News Lumumba's documentary and recent comments

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree that he should gave been allowed to sit out the game and I am yet to read that he wanted to sit out the game. Ed's thoughtless remark was dealt with via appropriate channels and did not require players from Collingwood expressing their displeasure with a boycott of the team.
It sounds as though he was reluctant to play. If this is the case he should have been supported.

Very important issue.
Very sensitive.
Very human discussion.
On the whole I have to commend this board in a very good discussion. Can be thought provoking.

Ofcourse why someone would want to use this very important issue as a weapon to bludgeon individuals they despise has got me beat.

I would have thought this important issue trumps personal vindictive agendas.

Ironic.

Very important issue.
Very sensitive.
Very human discussion.
On the whole I have to commend this board in a very good discussion. Can be thought provoking.

Ofcourse why someone would want to use this very important issue as a weapon to bludgeon individuals they despise has got me beat.

I would have thought this important issue trumps personal vindictive agendas.
His career is over, looking for another platform to stay revelant or appear in the next big brother reality bs show.

His career is over, looking for another platform to stay revelant or appear in the next big brother reality bs show.
Ah Big Brother.
Greta Killeen was a good host.

Last edited:
It's a real shame that racism in the club resulted in Krak retiring earlier than he should've. Doesn't take much of a brain to know calling a black man 'chimp' is about as racist as it gets

We all know Harry O is a bit of weirdo, but you can't really defend calling him chimp.
Krak was delisted iirc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds as though he was reluctant to play. If this is the case he should have been supported.
He could have been supported and still played. It also sounds like he was grateful to Ed for his support post prison. What would he have achieved by not playing? Perhaps supporters could also have boycotted the game, or the entire team refuse to take the field?

I'm glad that Krakouer didn't allow Ed's stupidity to affect his participation. Though he might think otherwise, Ed is not Collingwood. He is one man with a mouth that gets him in trouble - he might be president but does not speak for the players or supporters.

He could have been supported and still played. It also sounds like he was grateful to Ed for his support post prison. What would he have achieved by not playing? Perhaps supporters could also have boycotted the game, or the entire team refuse to take the field?

I'm glad that Krakouer didn't allow Ed's stupidity to affect his participation. Though he might think otherwise, Ed is not Collingwood. He is one man with a mouth that gets him in trouble - he might be president but does not speak for the players or supporters.
I would have thought it was about supporting his Aboriginal Brother. As I said, if he wanted to sit out the game he should have been supported to do so.

For everyone bar Collingwood supporters, Ed speaks for the club and by extension, the players and us the supporters/members.
That's why I've spent the last few years being embarrassed when admitting my affiliation.
Never hide my Black and White stripes, but god he makes it hard.

For everyone bar Collingwood supporters, Ed speaks for the club and by extension, the players and us the supporters/members.
On this point, you are right.

The Collingwood package comes with Ed.

How people see us has a big dollop of Ed.

On this point, you are right.

The Collingwood package comes with Ed.

How people see us has a big dollop of Ed.
It could be worse. We could have had Jeff Kennett or John Elliott as president. I doubt I could support a club presided over by either of these men.
I would have thought it was about supporting his Aboriginal Brother. As I said, if he wanted to sit out the game he should have been supported to do so.
He can support his brother in ways that did not involve him withdrawing from the team. You are assuming he wanted to sit out the game. From where does this information come? I can barely be accused of reading copiously on the subject, but I have not seen anything that indicates he did not want to play.

It could be worse. We could have had Jeff Kennett or John Elliott as president. I doubt I could support a club presided over by either of these men.
I suspect your political leanings are showing.
Prefer neither of those too, but Jeff is 10,000 times better than John Elliot.
Jeffs work for Beyong Blue, and depression awareness is a massive respect from me. Not interested in the other stuff. What political stripe someone is just is so ho hum for me. But if they do genuine good, like beyond blue, I will respect that.
Elliot's never done anything foranyone, comes across as a nasty piece of work.

That's why I've spent the last few years being embarrassed when admitting my affiliation.
Never hide my Black and White stripes, but god he makes it hard.
I don't really buy into the social causes of the club because I have my own thoughts on the relevant issues. Be that the case, his behaviour is the least of my concerns unless what he says or does has a direct effect on the performance of the team.

He can support his brother in ways that did not involve him withdrawing from the team. You are assuming he wanted to sit out the game. From where does this information come? I can barely be accused of reading copiously on the subject, but I have not seen anything that indicates he did not want to play.
I'm not assuming he wanted to sit out the game at all. I was nearly saying he should have been allowed to if that's what he wanted to do. He said he felt pressured to play, a certain amount of inference is required.

I don't really buy into the social causes of the club because I have my own thoughts on the relevant issues. Be that the case, his behaviour is the least of my concerns unless what he says or does has a direct effect on the performance of the team.
You don't think his comments, re King Kong, had an effect on our on field performance?
Living in a bubble my friend.

You don't think his comments, re King Kong, had an effect on our on field performance?
Living in a bubble my friend.
Easy does it, champ.
I did say unless............
In any case, how do you prove that it had an effect on the team's onfield performance?

Actually
in the following rounds
We beat the Lions by 49
Melbourne by 83
Dogs by 33..

Perhaps a delayed effect?

Last edited:
I suspect your political leanings are showing.
Prefer neither of those too, but Jeff is 10,000 times better than John Elliot.
Jeffs work for Beyong Blue, and depression awareness is a massive respect from me. Not interested in the other stuff. What political stripe someone is just is so ho hum for me. But if they do genuine good, like beyond blue, I will respect that.
Elliot's never done anything foranyone, comes across as a nasty piece of work.
You are correct about leanings. I thoroughly dislike Jeff Kennett as a person and politician, largely stemming from my experience from a teacher's perspective of him as state premier. As for people redeeming themselves through their charitable and humanitarian acts subsequent to their regrettable term in power, from my perspective, Malcolm Fraser was far more impressive than Kennett. Eddie being a noted republican certainly has more appeal to my political sensitivities than Kennett or John ('We paid the sheilas off and never heard from them again') Elliott.

Kennett deserves some respect for his work with Beyond Blue, but not to the extent that I can forgive him for stripping the public sector of major enterprises, buildings, land and people, and in particular, forcing teachers on to contracts for which they had to reapply every year. Fraser was a different person altogether once he lost the prime ministership, so much so that I forgave and forgot the role he played in bringing down the Whitlam government and my negative memory of his years in office.

But as you say, there are leanings on display here that cannot be denied, nor do I intend to hide them.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Lumumba's documentary and recent comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back