LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh boys talk about something else, I've been around football and football banter for a long time and people are only interested and want to verbally bash the best sides. You would have been lucky to find anyone who would even want to talk about Bridgewater going back a few years ago and that's when they actually had some rough nuts hanging around there.

It's a bit like now how often do Inglewood & Newbridge get brought up? not very often..... & in the Bendigo they don't talk about Kyneton, Castlemaine and probably even our boys too much.

Street perception of a good side- They spend big money & and are arrogant.

Reality- Our Club is struggling to match them and need to go away and work on ways to be better.

I like it Dragon :thumbsu: And here I was thinking the hatred stemmed from several Bridgey lads now at Natte, seems everyone who aint part of the Mean Machine is off them - Tall Poppy syndrome at it's finest perhaps or are they fair dinkum just ordinary people like so many keyboard warriors under alias' are claiming???

I like it Dragon :thumbsu: And here I was thinking the hatred stemmed from several Bridgey lads now at Natte, seems everyone who aint part of the Mean Machine is off them - Tall Poppy syndrome at it's finest perhaps or are they fair dinkum just ordinary people like so many keyboard warriors under alias' are claiming???

The few blokes I know at Bridgey are good blokes

By the way nice pic on Chalkey's website old mate:D

James Essex...kicked 16 goals for Inglewood U17's against Serp...then later in the day, kicks a goal for the snrs...I bet an Inglewood kid hasn't kicked that many goals since Steve Geyer played U 16's in the early 70's.

James Essex...kicked 16 goals for Inglewood U17's against Serp...then later in the day, kicks a goal for the snrs...I bet an Inglewood kid hasn't kicked that many goals since Steve Geyer played U 16's in the early 70's.

Great to see James getting a game in the ones! Thats exactly what needs to be done out in Inglewood, play kids that warrant a spot in the seniors.

Its a bloody good effort. I dont care how good you are and how good your team is, at the end of the day you still have to be the one putting them through the goals. Thumbs up for the young lad hope Inglewood do EVERYTHING in their power to keep him, or send him in the right direction for development:thumbsu:

Its a bloody good effort. I dont care how good you are and how good your team is, at the end of the day you still have to be the one putting them through the goals. Thumbs up for the young lad hope Inglewood do EVERYTHING in their power to keep him, or send him in the right direction for development:thumbsu:

What is everyones thoughts here? Is a kid with clear talent better off staying at his bush league club, showing loyalty and hopefully becoming a gun player and a club legend? Or is it better to go and play a year in the BFL Under 18's which could then potentially keep him at that BFL club so he is developing and playing a higher standard of footy?

I remember when I was playing U18's at Square, we had David Rose play the first 5 or 6 games of the season with us on permit and was absolutely dominating games from the midfield but he then decided to go back to Inglewood and play seniors there.

It is a hard decision to make.

Inglewood named U17 player, Tynan Hywood, as best in the ones against Serp last weekend. Coach Balnaves is making the most of the list he has inherited. Young Landry has been given some good opportunities aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is everyones thoughts here? Is a kid with clear talent better off staying at his bush league club, showing loyalty and hopefully becoming a gun player and a club legend? Or is it better to go and play a year in the BFL Under 18's which could then potentially keep him at that BFL club so he is developing and playing a higher standard of footy?

I remember when I was playing U18's at Square, we had David Rose play the first 5 or 6 games of the season with us on permit and was absolutely dominating games from the midfield but he then decided to go back to Inglewood and play seniors there.

It is a hard decision to make.
Surely it is up to the kid to decide what he wants to do,he might be happy playing at Inglewood or he may have ambition,let him decide for himself. Besides recent history is littered with kids whose dreams have been shattered by being cut from pioneers lists,let them find their own level.

Having been in this situation, I stayed at my country club and thinking it to be beneficial to play against men rather then underage football. I knew i could get a kick against people of my own age, so i wanted to test myself (that and i wanted to play finals). I felt that this fast-tracked my development short term playing against seasoned players but in saying this, players who went into town and returned to the league showed more improvement in the long run. But as dennis suggested on, you need to be in a good environment that will help develop you.

so can BL/Serp break into the 5 and play finals this year?? Miti still has to play Calivil & Serp in the last round - could 5th spot come down to this last game???

alot of opinions seem to think that the Bridgewater imports may not be quality people either.

Things are a bit rocky at Miti

Nah, I'm just making up sh1t cam...no bites.

Serp will play finals. Miti are finished, players not training, and fighting with the selectors.

So what are we meant to believe Yabba when you have admitted talking crap in previous posts? You seem to have an issue with Bridgewater and now Mitiamo. Do you have any involvement with either club? Speaking to a miti player a couple of weeks ago they have had 30+ at training and haven’t had under 25 all year. Not sure what numbers are like at other clubs but thought that would be considered alright.

You have the tone in your last couple of posts of a scorned woman desperate for attention. When you haven’t received the attention you have stooped lower. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but flat out making up bull sh$t by your own admission about other clubs is low and desperate. Whats your problem?

So what are we meant to believe Yabba when you have admitted talking crap in previous posts? You seem to have an issue with Bridgewater and now Mitiamo. Do you have any involvement with either club? Speaking to a miti player a couple of weeks ago they have had 30+ at training and haven’t had under 25 all year. Not sure what numbers are like at other clubs but thought that would be considered alright.

You have the tone in your last couple of posts of a scorned woman desperate for attention. When you haven’t received the attention you have stooped lower. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but flat out making up bull sh$t by your own admission about other clubs is low and desperate. Whats your problem?

1. Several posts from others stated actions of Bridgewater players.

2. I heard a rumour about Miti and was putting the topic out there for others to offer information.

3. I quoted the information which I heard.

4. Serp will make finals, either Miti or Calivil will drop out of the finals, most likely Miti.

If I'm incorrect, thank you for advising me. This site relays information, rumours and opinions. Would you like a contribution of NOTHING?

1. Several posts from others stated actions of Bridgewater players.

2. I heard a rumour about Miti and was putting the topic out there for others to offer information.

3. I quoted the information which I heard.

4. Serp will make finals, either Miti or Calivil will drop out of the finals, most likely Miti.

If I'm incorrect, thank you for advising me. This site relays information, rumours and opinions. Would you like a contribution of NOTHING?

Great stuff Yabba. Even Robbo at the Herald Sun embellishes at times, but in the end its his opinion.

That what BigFooty is about... opinions (and rumours, jibes alluding to a lack of prowess? ha ha)...

Agree that Miti are on the slide.... the 2011 cup is between Bridgewater and YCW for mine.

Hey DC01, do you have any knowledge worthwile sharing on this thread? It's been a little quiet.

Did you ask your Miti mate which one of the magoos wanted to trade punches with the assistant coach?

I wanna know if what I heard was correct. :)

where's all the Pyramid Hill supporters crowin about beating Serp by 2 points? lucky win, verrry lucky :rolleyes:
Was actually a good win. With J. Rawnsley, A. Holdstock, G. James and S. Kennedy all out was good to fight it out and get the points. Did feel a bit for the Serp boys as they never deserved to lose it. They have come a long way in a short time and deserve to be part of the finals action. So Louie I don't think your giving Serp. the credit they deserve.

Unfortunately 8 out of 9 teams (plus a few from outside the league) think bridgy are w***ers and full of their own sh&t. I heard a comparison with Lleyton Hewitt which seemed quite appropriate. I guess they can say they are winning but as somebody said earlier the only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

How bad were the winners on Saturday disco? Big couple of weeks for Miti, by 5pm this Satdy the stage could be set for massive Rd.18 clash.

I noticed Chapman, coming off a bag of 5 missed the Bridgey game, will he be right to play this week? I remember him from his Heathcote days, surely his presence could have a big say in Miti's fortunes over in the next fortnight.

Remove this Banner Ad

LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back