LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

what does everyone think about this weeks matches. I would think that Bridgy would find it pretty easy over Serp. Pyramid easily over marong. Inglewood v Newbridge could be closer than initially thought and YC v Miti would have to be match of the round...i think YC are 5 or 6 wins in a row currently

what does everyone think about this weeks matches. I would think that Bridgy would find it pretty easy over Serp. Pyramid easily over marong. Inglewood v Newbridge could be closer than initially thought and YC v Miti would have to be match of the round...i think YC are 5 or 6 wins in a row currently

I reckon Serp could surprise Bridgewater a bit.

To be honest, I actually think all games have the potential to be close.

Pyramid are capable but I think are downhill skiers, rely on too few... their games against Bridgey and YCW are what I'm referring to.

Who knows what Marong and Newbridge will do this week!? Can play good footy but only in patches. YCW to get 5-6 senior players back this week and at home against Miti this week, should be able to cement a top 3 spot. Miti won in Round 1, coming from 35 points down in last qtr. Don't think that will happen again.

The LVFL is throwing up a few surprises which is good.

Inglewood named 17 year old Billy Landry as there best against Newbridge..he kicked 4 goals. Stewy Balnaves is the right coach for Inglewood, he should be able to bring some good kids to the club in 2012.

Mitiamo kicked 5 goals in the first 10 minutes of their game against YCW. Then YCW gradually whittled away at the lead until they cracked the game open in the final quarter to have a 38 point win. YCW haven't lost a game since they last played Bridgewater, they meet again on Bridgewater's home turf this weekend. Obvious match of the round.

I reckon Serp could surprise Bridgewater a bit.

To be honest, I actually think all games have the potential to be close.

Pyramid are capable but I think are downhill skiers, rely on too few... their games against Bridgey and YCW are what I'm referring to.

Who knows what Marong and Newbridge will do this week!? Can play good footy but only in patches. YCW to get 5-6 senior players back this week and at home against Miti this week, should be able to cement a top 3 spot. Miti won in Round 1, coming from 35 points down in last qtr. Don't think that will happen again.

The LVFL is throwing up a few surprises which is good.

pyramid down hill skiers, watched the bridgy game, both side fresh at start of game, pyramid just outclassed bridgy, 1/4 and a 1/2 pyramid just stopped so bridgy ran over them, think you will see that 8 goal gap in the 2nd game will be there again, but this time pyramids way, they have to much class.:thumbsu:

pyramid down hill skiers, watched the bridgy game, both side fresh at start of game, pyramid just outclassed bridgy, 1/4 and a 1/2 pyramid just stopped so bridgy ran over them, think you will see that 8 goal gap in the 2nd game will be there again, but this time pyramids way, they have to much class.:thumbsu:

I love your tunnel visioned opinion and loyalty to Hill, but I think you'll be disappointed when they finish 3rd yet again.

Interesting to see PHill and Bridgey reserves are rubbish this year. They'll need to keep their senior side fit, that's for sure. YCW look to have the best all-round depth this year.

To win SENIOR premierships you're only as good as your bottom 10 players. (like Bridgey showed last year)

whats everyones thoughts on the big game tomorrow?

Reckon if yc are within 2-3 goals at last change could run over bridgey.
Still expecting bridgey to win but hopefully eagles give the comp some life

Have watched the Eagles a couple of times this year and although will give bridgy a good run for their money esp in the mids and run off half back they don't have the key backs to go with them all day.

Have watched the Eagles a couple of times this year and although will give bridgy a good run for their money esp in the mids and run off half back they don't have the key backs to go with them all day.

Well Disco... Bridgewater 13.14.92 were DEFEATED by YCW 15.9.99

That's 8 in a row for the Eagles. defeating Bridgewater at home is great news for the competition! Mixes it up a bit!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Fair to say the YCW Ball tonight will be rocking :D

Well Disco... Bridgewater 13.14.92 were DEFEATED by YCW 15.9.99

That's 8 in a row for the Eagles. defeating Bridgewater at home is great news for the competition! Mixes it up a bit!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Fair to say the YCW Ball tonight will be rocking :D

Always good to see Bridgy getting knocked off. YC now have to be considered real flag contenders. Feel a bit sorry for Inglewood this week who will take on Bridgy coming off a loss.

Always good to see Bridgy getting knocked off. YC now have to be considered real flag contenders. Feel a bit sorry for Inglewood this week who will take on Bridgy coming off a loss.

Its only one game.... Bridgewater are still a 5 goal better side than anybody in LVFL on their day. Look at Heathcote in the HDFL. Same there and they drew with the bottom side:rolleyes:

Its only one game.... Bridgewater are still a 5 goal better side than anybody in LVFL on their day. Look at Heathcote in the HDFL. Same there and they drew with the bottom side:rolleyes:

Well said Dennis...Bridgewater are definitely a side 5 - 20 goals better than any other team. The players all fit together so well, and no amount of $$ could buy a better team. They were just unlucky on that one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee this thread is buzzing with excitement...

Have heard on the grapevine that Pyramid Hill could be adding a late season recruit to assist on game day, not a player.

Gee this thread is buzzing with excitement...

Have heard on the grapevine that Pyramid Hill could be adding a late season recruit to assist on game day, not a player.

have any other clubs added any late recruits (prior to the june 30 cutoff) to help bolster their sides with finals soon approaching?

any thoughts on how the top 5 will end up with 6 rounds to go for all divisions??

have any other clubs added any late recruits (prior to the june 30 cutoff) to help bolster their sides with finals soon approaching?

any thoughts on how the top 5 will end up with 6 rounds to go for all divisions??

Bridgewater are gonna give a cpl of recruits from Nauru a run this weekend....the Bridgewater locals have gotta be happy paying for imports, whilst they let their talented locals go play elsewhere for $$....it's laughable...

Bridgewater are gonna give a cpl of recruits from Nauru a run this weekend....the Bridgewater locals have gotta be happy paying for imports, whilst they let their talented locals go play elsewhere for $$....it's laughable...

Shit call mate. If the locals are good enough then they will get a game. Its quite simple. If they piss off elsewhere then they dont truely have the club and the club's success at heart. Id be pissed too but you've got to bite your lip and look at the bigger picture and apparently these days its all about flags. So if the players are imported you embrace them.......

Shit call mate. If the locals are good enough then they will get a game. Its quite simple. If they piss off elsewhere then they dont truely have the club and the club's success at heart. Id be pissed too but you've got to bite your lip and look at the bigger picture and apparently these days its all about flags. So if the players are imported you embrace them.......

what!!! so Bridgewater are best to let Pollock, Collins and Co. leave the club to get paid elsewhere, and pay non-locals instead?? Surely local players would get more $ coming through the gate and more community support.

Pollock did not have the club at heart; he played in the premiership side from last year and would have been in the team this year. He chose to leave and chase coin in a lesser league, no loss there. Collins jumped on board late in the season last year trying to grab some easy success. He did no pre-season with the team and only came back because he was playing 2’s and the slags. Get a grip people

Pollock did not have the club at heart;

of course $ makes A. Baker have the club at heart! Reckon $800 could make alot of players have the club at heart. Pretty smart spending big money on imports, whilst that kind of money could make several talented locals stay, and therefore have the depth the team needs. Get a grip of yourself dude.

What's your problem with Bridgewater mate, are they the only club that are not allowed to recruit?? I am pretty sure every other club would have had a crack at him if they could afford it. You get a grip

of course $ makes A. Baker have the club at heart! Reckon $800 could make alot of players have the club at heart. Pretty smart spending big money on imports, whilst that kind of money could make several talented locals stay, and therefore have the depth the team needs. Get a grip of yourself dude.

Mate, no LVFL team would have 42 players that live locally to fill two sides. Embrace spending money to get imports because it will and has always happened. If the locals get upset let them the sooks. If i was a local and i was border line player and i could let an import come into the side to better it and make a difference to gain club success then i would. If he is a better player then tough t***ies. Run to your mum and change clubs................

Mate, quote]

Maaaate, you're missing the point.There are good local Bridgewater footballers that have gone elsewhere and getting paid $350 elsewhere. They left because Bridgewater doesn't reward the loyal locals. They probably would've stayed at Bridgewater for $150 each. $800 would've paid for 3 of these local boys, but $800 will pay for only for one fly by nighter.

Get a grip and tell me how that Bridgewater depth is going, maaaate.

Mate that is just a blight on whatever club is doing that and the depth at Bridgewater. Why would you pay someone $350 a game is they are only a seconds player at another club.
This club are doing exactly the same thing you are accusing Bridgewater of??
What is the difference mmmmmmaaaaaaaaaattttttttttteeeeeee

Mate that is just a blight on whatever club is doing that and the depth at Bridgewater. Why would you pay someone $350 a game is they are only a seconds player at another club.
This club are doing exactly the same thing you are accusing Bridgewater of??
What is the difference mmmmmmaaaaaaaaaattttttttttteeeeeee

Maaaate, get a grip on this. Natte Bealiba maybe a team in a lesser league, but the boys from Bridgewater that play there, are playing "ONES", like they did with the good ol' mean machine.

Good use of $800 maaaate! Got one senior player instead of three.

How's that depth going dude?

Remove this Banner Ad

LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back