Roast Biased Commentating Against Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh great, another sooking thread.

It's just embarrassing.

A lot of people said we'd tank after last year's 'fluke'.

Plenty said that we'd be 0-4 at the start of the season.

We're now on top of the ladder.

We're a team which defies death, what a bunch of mediocre humans say about us on the TV really shouldn't be on the radar.

Lewis at the start of year didn't rate Collingwood at all and picked us outside of the 8. Some "experts" picked us top 4 and some, lower on the ladder BUT everyone picked us in the top 8. Whether he is simply sticking to his guns or there's a bit more to it, I dunno? But each time he talks about Collingwood or does commentry during a game, imo there's a clear bias against us. He is at pains to give any sort of compliement unless it's towards Pendlebury.

F**k HIM!
Even after being 3-0 after round 3 he said on AFL 360 he wasn't convinced and we would still fall out of the top 8.

Press Conference Kermit GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentators sound like they are Calling the Game from our Opposition Cheersquad.

Give Collingwood hardly any Credit and the Dissapointment in there Voices when we win is just as Bad

Guys, we need to grow up.

The commentators don't hate us. They rarely are even biased (obviously Ricciuto was though). They have been generally complementary overall with our team, game style, etc. Even traditionally anti-Collingwood voices (like Andy Maher and Gerald Healy) are singing the praises of the team. If you pick up on some opposition barracking from them at times, it is for the theatre of trying to have the underdog succeed.

Either way, who honestly cares?

Does it really matter?
Fly would say he didn’t notice it and move on.
If it bothers you that much, turn the volume off and watch the game like you’re at the footy.
Simples.
When Eddie was commentating, I never understand the theory that football commentary needs to be unbiased and I don't understand it now either. The only blokes at the footy who should be unbiased are the umpires - the game needs the rest of us to continue to be biased lunatics - that's why the game thrives.

The commentators might hate us (I don't believe that for a second) but I have never seen so much love for our club coming from the Carlton board. You should have a read of their thread on opposition games. Many saying they were barracking for us because we were being shafted by the umps and others saying how good we are to watch and how incredible it must be to be a Pies supporter at the moment. I've never seen anything like it! :)

Don’t trust them.

I think we get a good run. Understand opposition fans going off at BT after Brisbane game but I think he over compensates and actually tries not to be bias when calling pies games.
Commentators will always back the underdog and they would enjoy calling Pies games at the moment.

FC summary of the game was about Crows should be 7-0 with missing goals and ******** Korns relishing the demise of Naicos and throwing praise of the rough house tactics of some of the Crows players on Nick

Serious **** head TV at its best!

Fox Footy should consider bringing back Press Red for Ed on a permanent basis. I would be happy to pay an extra $5 on my monthly subscription for this or to ensure Huddo or Lewis are not commenting on our games. Look forward to the day I don't have to listen to BT.... Flog

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it's strange that they don't offer team based commentary for every team in 2023, I always liked press red for Ed, was a bit of fun. Or at least give us the option of crowd noise only.

I think it's strange that they don't offer team based commentary for every team in 2023, I always liked press red for Ed, was a bit of fun. Or at least give us the option of crowd noise only.
At one time you could select "crowd noise only" on Foxtel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Biased Commentating Against Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back