better than going all in for Hollands.

Dawson's not in the calibre of player I'm talking about. I'm talking about league elites. It will be ok if Pedlar isn't one of those guys, but becomes as good as Dawson, but it means we're still a long way back from where we need to go midfield wise and it means we have no elite midfield prospects.
I'd hope we don't have our eggs in the basket of a pick 11 to become our next elite midfielder in the first place tbh.

Pedler has some weapons.
He could be a very high quality player.
I guess that's why we didn't play him all year. We don't like to get games into the young talent.
Must admit I didn’t know exactly what pedler brought to the table before yesterday. After yesterday though I can why the scouts compared him to a Toby Greene type. Had 11 possessions but felt like 25 because he was so damaging. Didn’t realise his kick was so penetrating, hard as nails and also has some pace. We will have the most damaging forward in the league soon. The midfield however is still a worry

We haven't drafted any midfielders higher, so what other eggs do we have?
Midfielders can come on quicker than key forwards and defenders.

I think we had a very solid strategy to go the midfield last in the rebuild.

Compare to North who have gone midfield first. They get more pick 1s though with this approach, don't they?

The next 2 years will demonstrate which approach is better, in the meantime its now we need that elite midfielder.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Midfielders can come on quicker than key forwards and defenders.

I think we had a very solid strategy to go the midfield last in the rebuild.

Compare to North who have gone midfield first. They get more pick 1s though with this approach, don't they?

The next 2 years will demonstrate which approach is better, in the meantime its now we need that elite midfielder.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quicker than small forwards? We didn't have that strategy at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson's not in the calibre of player I'm talking about. I'm talking about league elites. It will be ok if Pedlar isn't one of those guys, but becomes as good as Dawson, but it means we're still a long way back from where we need to go midfield wise and it means we have no elite midfield prospects.
Wait, I thought the goal was to develop a premiership quality list by nailing draft picks? If a pick 11 turned out to be Jordan Dawson quality that's a successful pick, whether you consider Dawson to be 'elite' or not. If you set the bar for elite high enough that Dawson doesn't make it you're talking the best players in the league, in which case you certainly don't expect that level at pick 11.

Must admit I didn’t know exactly what pedler brought to the table before yesterday. After yesterday though I can why the scouts compared him to a Toby Greene type. Had 11 possessions but felt like 25 because he was so damaging. Didn’t realise his kick was so penetrating, hard as nails and also has some pace. We will have the most damaging forward in the league soon. The midfield however is still a worry
I compared him to Luke Hodge when I saw him play as a Jr.

I still see Pedlar a MID / FWD ......not the other way round

Might take another 3 years for those mid minutes to grow, and his body really harden up ......that's 23 YO target

Just on forwards/mids...

Am I right in saying Rozee won the u16 championship medal playing midfield? Then played mostly forward and now has moved back to midfield? Look at him now.

Rachele also won the u16 championship medal playing as a midfielder, no reason he can't follow the same path.

Last edited:
Just on forwards/mids...

Am I right in saying Rozee won the u16 championship medal playing midfield? The played mostly forward and now has moved back to midfield? Look at him now.

Rachele also won the u16 championship medal playing as a midfielder, no reason he can't follow the same path.
Bang on the money. :thumbsu::padlock:

Just on forwards/mids...

Am I right in saying Rozee won the u16 championship medal playing midfield? Then played mostly forward and now has moved back to midfield? Look at him now.

It’s almost mandatory now for the young kids coming through to play multiple positions. Rozee made his name at SANFL league level playing across half back.

Apart from obvious ruck or key position players pretty much all others coming through the systems will have or should have played a variety of roles.

Just on forwards/mids...

Two of the greatest midfielders of the century (Ablett and Dangerfield) spent a lot of their early years playing forward.

Two of the greatest midfielders of the century (Ablett and Dangerfield) spent a lot of their early years playing forward.
Andrew McLeod - HF and HB
Mark Ricciuto - BP
Tyson Edwards - BP
Jason Akermanis - FP/HF
Peter Bell - FP

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Back