Unsolved Madeleine McCann * Current Trial of Main Suspect Christian Brueckner

Remove this Banner Ad

So Kate's finger prints on the window to bedroom was an earlier use of the windows that day . His use was covered by wearing gloves (as Kurve has suggested). We are then left with an open window with only Kate's finger prints on it. Once inside by using sliding doors the window would definitely be used instead of sliding door as escape route. That way gives good concealment by a wrap around wall adjacent to the car spaces virtually hiding the drop space below that window

He might have exited through the other door and just shut it behind him. What burglar leaves through a window carrying whatever's stolen, risking dropping it and making a noise or being spotted by someone getting out a window. The risk is increased dramatically. Nobody pays much attention to anyone walking out a door.

A good burglar knows this I think.

He might have exited through the other door and just shut it behind him. What burglar leaves through a window carrying whatever's stolen, risking dropping it and making a noise or being spotted by someone getting out a window. The risk is increased dramatically. Nobody pays much attention to anyone walking out a door.

There was scant CCTV cameras in the whole area (3-4 in total). The route supposedly taken by the abductor carrying the child went right past one of them. By the time they got to it it was over written. If you are a burglar that knows the area as he does he would simply avoid a route that exposed him. If he is perp (and chances just went up significantly ) then I'm now thinking that the Smith sighting wasn't him at all. A red herring. He could drive his van and park it very close. No CCTV in the hotel. Abduct and be back in his van in seconds and leaving. I still think he would use the window because it provides shelter from detection in that drop zone. With very few cameras and the family and friends all at the bar per tip off he would walk no further than say 30-50 metres and park his van easy departure. If you were known in the area why would you walk hundreds of metres or more and past a CCTV that was the Smith sighting route? You wouldn't.

A good burglar knows this I think.
Kurve. If he is perp it means that Kate was truthful. Her testimony is that the window and shutters were locked when they went and open when they discovered her missing. So he must have opened them

Gerry's words in Portugese interview:

"Being portrayed as guilty was particularly difficult....er ah.......but not as hard ...as the night we found her missing”

ADMISSION OF GUILTY KNOWLEDGE

And on tape!!!!!

Slam dunk......open and shut.....thank you linesmen. Thank you ball boys.
This is terrible “evidence”, all it takes is the word missing on the end and it makes it completely different.

Kurve. If he is perp it means that Kate was truthful. Her testimony is that the window and shutters were locked when they went and open when they discovered her missing. So he must have opened them

Yes, I know Bruecker opened the window and I've explained why. It was to use as an emergency EXIT that he never had to use. IMO.

This is terrible “evidence”, all it takes is the word missing on the end and it makes it completely different.
Which is kind of the point. People usually convey the meaning they intend by their choice of words. They don't usually choose phraseology that conveys something entirely different. Besides an educated person wouldn't say .....found her missing.. it's incongruent language. You can't FIND something that's missing. You can and would say the night she went missing. What was said was imo what was intended it's just an accidental glimpse at truth driven by the undoubted grief of that moment being unable to be withheld. But hey that's my opinion

Which is kind of the point. People usually convey the meaning they intend by their choice of words. They don't usually choose phraseology that conveys something entirely different. Besides an educated person wouldn't say .....found her missing.. it's incongruent language. You can't FIND something that's missing. You can and would say the night she went missing. What was said was imo what was intended it's just an accidental glimpse at truth driven by the undoubted grief of that moment being unable to be withheld. But hey that's my opinion
Of course you can say you found them missing.
You can absolutely find out that something is missing.
I’m not suggesting he left the word off.
The interview/recording could have cut short.
Anyone could edit it to cut off that word as it makes it entirely different phrase.

To clarify and add to my earlier post, it was Lucie Blackman who was murdered in Japan in 2000 and her parents had a trust set up I think before the McCann's. The book on the case is called People who eat darkness by Richard Lloyd Parry.

Anyone could edit it to cut off that word as it makes it entirely different phrase.
Anything is possible including that we all live on planet Mars than planet earth. It's degrees of persuasiveness about objective truth that separates. I happen to think that the words phrase and complete sentence spoken by a person is what was meant. You think he intended to add a word to alter the meaning entirely to opposite and it was simply a mistake he didn't. Ok.

Anything is possible including that we all live on planet Mars than planet earth. It's degrees of persuasiveness about objective truth that separates. I happen to think that the words phrase and complete sentence spoken by a person is what was meant. You think he intended to add a word to alter the meaning entirely to opposite and it was simply a mistake he didn't. Ok.
If you’re going to reply to my post, at least have the decency to read it please.

The object of crime investigation is to solve crime by gathering evidence identifying suspects charging and convicting a prime suspect on the evidence gathered. Should be pretty simple really. To do so it mandates that the investigators.have a free path to take whatever investigative choices are required to pursue ALL the investigative paths to their natural conclusion.

Operation Grange (the UK investigation of Maddie abduction) may just be the only investigation in history where the remit of the investigation intentionally limits the investigative pathways. OG is established to investigate any evidence that may identify unnamed stranger abductors and ONLY that. It does not and cannot consider The McCanns nor a death before abduction. Gamble the head has stated that the powers that be have resolved on the evidence that this was the only possibility. Further explained....well Maddie was too young to leave by her own volition so by principle she must then have been taken by a stranger. When pressed on why Mcanns themselves are excluded he says that the role of PJ (Portuguese police) is respected and they cleared the MCcanns by removing Arguido status for them.

This is where the water gets murky. The Mcanns have NEVER been cleared as such. Rather, what transpired was that the DNA boot evidence was inconclusive. Dr Perlin the head DNA expert in the world has stated that his techniques and that of a NZ approach too are 15 years ahead of the techniques used in the McCann boot analyses done. He has stated that a definitive finding would be resolved in the space of a week. He has repeatedly volunteered his services pro bono to UK for that analysis to be done. They haven't even bothered to respond. A journalist has pursued with UK why his services haven't been used and likewise they don't even bother to respond. Seemingly the investigation won't pursue that which is outside of their remit. Because their remit is to only find an unnamed stranger abductor and the boot DNA evidence implicated only the MCcanns then further DNA analysis (even to resolve conclusively the inconclusive nature of previous analysis) is outside their remit.

Really?

This is where it gets even murkier. Amaral the PJ investigator who was sacked because of pressure brought to bear from UK government through Portuguese government then pressuring PJ to sack him from the investigation has commented in April 2019. A man currently in Jail in Germany was included amongst people we indentified in 2007. We investigated him and dismissed him as having no link to the case. Perhaps more evidence has come to light since? Interesting he also added that the UK authorities have intentionally corrupted the investigation from the start and that he has been told (don't know by whom) that a pedaphile held in jail in Germany will be used to close the case. (didn't know of or say how that would occur).

A lawyer who was in an apartment adjacent to McCann after the MCcanns relocated from 5a gave evidence that the Mcanns sought to air the boot by leaving it open several days running. The boot carpet was also washed and returned. People who used the car says the smell was pungent. She was so suspicious she reported it

So we have evidence of a horrible smell emanating from McCann hire car, hired 25 days after Maddie went missing, indications by both cadavar dog and blood dog in the boot of that car, recovery of DNA material from that location that was 15 of 19 match on DNA markers to Maddie but inconclusive as being 'mixed', an FBI witness statement analyst saying there is an embedded confession of horrible accidental death in Mcann interview, an uninterrupted interview with sound and vision where Gerry says:

"Being accused of guilt was particularly difficult but not nearly as bad as the night we found her"

and none of this would in the view of UK authorities be sufficiently credible to consider taking up a leading scientists offer to do DNA work at NO COST so as to resolve the inconclusive prior analysis

WOW is all I can say.

You hope that the evidence against Brueckner is incontrovertible. The 60 min comment of the lead prosecutor in Germany suggests it is. For now, based on the above I will keep a healthy scepticism for that unstated evidence.

When authorities don't want to pursue a resolution of DNA evidence where a positive rather than a 15 to 19 mixed match was all that was needed for PJ to charge McCann then there is something terribly wrong and seemingly it has a political source. That source may just as Amaral has said relate to UK intervention in the policing procedures of another country

I have a strong suspicion that we are going to get past 3/05/2022 at which time any action against McCann will lapse and then sometime in May or June it will be advised that Brueckner is no longer Arguido based on no further evidence. Surely not.

Of course by then Dr Perlins further findings will be academic

Political machinations and corruption sadly go hand in hand I'm afraid. Time will tell if my disgust is allayed or confirmed.

If this happens it will be very much like a magician waving his hand to distract and completing the trick with the other hand.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The object of crime investigation is to solve crime by gathering evidence identifying suspects charging and convicting a prime suspect on the evidence gathered. Should be pretty simple really. To do so it mandates that the investigators.have a free path to take whatever investigative choices are required to pursue ALL the investigative paths to their natural conclusion.

Operation Grange (the UK investigation of Maddie abduction) may just be the only investigation in history where the remit of the investigation intentionally limits the investigative pathways. OG is established to investigate any evidence that may identify unnamed stranger abductors and ONLY that. It does not and cannot consider The McCanns nor a death before abduction. Gamble the head has stated that the powers that be have resolved on the evidence that this was the only possibility. Further explained....well Maddie was too young to leave by her own volition so by principle she must then have been taken by a stranger. When pressed on why Mcanns themselves are excluded he says that the role of PJ (Portuguese police) is respected and they cleared the MCcanns by removing Arguido status for them.

This is where the water gets murky. The Mcanns have NEVER been cleared as such. Rather, what transpired was that the DNA boot evidence was inconclusive. Dr Perlin the head DNA expert in the world has stated that his techniques and that of a NZ approach too are 15 years ahead of the techniques used in the McCann boot analyses done. He has stated that a definitive finding would be resolved in the space of a week. He has repeatedly volunteered his services pro bono to UK for that analysis to be done. They haven't even bothered to respond. A journalist has pursued with UK why his services haven't been used and likewise they don't even bother to respond. Seemingly the investigation won't pursue that which is outside of their remit. Because their remit is to only find an unnamed stranger abductor and the boot DNA evidence implicated only the MCcanns then further DNA analysis (even to resolve conclusively the inconclusive nature of previous analysis) is outside their remit.

Really?

This is where it gets even murkier. Amaral the PJ investigator who was sacked because of pressure brought to bear from UK government through Portuguese government then pressuring PJ to sack him from the investigation has commented in April 2019. A man currently in Jail in Germany was included amongst people we indentified in 2007. We investigated him and dismissed him as having no link to the case. Perhaps more evidence has come to light since? Interesting he also added that the UK authorities have intentionally corrupted the investigation from the start and that he has been told (don't know by whom) that a pedaphile held in jail in Germany will be used to close the case. (didn't know of or say how that would occur).

A lawyer who was in an apartment adjacent to McCann after the MCcanns relocated from 5a gave evidence that the Mcanns sought to air the boot by leaving it open several days running. The boot carpet was also washed and returned. People who used the car says the smell was pungent. She was so suspicious she reported it

So we have evidence of a horrible smell emanating from McCann hire car, hired 25 days after Maddie went missing, indications by both cadavar dog and blood dog in the boot of that car, recovery of DNA material from that location that was 15 of 19 match on DNA markers to Maddie but inconclusive as being 'mixed', an FBI witness statement analyst saying there is an embedded confession of horrible accidental death in Mcann interview, an uninterrupted interview with sound and vision where Gerry says:

"Being accused of guilt was particularly difficult but not nearly as bad as the night we found her"

and none of this would in the view of UK authorities be sufficiently credible to consider taking up a leading scientists offer to do DNA work at NO COST so as to resolve the inconclusive prior analysis

WOW is all I can say.

You hope that the evidence against Brueckner is incontrovertible. The 60 min comment of the lead prosecutor in Germany suggests it is. For now, based on the above I will keep a healthy scepticism for that unstated evidence.

When authorities don't want to pursue a resolution of DNA evidence where a positive rather than a 15 to 19 mixed match was all that was needed for PJ to charge McCann then there is something terribly wrong and seemingly it has a political source. That source may just as Amaral has said relate to UK intervention in the policing procedures of another country
I have a strong suspicion that we are going to get past 3/05/2022 at which time any action against McCann will lapse and then sometime in May or June it will be advised that Brueckner is no longer Arguido based on no further evidence. Surely not.

Of course by then Dr Perlins further findings will be academic

Political machinations and corruption sadly go hand in hand I'm afraid. Time will tell if my disgust is allayed or confirmed.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Brueckner's van was seized in 2019. As of 22 April 2022 it was said they were waiting on DNA testing of that Van

Can someone tell me why, with a statute of limitations deadline looming that DNA testing would take 3 years to start?

Most of the hold ups over this will be jurisdictional and negotiations regards release of evidence for one of them, Germany or Portugal to pull a brief together for a prosecution.

Spain or Morocco might even be involved, Brueckner had interests there as well apparently. It's very complicated.

Or you could just apologize.
What’s the point in replying to something if you don’t read it?

OMG. I have no reason to apologise. You clearly haven't watched it yet chose to comment as to perceived inadequacies from that perspective.

The statement was in a televised Portugese interview with sound. There is no evidence that it was copied edited and posted online. I looked for that possibility. There is also no evidence that a word was simply deleted. The interview is several minutes long and the relevant comment is somewhere along the path. I didn't see or hear any evidence of tampering. A segment 16 sec in duration was extracted and loaded separately to focus on the sentence but not more. That was done because listening to the longer version takes concentration to locate the comment with interpreters speaking throughout. Quite painful in fact.

OMG. I have no reason to apologise. You clearly haven't watched it yet chose to comment as to perceived inadequacies from that perspective.

The statement was in a televised Portugese interview with sound. There is no evidence that it was copied edited and posted online. I looked for that possibility. There is also no evidence that a word was simply deleted. The interview is several minutes long and the relevant comment is somewhere along the path. I didn't see or hear any evidence of tampering. A segment 16 sec in duration was extracted and loaded separately to focus on the sentence but not more. That was done because listening to the longer version takes concentration to locate the comment with interpreters speaking throughout. Quite painful in fact.
Ok that’s the reply that should have been made.
Not the one suggesting I said something i didn’t.

Most of the hold ups over this will be jurisdictional and negotiations regards release of evidence for one of them, Germany or Portugal to pull a brief together for a prosecution.

Spain or Morocco might even be involved, Brueckner had interests there as well apparently. It's very complicated.

Thx Kurve

The registration I think was Portugal. The location was also I think Portugal. I suspect though that DNA analysis may be required Germany or UK or both.

There is an early sighting of a simar van with a child in Spain but that wouldn't affect prosecution I would t think. Three way jurisdictional input would be a major factor I think

Though Brueckner has refused to speak with police, 4 independent witnesses have now come forward speaking to a former detective Mark Thomas on behalf of Chanel 5 to assist in a documentary. They have independently corroborated his whereabouts in the time leading up to and on the night Maddie went missing. They've given witness statements and the information has been passed on to police.

Amaral identified Brueckner at the time in 2007 investigated any links but dismissed his involvement. In 2019 Amaral has been told by someone that a pedaphile held in Germany (we now know is Brueckner) was to implicated as a means of 'closing' the case. Once we pass 3/05/2022 any action that might have been possible against McCann will lapse as a result of Statute of Limitations.

Though Brueckner has refused to speak with police, 4 independent witnesses have now come forward speaking to a former detective Mark Thomas on behalf of Chanel 5 to assist in a documentary. They have independently corroborated his whereabouts in the time leading up to and on the night Maddie went missing. They've given witness statements and the information has been passed on to police.

Amaral identified Brueckner at the time in 2007 investigated any links but dismissed his involvement. In 2019 Amaral has been told by someone that a pedaphile held in Germany (we now know is Brueckner) was to implicated as a means of 'closing' the case. Once we pass 3/05/2022 any action that might have been possible against McCann will lapse as a result of Statute of Limitations.

Amaral didn't even show up to investigate Brueckner for years. He found his yellow house, knocked on the door where there was no answer so that was the extent of it. Brueckner had already moved out.

Amaral didn't even show up to investigate Brueckner for years. He found his yellow house, knocked on the door where there was no answer so that was the extent of it. Brueckner had already moved out.

Can I ask a question? I know from past comment that you have a rather dim opinion of Amaral. Why so negative?

If that is the extent then it is hardly investigating him

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved Madeleine McCann * Current Trial of Main Suspect Christian Brueckner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back